Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Have Yourself Spayed or Neutered, Fucking Breeders

Posted by SlumSlut 
Re: Have Yourself Spayed or Neutered, Fucking Breeders
September 27, 2011
Holy hell, I had no idea you could get STDs, yeast infections, TB and strep from animals.Learn something new every day, I guess.
September 28, 2011
this made me think of these awesome plush toys that I found at the Boston University Barnes and Noble one day. My favorite is e. coli under alimentaries. One of the girls I work with is a total germophobe so I got her a giant e. coli bacterium!

http://www.giantmicrobes.com/us/main/giantmicrobes-originals/

now we can all have a plush version of the diseases animals carry!
September 28, 2011
Cambion
Holy hell, I had no idea you could get STDs, yeast infections, TB and strep from animals.Learn something new every day, I guess.

Not only that, can you imagine how embarassing that potential conversation would be?

Doctor: You tested positive for chlamydia. Now, you should make a list of all of your past partners and contact them to inform them they may be potential carriers.

Patient: Uhhh...

crazycatlady
this made me think of these awesome plush toys that I found at the Boston University Barnes and Noble one day. My favorite is e. coli under alimentaries. One of the girls I work with is a total germophobe so I got her a giant e. coli bacterium!

now we can all have a plush version of the diseases animals carry!

You can also get them at thinkgeek.com. I was going to get one for a guy I know that screws anything that's not nailed down and is rumored to have the Love Bug.

"Here, I got you herpes! Oh, wait - " (Hey, no one ever accused me of being Miss Congeniality)
September 28, 2011
Hey i know that guy!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
September 28, 2011
I collect the plushy microbs, I have about 15 of them! in fact now that Ithink of it, there is an Ebola I've had my eye on...

chicken lady
I collect the plushy microbes, I have about 15 of them! in fact now that Ithink of it, there is an Ebola I've had my eye on...

I saw this site a few months back and I've been crushing on red blood, white blood, stem, brain, and nerve cells! I'd like to take pics of these and send them to the RNC (and DNC for that matter) and tell them to think of your constituents who are dying of crazy diseases that no longer have these things working for them. Attack PP will ya? I'll have my eggs sucked out and cultivated for stem cell research- FOR FUCKING FREE! And I would go on TV and do it too! Now that would a "reality show" I'd watch.
September 29, 2011
Thank you for posting this. I wil email/post when I get a chance.

I'm sad now. This world sucks.
September 30, 2011
Here's something to make you sadder:

A Letter from a Shelter Manager - anonymous in North Carolina

I think our socie...ty needs a huge "Wake-up" call. As a shelter manager, I am going to share a little insight with you all...a view from the inside if you will.

First off, all of you breeders/sellers should be made to work in the "back" of an animal shelter for just one day. Maybe if you saw the life drain from a few sad, lost, confused eyes, you would change your mind about breeding and selling to people you don't even know.

That puppy you just sold will most likely end up in my shelter when it's not a cute little puppy anymore. So how would you feel if you knew that there's about a 90% chance that dog will never walk out of the shelter it is going to be dumped at? Purebred or not! About 50% of all of the dogs that are "owner surrenders" or "strays", that come into my shelter are purebred dogs.

The most common excuses I hear are; "We are moving and we can't take our dog (or cat)." Really? Where are you moving too that doesn't allow pets? Or they say "The dog got bigger than we thought it would". How big did you think a German Shepherd would get? "We don't have time for her". Really? I work a 10-12 hour day and still have time for my 6 dogs! "She's tearing up our yard". How about making her a part of your family? They always tell me "We just don't want to have to stress about finding a place for her we know she'll get adopted, she's a good dog".

Odds are your pet won't get adopted & how stressful do you think being in a shelter is? Well, let me tell you, your pet has 72 hours to find a new family from the moment you drop it off. Sometimes a little longer if the shelter isn't full and your dog manages to stay completely healthy. If it sniffles, it dies. Your pet will be confined to a small run/kennel in a room with about 25 other barking or crying animals. It will have to relieve itself where it eats and sleeps. It will be depressed and it will cry constantly for the family that abandoned it. If your pet is lucky, I will have enough volunteers in that day to take him/her for a walk. If I don't, your pet won't get any attention besides having a bowl of food slid under the kennel door and the waste sprayed out of its pen with a high-powered hose. If your dog is big, black or any of the "Bully" breeds (pit bull, rottie, mastiff, etc) it was pretty much dead when you walked it through the front door.

