Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo MPs want to breastfeed in the House of Commons

Posted by screaming sausage 
Moo MPs want to breastfeed in the House of Commons
November 11, 2015
Not content with bringing their screaming spawn into cafes, pubs, restaurants, cinemas, theatres and airport cabins, the UK's Moos of Parliament who already earn £74K per year and have access to a taxpayer-funded creche now want the right to make the workplace insufferable. Apparently this will get more women into politics because all women want babies and babies are all we care about. Aaaaarrggh:

LINK
Re: Moo MPs want to breastfeed in the House of Commons
November 11, 2015
I'm not a citizen of the UK, but if I were, I just wouldn't vote for them.

Through the years the one thing I've learned about these beefers is that they hijack the purpose and focus of any setting, put the spotlight on themselves, and turn it into a beefing platform. They host "nurse-ins" at department stores for crying out loud. And now they're going to run the country? I don't think so.

Politics is serious business and we need men and women who are up to the task and ready to tackle the problems of the 21st century.
Re: Moo MPs want to breastfeed in the House of Commons
November 11, 2015
I certainly wouldn't vote for someone who intended to take a taxpayer-funded salary of £74K, plus a notoriously generous expenses allowance which even covers the rent on a second home, plus state-subsidised bars and restaurants, plus a free creche, and then spend her time beefing in Parliament rather than paying attention to the debate so she can represent my interests...

...but the real problem here is that a minority of exhibitionist beefing moos are now trying to set a precedent. This is an old debate which has resurfaced:

Betty Boothroyd, former Speaker of the Commons... said it would be allowed when workers at Tesco were allowed to do so.

That should have been the end of it, and moos should just accept that the Commons is a workplace like any other, a place where adults have work to do and need to concentrate while they do it, but nope, they want to ruin people's lives at work as well as in the places they go to relax when they're not working.

Judging by the comments here and on other articles it seems there are plenty of moos who are seeing this as encouragement to demand the right to bring their screaming spawn to work. I can't see this happening soon, if at all- for one thing it would be a health and safety nightmare- but I'm already sick of the moos voicing their claims to entitlement over this one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login