Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Coming from a breeder family - Something to brag about?

Posted by mr. neptune 
Coming from a breeder family - Something to brag about?
June 20, 2016
Lately, there have been political commercials in our area for local offices. I have noticed that at least one, who is running for state office, states that Katie McG (I will get the commercial) is one of 9 children from a Father who was a police officer and a mother who was a restaurant hostess. Why would it be desirable for someone running for office to be from a large family? What is the point to be made? It seems to me that it just proves that her father would not stay off of her mother, and she was probably intimidated because he was a police officer, so he always "got it" Is this some way to attract breeder voters? Looks like I might have to write myself in, but from a family of 5, I feel that was too many kids too.

Well, here's a quote from KatieMcginty.com: URGENT: In Harrisburg and all around the state, voters have a real contrast. Katie McGinty. 9th of 10 kids. Daughter of a policeman and a restaurant hostess. She’ll stand up for working families.

Mods: You can relocate to Patio if need be.
Re: Coming from a breeder family - Something to brag about?
June 20, 2016
She is working class (aka-relatable to voters) although a politician by definition isn't working class, especially if running for Senate. She is trying to identify with working and middle class voters by talking about the ridiculous amount of kids her parents had. She also makes a snide statement about her competition and implies he is for the wealthy, etc. This coming from a woman whose parents lack the discretion to plan their family size accordingly.

Guess identifying with me personally never endeared me to any politician. Much as they'd like us to think otherwise, once they have any political clout they cater to special interest groups, lobbyists, and other politicians. Tit for tat and all that, especially in the Senate. Their interests change to remaining an incumbent rather than helping out common folk.

Senate members start at $174,000 a year plus benefits according to this.
They are vested after 5 years.

But hey, she is just like the Failmart greeter or the local laundromat owner! Working class all the way!

Seriously, I'd rather vote for someone who isn't ashamed to say they will work hard, is industrious and are a greedy mother fu-ker. At least it is honest, instead of hiding behind their working class parents! Makes me puke a little in my mouth, like the millionaires who hide behind their hard working farmer family legacies.
June 21, 2016
I thought the same thing. Eight siblings. Eight people to get special favors. I don't vote for any local candidate that spouts off about their DNA replicants. Just more family hands to fill from the taxpayer coffers.
June 21, 2016
When I vote, I look at a person's policies. If the policies seem indistinguishable to me, I rule out the person who makes any reference to famblee in their statement. "As a mother..." "Father of four" and "7th child of a 7th child" only tell me that person is breeder-brained and is pandering to the lowest class of voter. Blathering about religion is another sure-fire way to get me not to vote for you.
June 21, 2016
I already posted it here but nevermind:

The mayor of our small city is a large scale breeder.

He promoted himself as a father during elections.
His ad focused on the fact that he has *four OWN chyldrun*thumbs down

FIL and MIL voted for him because
he is a *responsible fambly father* thumbs down and
*because he has chyldrun, he will think of the fyuture* moody smiley

Let's say he has not fullfilled the expectations.
Today, the in-laws keep saying that they regret voting for him.

It's the same old bull$hit:
He is a father = he is responsible, hard-working, mature, savvy...
June 21, 2016
Pretty much mandatory for politicians to post photos of their brats and grandbrats in all their election materials. Even the ones that overcame huge odds to become successful. One politician even did an attack ad on her opponent that accused him of saying she's incompetent and working moos can't be in the state senate. Her opponent criticized her tax proposal as unsustainable. Ad showed candidate moo in her office surrounded by photos of her brats. If I was a potential client, I would leave the moment I saw the ton of brat photos.
June 21, 2016
What is there to brag about?
June 21, 2016
Unfortunately around here I have hold my nose and vote for Katie, her opponent is the ogghole Pat Toomey who is against womens' rights at all and brags about the 3 kids he has. Boy, does this choice stink!
June 21, 2016
mr. neptune
Unfortunately around here I have hold my nose and vote for Katie, her opponent is the ogghole Pat Toomey who is against womens' rights at all and brags about the 3 kids he has. Boy, does this choice stink!

It is a choice between a giant douche or a turd sandwich the finger smiley
June 21, 2016
They probably figure that someone who comes from a big breeder family is someone who has learned to be responsible (dealing with siblings), is good with kids (because they had no choice) and is an upstanding family person. With that many people living on the combined wages of a cop and a waitress, they were probably pretty poor, meaning that this person can sympathize with the plights of poor families (whose poverty is all their own doing because they refused to use birth control) because they're an average joe. Daddy being a cop can also be a selling point because it implies that the candidate is a good, law-abiding citizen. Basically, they look like the product of an everyday family and not like spoiled rich kids.

Compare to an unchilded candidate. They will be seen as someone whose view isn't quite as worldly because they don't have kids. They can't relate to or sympathize with families. They could be seen as mentally unstable because having kids is what you do when you become an adult, so what's wrong with this person that makes them not have a family? If the candidate is a woman, people won't take her seriously to begin with because of her gender, but if she's an unchilded woman, then there's no way she could know what's best for a town/state if she can't even have some kids, so nobody would vote for her. All the bizzy mommies out there like to think they'd make wonderful presidents/governors/leaders in general, so they would immediately take offense to a candidate that invalidates their choice to breed. Why should the woman who has no idea what "real" responsibility (having kids) is be put in charge of the town? Parents are generally seen as being preferable candidates in any election because people assume that a parent could never be corrupt, just like how parents never murder their own kids. Never mind all the proof we have otherwise of both.