Those dogs just don't get adopted. It doesn't matter how 'sweet' or 'well behaved' they are.

If your dog doesn't get adopted within its 72 hours and the shelter is full, it will be destroyed. If the shelter isn't full and your dog is good enough, and of a desirable enough breed it may get a stay of execution, but not for long . Most dogs get very kennel protective after about a week and are destroyed for showing aggression. Even the sweetest dogs will turn in this environment. If your pet makes it over all of those hurdles chances are it will get kennel cough or an upper respiratory infection and will be destroyed because shelters just don't have the funds to pay for even a $100 treatment.

Here's a little euthanasia 101 for those of you that have never witnessed a perfectly healthy, scared animal being "put-down".

First, your pet will be taken from its kennel on a leash. They always look like they think they are going for a walk happy, wagging their tails. Until they get to "The Room", every one of them freaks out and puts on the brakes when we get to the door. It must smell like death or they can feel the sad souls that are left in there, it's strange, but it happens with every one of them. Your dog or cat will be restrained, held down by 1 or 2 vet techs depending on the size and how freaked out they are. Then a euthanasia tech or a vet will start the process. They will find a vein in the front leg and inject a lethal dose of the "pink stuff". Hopefully your pet doesn't panic from being restrained and jerk. I've seen the needles tear out of a leg and been covered with the resulting blood and been deafened by the yelps and screams. They all don't just "go to sleep", sometimes they spasm for a while, gasp for air and defecate on themselves.

When it all ends, your pets corpse will be stacked like firewood in a large freezer in the back with all of the other animals that were killed waiting to be picked up like garbage. What happens next? Cremated? Taken to the dump? Rendered into pet food? You'll never know and it probably won't even cross your mind. It was just an animal and you can always buy another one, right?

I hope that those of you that have read this are bawling your eyes out and can't get the pictures out of your head I deal with everyday on the way home from work.

I hate my job, I hate that it exists & I hate that it will always be there unless you people make some changes and realize that the lives you are affecting go much farther than the pets you dump at a shelter.

Between 9 and 11 MILLION animals die every year in shelters and only you can stop it. I do my best to save every life I can but rescues are always full, and there are more animals coming in everyday than there are homes.

My point to all of this DON'T BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER PETS DIE!

Hate me if you want to. The truth hurts and reality is what it is. I just hope I maybe changed one persons mind about breeding their dog, taking their loving pet to a shelter, or buying a dog. I hope that someone will walk into my shelter and say "I saw this and it made me want to adopt". THAT WOULD MAKE IT WORTH IT.

"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

September 30, 2011
Ugh... I actually have witnessed perfectly healthy animals being euthanized back when I volunteered at a local shelter. I went on to work at a vet for a bit and then just couldn't handle it. Not only were some of the clients unbearable, the staff of women and girls I worked with were horrible bitches.

Anyway, I'm glad I happened to check this out again this morning, because my co-worker happened to walk in crying. This morning she took her kitten to the vet to be spayed. She's so worried that she's 'being mean' and that the kitty won't love her anymore. That's when I showed her the pile of dead cats and told her she was DOING THE RIGHT THING.
September 30, 2011
I HATE PEOPLE. Too bad that pile isn't a pile of dead breeders. Too bad each of those cats can't be traced back to the irresponsible fuck who caused them to be and said irresponsible fuck is put to sleep and stacked in a pile. There aren't too many cats, there are too many fucking humans.
September 30, 2011
When I take my cats to the vet and they meow in the car, I tell them "It's alright" but I cry because a lot of the time, it is NOT "alright".

And for those budding trolls who are reading this saying "Animals don't FEEL things the same way humans do" -

HOW DOES THIS MAKE YOU FEEL? DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD? WHY NOT LET YOUR KID WATCH? IT WOULD BE EDUCATIONAL!!!

