Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

more proof how much parenthood sucks

Posted by ladybug2203 
more proof how much parenthood sucks
March 25, 2016
Duhd would rather sit on a dirty crapper than deal with the gremlins http://www.scarymommy.com/dear-husband/
Re: more proof how much parenthood sucks
March 26, 2016
This isn't just something dads do. On the other CF forum one poster helpfully compiles the True Mom Confessions in one handy thread and one which comes up again and again is "I pretend to be ill just so I can hide in the bathroom and play Candy Crush/smoke pot/have some time alone". Imagine a life where sitting in your own bathroom for an extended period of time is a luxury... I think I'll pass, thanks.
March 26, 2016
At least in this person's family they shut the bathroom door. I've had several mothers tell me that they don't get bathroom privacy - even when pooping - because their kids are so clingy and obnoxious.
March 26, 2016
happyhiker
At least in this person's family they shut the bathroom door. I've had several mothers tell me that they don't get bathroom privacy - even when pooping - because their kids are so clingy and obnoxious.

My mom kept door open cuz if my autistic sister (when she closed door she escaped to neighbors house).
March 26, 2016
Probably why breeders usually have so much stuff plastered on their bathroom door to look at. I used to dread going to the loo at this one family friends place, simply because of the massive collage of family photos on the back of the toilet door. Do you know how hard it is to go, when you have 60 pairs of eyes staring you down? It was all the more impossible to toilet once I developed a crush on her brother, imagine trying to poop with a dozen images of your crush watching you.thumbs down

On a side note, most men I've known, are regular and take their time. What most people dont seem to notice is, men really aren't concerned how long it takes others to toilet, so its never really an issue. I know if a guy freind or my partner says their going to the toilet; and their not back in 3 minutes, they wont be for another 20-40. If its really that urgent that the task asked be done before then, I'll do it myself (unless I'm genuinely unable to).
March 26, 2016
exile
Probably why breeders usually have so much stuff plastered on their bathroom door to look at. I used to dread going to the loo at this one family friends place, simply because of the massive collage of family photos on the back of the toilet door. Do you know how hard it is to go, when you have 60 pairs of eyes staring you down? It was all the more impossible to toilet once I developed a crush on her brother, imagine trying to poop with a dozen images of your crush watching you.thumbs down

On a side note, most men I've known, are regular and take their time. What most people dont seem to notice is, men really aren't concerned how long it takes others to toilet, so its never really an issue. I know if a guy freind or my partner says their going to the toilet; and their not back in 3 minutes, they wont be for another 20-40. If its really that urgent that the task asked be done before then, I'll do it myself (unless I'm genuinely unable to).

My mom never closed the door even when we got older. Well, maybe not all the time and usually when it was just me home. I had lots of conversations with her on the loo while I brushed my teeth.

I can also say now that I appreciated all the reading material my mom kept for that special time. Old Readers Digests sure beat macaroni art. Although I never understood the purpose of having Popular Mechanics in the can, as if that's the place to build a ham radio.
March 26, 2016
Using bathroom breaks to dodge household tasks? Pretty childish. And I should know, because I tried to use that exact strategy when I was a child myself. Usually it was after dinner, when it was time to clear the table, wash dishes, load the dishwasher, and clean the kitchen. My parents got onto me for this tactic, though, and I knocked it off.
March 27, 2016
Yeah, I've heard this before many times too. I've also heard plenty of stories of Moos who "can't" shit in peace because their kids "need" to follow them in the bathroom. I don't believe that for a second. No normal kid "needs" to watch its parents take a dump. The handlers just refuse to establish boundaries or they're so ascared that their kids will spontaneously combust or something if they're left alone for 30 seconds.

Duh here is no dummy. He escapes to the bathroom so he doesn't have to lift a finger in regard to domestic/household duties, including anything involving the kids he helped make. Doesn't sound like "a pretty awesome guy" to me - sounds like a lazy asshole. I'd understand if the guy had some kind of continence problem or bowel issue that required bathroom visits on short notice, but considering he's always in need of the toilet right when he might be expected to do something, I'd say it's not a coincidence.

One thing Moo could do to break her may-unn of his habit is put a key-operated locking doorknob on the bathroom door. She can lock the bathroom door from the outside until he helps her with whatever needs to be done, meaning he can either learn to hold his artificially fickle bowels, pick the lock, unscrew the doorknob, shit in the neighbor's bathroom or take a crap in the yard. I mean, that's a really childish, dickish thing to do, but I'd also say that deciding to hole up in the bathroom to avoid chores is a really childish, dickish thing to do too.
March 27, 2016
happyhiker

Sounds like a consequence of helicopter parunting
March 27, 2016
I will sometimes hide in the bathroom at work to escape from all the noise and drama and stress, just for a few minutes. I can't imagine feeling like I had to do that in my own home!
March 28, 2016
Why do men take so long to crap? Unless I'm sick, I can get out in under three minutes, tops.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
March 28, 2016
Used this excuse selectively as a kid.

I've been married/had roommates and cleaning up after someone else can waste hours of your day, every day and that doesn't take into consideration actual cleaning maintenance, laundry, taking care of someone else's pet for an extended period of time, etc. It also doesn't take into account the hours spent commuting and working. Think we've all known those people who are physically incapable of moving a dish any further than the kitchen sink. It can spiral out of control to the point where you have no free or relaxing time. If you do agree to cook state exactly under what terms unless you plan to cook three meals a day and what foods are for pre-planned meals versus random snacks. The others are on their own or can enjoy leftovers for the meals you don't agree to cook.

Become good at ignoring the ones at work, even if it means being 100% self sufficient and bringing your dishes from home each day. At home, eat leftovers and state the sink obvious facts "there are dirty dishes which have been in the sink for blank days which aren't my mess" and state you'll start cooking again once the sink is empty and counter tops are clean. The problem I've found is that the overwhelming majority of people are incredibly lazy when it comes to such things and once you do something one time for them in the spirit of compromise they take it for granted as your duty. This is why I bring in my coffee in a thermos from home each day, as I'm not going to be the one who makes coffee for everyone else at work on a daily basis and is also in charge of cleaning the coffee maker, keeping supply inventory and the like.

I'd tell this woman exactly what I've determined based on experience: determine from the start that you mutually agree to hire someone to clean, delivery groceries, etc. unless one of you plans to do these things every time and never expects help or any sort of appreciation from the other. Set the appropriate boundaries and stick to them regardless. And if you don't enjoy cleaning and other drudgery either make enough money to where you don't have to do these things or marry a spouse who is willing to do all drudge work. Don't have children unless you can afford to pay others (as in at least one full time employee) for all the drudge work vs. paying others while not having kids (as in about 4-7 hours a week).
March 28, 2016
Miss_Hannigan
Why do men take so long to crap? Unless I'm sick, I can get out in under three minutes, tops.

1) That's where the magazine /newspaper rack is spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
2) Bathroom activities can not begin till small bit of spiral wound toilet paper is stuck under the door for the cat to bat around.
3) On the can is when cerebral perfusion is maximized for many men. This is why politicians have such shitty ideas,
4) Our parents spent so much time bothering us when we were in there (can't let those boys handle the hammer to much) that we're making up for by taking our own time doing our business in peace.

Click here to login