Coming from a breeder family doesn't make someone a better candidate. In fact, I'd sooner vote for someone who isn't a parent because it means they can devote more of themselves to their job than a parent whose kids will always be more important than anything the locals need.
June 22, 2016
goatkidzrcute

It's called ChildFree....

Okaaaayyyy.....

Edit to add the rest poster's quote. For some reason when I selected quote to reply it omitted the second sentence. Weird.
June 22, 2016
the noodler
goatkidzrcute

Okaaaayyyy.....

Edit to add the rest poster's quote. For some reason when I selected quote to reply it omitted the second sentence. Weird.

Could it be because it's their siggy? That's the only reason I can think of. The same sentence is in all the poster's comments.
June 22, 2016
mumofsixbirds
the noodler
goatkidzrcute

Okaaaayyyy.....

Could it be because it's their siggy? That's the only reason I can think of. The same sentence is in all the poster's comments.

You mean all 10 of them since yesterday?

Added my own siggy to mourn the fact that I'll have no new Defiance episodes. Ever. (I know he's not CF but I I had it bad for Grant Bowler).

June 23, 2016
Katie laughs that this big, loud and fun household was a “no complaint zone.”

Unfortunately, it's not that way for a lot of people and it certainly is not like that for me. I grew up the oldest of 5, 3 sisters and 1 brother. My middle sister was mean to me growing up, I still don't speak to her much. My brother is a raging alcoholic, he's going to another rehab today. The other 2 sisters were and are generally supportive, but I was not comfortable with so many people. My mother brags that she is the 11th of 12 kids on a farm in Kansas during the great depression. Today, I will hear something from her about how tough life is for "working families" and about how her siblings all joined the service. Unfortunately, it turns out I have Aspergers syndrome, and a "big, loud, and fun household" was just too much for me to deal with. I was also terrified to join the service as a lot of Breed Hills people do. Oh, and my brother? He joined the Air Force and while that is no excuse for his alcoholism, it is found to be partially service connected, so mom and I are taking him to a rehab at the VA today. Makes me wonder, is joining the military worth it?

My father was a dentist at a VA hospital and made a very good income, so we were not at all poor. But not only do large families spend more on obvious things like food, but also he spent a lot on cars (everybody needs a ride and Chevrolets didn't last long back then), car repairs (not too reliable), doctors, dentists, (visits not covered by insurance) special education (I required some),Pampers (only for my brother) and what bothers me most of all, payments to the Catholic church. Dad was a devout Catholic and thought the priest could do no wrong. But if the house needed a repair or I wanted something like a new vacuum cleaner, because I did a lot of the chores around the house, the answer was "lets hold off on that, I don't have the money." So no, not at all hungry but you could tell money was tight.

Sometimes I wish we were 2 families and they would not have been so overwhelmed and better life for all involved. That is why I find breeder families gross. The kids do not reach their full potential. It does not seem to be anything to be proud of. Or am I just miserable?

I also think it is gross because anyone can calculate that Katie's cop father intimidated her hostess mother into having sex with him and being pregnant almost continuously. The Kelly's with the diaper pails in the house were like that too. Do men become sex mad when they're married?

I'm sorry but to me large families are just "ewwwwww"
June 23, 2016
mr. neptune
I also think it is gross because anyone can calculate that Katie's cop father intimidated her hostess mother into having sex with him and being pregnant almost continuously. The Kelly's with the diaper pails in the house were like that too. Do men become sex mad when they're married?

Well, that's not a given. Some women seem to like being pregnant (I don't know what's wrong with them), and plenty of women throughout history have liked sex well enough to risk pregnancy. Sex drives vary for both men and women, the entire gamut from asexual to sex mad. So without knowing the people involved it's impossible to say if the man was a brute who kept her barefoot and pregnant, or if she was a willing participant. It's not even possible to assume anything about sex drive from once-a-year pregnancies, unless you're like the Protestant couple in Monty Python's The Meaning of Life, complaining about the Catholics filling up the world with all their children.
June 23, 2016
i come from a large family too (five kids), and so did my Dad (eight kids). He was in county office for 16 years, till 1992; but his accounting experience and his volunteer duties were more important factors than family size in getting elected. The breederific stuff seems to have become important in the last twenty years.

A candidate for Congress in our district definitely brings the wife and two kyds (one is a baby) to all his events. Though I support his ideas and plan to vote for him, the famblee stuff wears thin on me. But you better believe the breeders in the audience eat it up. Why? Damned if I know, unless it's comforting to imagine a candidate is "just like us."

The presence, or absence, of kyds should mean jack-shit in a political campaign. Is the candidate qualified? What are his/her ideas? This is what matters.

It takes a child to raze a village.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login