September 30, 2011
law1204
I HATE PEOPLE. Too bad that pile isn't a pile of dead breeders. Too bad each of those cats can't be traced back to the irresponsible fuck who caused them to be and said irresponsible fuck is put to sleep and stacked in a pile. There aren't too many cats, there are too many fucking humans.

Not many of you know this, but I found my cat "Poofy" pregnant and eating garbage. It took almost a week to trap her because the first time, the trap didn't lock properly and she wouldn't go back in it. ONe week later she had her kittens, and eventually, they all had to be put down because of certain birth-defects which were probably due to lack of proper nutrition during Poofy's pregnancy.

Now, this is probably mostly my imagination, but I can't tell you how many times Poofy would look at me and it seemed like she was saying, "Thank you for making me your kitty and having me spayed". And I would say "You're welcome. Thank you for being my kitty." She could have left and found somewhere else to live if she didn't like it with me.

September 30, 2011
Proud to be a misanthrope. thumbs upwink
The humans are crowding out all the animals.
This makes me glad my dogs are spayed and neutered.
I have a Boston Terrier and a Pug.

“I don’t have pet peeves, I have major, psychotic fucking hatreds.”
— George Carlin
September 30, 2011
SlumSlut
When I take my cats to the vet and they meow in the car, I tell them "It's alright" but I cry because a lot of the time, it is NOT "alright".

And for those budding trolls who are reading this saying "Animals don't FEEL things the same way humans do" -

HOW DOES THIS MAKE YOU FEEL? DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD? WHY NOT LET YOUR KID WATCH? IT WOULD BE EDUCATIONAL!!!

Someone who dosen't have compassion for animals won't have real compassion for humans either. They will always put themselves first. Someone wiser than me once said "somebody who is nice to your face but not nice to the waiter or janitor is not a nice person." Well someone who disposes of pets when they are inconvenient will dispose of you when you are inconvenient.

thom_c
SlumSlut

Someone who dosen't have compassion for animals won't have real compassion for humans either. They will always put themselves first. Someone wiser than me once said "somebody who is nice to your face but not nice to the waiter or janitor is not a nice person." Well someone who disposes of pets when they are inconvenient will dispose of you when you are inconvenient.

Of course that's right Tom... But ain't rhetoric just grooovy?

September 30, 2011
Oh, my god. Reading that letter made me cry. I'm a US Army Veteran who served in Iraq and a damned grown woman and I wept like a baby. Stuff like that is the reason I couldn't be a vet or work at a shelter.

On the bright side, I mentioned by brother's dog in an earlier post in this thread, a golden retriever mix named Molly. He and his wife have decided to give her to me. This means a flight across the country for the little dog. I'm trying to get her the most direct trip I can, to minimize stress. I'm sure the poor thing will be upset. I'm just glad that she won't end up in a pound. We're happy to take her in.
law1204

frenzy
Proud to be a misanthrope.

Everything this failing species touches turns to shit.

I don't care if humans get their asses kicked by SkyNet in the future. They don't deserve this planet. Fuck them.

October 01, 2011
SlumSlut
Here's something to make you sadder:

A Letter from a Shelter Manager - anonymous in North Carolina

I think our socie...ty needs a huge "Wake-up" call. As a shelter manager, I am going to share a little insight with you all...a view from the inside if you will.

First off, all of you breeders/sellers should be made to work in the "back" of an animal shelter for just one day. Maybe if you saw the life drain from a few sad, lost, confused eyes, you would change your mind about breeding and selling to people you don't even know.

That puppy you just sold will most likely end up in my shelter when it's not a cute little puppy anymore. So how would you feel if you knew that there's about a 90% chance that dog will never walk out of the shelter it is going to be dumped at? Purebred or not! About 50% of all of the dogs that are "owner surrenders" or "strays", that come into my shelter are purebred dogs.

The most common excuses I hear are; "We are moving and we can't take our dog (or cat)." Really? Where are you moving too that doesn't allow pets? Or they say "The dog got bigger than we thought it would". How big did you think a German Shepherd would get? "We don't have time for her". Really? I work a 10-12 hour day and still have time for my 6 dogs! "She's tearing up our yard". How about making her a part of your family? They always tell me "We just don't want to have to stress about finding a place for her we know she'll get adopted, she's a good dog".

Odds are your pet won't get adopted & how stressful do you think being in a shelter is? Well, let me tell you, your pet has 72 hours to find a new family from the moment you drop it off. Sometimes a little longer if the shelter isn't full and your dog manages to stay completely healthy. If it sniffles, it dies. Your pet will be confined to a small run/kennel in a room with about 25 other barking or crying animals. It will have to relieve itself where it eats and sleeps. It will be depressed and it will cry constantly for the family that abandoned it. If your pet is lucky, I will have enough volunteers in that day to take him/her for a walk. If I don't, your pet won't get any attention besides having a bowl of food slid under the kennel door and the waste sprayed out of its pen with a high-powered hose. If your dog is big, black or any of the "Bully" breeds (pit bull, rottie, mastiff, etc) it was pretty much dead when you walked it through the front door.

Those dogs just don't get adopted. It doesn't matter how 'sweet' or 'well behaved' they are.

If your dog doesn't get adopted within its 72 hours and the shelter is full, it will be destroyed. If the shelter isn't full and your dog is good enough, and of a desirable enough breed it may get a stay of execution, but not for long . Most dogs get very kennel protective after about a week and are destroyed for showing aggression. Even the sweetest dogs will turn in this environment. If your pet makes it over all of those hurdles chances are it will get kennel cough or an upper respiratory infection and will be destroyed because shelters just don't have the funds to pay for even a $100 treatment.

Here's a little euthanasia 101 for those of you that have never witnessed a perfectly healthy, scared animal being "put-down".

First, your pet will be taken from its kennel on a leash. They always look like they think they are going for a walk happy, wagging their tails. Until they get to "The Room", every one of them freaks out and puts on the brakes when we get to the door. It must smell like death or they can feel the sad souls that are left in there, it's strange, but it happens with every one of them. Your dog or cat will be restrained, held down by 1 or 2 vet techs depending on the size and how freaked out they are. Then a euthanasia tech or a vet will start the process. They will find a vein in the front leg and inject a lethal dose of the "pink stuff". Hopefully your pet doesn't panic from being restrained and jerk. I've seen the needles tear out of a leg and been covered with the resulting blood and been deafened by the yelps and screams. They all don't just "go to sleep", sometimes they spasm for a while, gasp for air and defecate on themselves.

When it all ends, your pets corpse will be stacked like firewood in a large freezer in the back with all of the other animals that were killed waiting to be picked up like garbage. What happens next? Cremated? Taken to the dump? Rendered into pet food? You'll never know and it probably won't even cross your mind. It was just an animal and you can always buy another one, right?

I hope that those of you that have read this are bawling your eyes out and can't get the pictures out of your head I deal with everyday on the way home from work.

I hate my job, I hate that it exists & I hate that it will always be there unless you people make some changes and realize that the lives you are affecting go much farther than the pets you dump at a shelter.

Between 9 and 11 MILLION animals die every year in shelters and only you can stop it. I do my best to save every life I can but rescues are always full, and there are more animals coming in everyday than there are homes.

My point to all of this DON'T BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER PETS DIE!

Hate me if you want to. The truth hurts and reality is what it is. I just hope I maybe changed one persons mind about breeding their dog, taking their loving pet to a shelter, or buying a dog. I hope that someone will walk into my shelter and say "I saw this and it made me want to adopt". THAT WOULD MAKE IT WORTH IT.

oh zeus this is so sad... can i post this to my facebook? sad smiley
i don't believe in life after death for human, and i don't think human deserve a heaven. but i kind of hope rainbow bridge does exist... a place for every animal and pet that never have a chance to be happy in this human dominated world. why should they sacrifice their life like that? for nothing, really? earth belongs to every creature lives in there, but mankind destroys the whole system by posing as the ultimate owner of the earth. these animals die so that human can live a long, happy, healthy life. i really hate mankind.

frenzy
Proud to be a misanthrope.
This makes me glad my dogs are spayed and neutered.
I have a Boston Terrier and a Pug.

:1wv misanthrope here too, (and i'm quite extreme. i hope homo sapiens will soon become extinct)

spread meme, not genes

to my uterus: Y U NO GET THE FUCK OUT FROM MY BODY?
October 01, 2011
Yes, you can put it on your FB. That is where I got it from:

https://www.facebook.com/?sk=dateorder#!/pages/Advocate-for-Saving-Dogs/167589529920039

When I put these stories up, people try to make me "feel better" by posting links to "uplifting" stories and articles of how some poor animal got rescued and now has a better life. Those stories do NOT make me feel any better because they are less than probably 0.01%... although I have not done the necessary statistical research to verify that figure. However, whenever we find a kitten at a rest stop or whatever, I always wonder where its mama is and what happened to the rest of the brothers and sisters from the litter. The ones that end up with us always go on to have safe homes. It's the ones we never know about that makes me sad and why we keep coming back for more.

October 01, 2011
Shelter Manager
The most common excuses I hear are; "We are moving and we can't take our dog (or cat)." Really? Where are you moving too that doesn't allow pets?
Any breeders who use this excuse just don't care enough!

Almost two years ago a situation occurred in our old house that made it impossible for us to live there. Our poodle was 6 at the time. We had to find an apartment FAST! In all this, my wife and I both decided that we would live in the car with our dog before we'd give her up. Any apartment we chose HAD to allow pets. Extra cost or not. Screw the extra cost. I'm not living any place where my baby girl (my dog) can't live!!

jbs
October 01, 2011
johnnybsterile
Shelter Manager
The most common excuses I hear are; "We are moving and we can't take our dog (or cat)." Really? Where are you moving too that doesn't allow pets?
Any breeders who use this excuse just don't care enough!

Almost two years ago a situation occurred in our old house that made it impossible for us to live there. Our poodle was 6 at the time. We had to find an apartment FAST! In all this, my wife and I both decided that we would live in the car with our dog before we'd give her up. Any apartment we chose HAD to allow pets. Extra cost or not. Screw the extra cost. I'm not living any place where my baby girl (my dog) can't live!!

jbs

Florida.

Florida is where they all move to that doesn't allow pets.

Geez, that's a no-brainer. I thought everyone knew that.

October 01, 2011
what about moving abroad or moving to other island? i imagine it is hard to do the paperwork and go through the administration process...

in my place, ignorant ex-pet owners leave their aging, sickly cats and dogs on the toll road to get euthanized by fast moving cars. how else could a dog be on the toll road where there's no civilization in 10km radius?

spread meme, not genes

to my uterus: Y U NO GET THE FUCK OUT FROM MY BODY?
October 01, 2011
I adopted my kitty boo from an independent Humane Society. Their online yearly report states that they place the majority of the animals they get. Some reside in foster and if the animal is friendly and adoptable, they don't put a time limit on the cat or dog to find a new loving owner. Their budget, donors, projects, percentages, etc are all available online. I think some animals do get euthanized but mostly because they are too ill or feral to be placed. The shelter I go to even has projects to help owners who lost their pets, grief support, a program to help AIDS patients keep their animals, low cost spay and neuter, a traveling adoption van that doubles as emergency disaster response for animals, and retirement home outreach where they take pets to visit the elderly in nursing homes.

I can't imagine my life without a cat in it; I can't imagine my life without my cat now. He is a pound purrie and every bit as lovable, if not moreso, than some purebred from a backyard breeder. I will never BUY a cat or get one from anyplace other than a shelter.

Also, I hate people.
October 01, 2011

When my Mom and I found our new apartment, the landlord said "no pets". Our calico Cookie was 7 at the time. We told that dude that he had a choice - either us (good, honest, clean, quiet people who would always pay our rent on time) PLUS our cat OR whoever else he might find (noisy, messy, unreliable, etc). He agreed and even put Cookie's name on the lease! grinning smiley
I moved from Sweden to the United States in '03 (Florida!), and my kitties moved with me. There was simply no way that I was leaving them, ever. I couple of acquaintances of mine told me "they're just cats, don't spend all that money to take them with you, just give them away or let them go in the woods or something". Yeah, I didn't say goodbye to these people when I left and I hope they get gonorrhea.

My kitties moved here with me. Leaving them never entered my brain as an option. There was just no way I could ever have left them.

So FUCK any cunts who say that they cannot take their pets with them when they move. It makes me furious.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login