Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Juveniles burned Gatlinburg, killing 14 people

Posted by crazy old crone 
Juveniles burned Gatlinburg, killing 14 people
December 08, 2016
Somebody's bay-bays set the fire that turned a town into a literal, flaming hell. Parents who set monsters like this out on the world should be considered as guilty as their spawn. I hope they are tried as adults, but I wish their parents could face charges.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/07/us/gatlinburg-tennessee-wildfire.html?_r=0
Re: Juveniles burned Gatlinburg, killing 14 people
December 08, 2016
What a nice couple of spawn! If they are tried as adults, it serves them right. And if they are old enough to commit a felony, they're old enough to have their names made public.two cents

It takes a child to raze a village.
December 08, 2016
A CF couple involved in pet rescue lost their own two sweet pugs; they were on vacation, went shopping for a few hours and came back to hell on earth. They were not allowed to go to their cabin to save their babies. Other people lost homes, their very livelihoods and some lost their lives.

Try them as adults; it is released that both are teens so can't say they did not know better. For those in comments who play the "poor kids card" there are three young men recuperating from burns in a burn unit; their parents did not get out alive. Those are 'poor kids", not the little jizz stains who started the fire.

Lock them up for life. If the two little assholes become Bubba's chew toy, I could not give less of a fuck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
December 08, 2016
Try them as adults, convict them, and then set fire to them. Then put them out before they die and set fire to them again.
December 08, 2016
kittehpeoples
Try them as adults, convict them, and then set fire to them. Then put them out before they die and set fire to them again.

That probably won't fly as long as the 8th amendment exists, but I am a proponent of the death penalty, and these two hooligans are good candidates for it.
December 08, 2016
StudioFiftyFour
kittehpeoples

That probably won't fly as long as the 8th amendment exists, but I am a proponent of the death penalty, and these two hooligans are good candidates for it.

Nah, won't fly, but man, it would be just.
December 08, 2016
StudioFiftyFour
kittehpeoples

Yea, Im all about that 8th amendment too S54. Good call. Getting tired of all the eye for an eye stuff that gets trotted out on these cases and hot car deaths, et al. Our nation and our laws don't work that way. If they did, we would just as bad as the Middle East, chopping off hands and such.
December 08, 2016
i just wonder how they figured out it was those two. as much as I'd like to strangle them... poor little pugs and all the others creatures and people fried, i hope they got the right ones.

ps: wonder what the parunts are saying. and you know, don't talk to the bloody relatives: talk to neighbors, schools, and do so under anonymity.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.

December 08, 2016
twocents
i just wonder how they figured out it was those two. as much as I'd like to strangle them... poor little pugs and all the others creatures and people fried, i hope they got the right ones.

ps: wonder what the parunts are saying. and you know, don't talk to the bloody relatives: talk to neighbors, schools, and do so under anonymity.

I am sure some statements will be leaked to the media via third-party channels. And those statements will be something along the lines of, "We never saw it coming.... we're victims too!"

hitting over the head with a hammer

When will we wake up and start making parents responsible for the felonious behavior of their children? This caused death, destruction, and millions of dollars worth of property damage. The law should be written so as the go to prison and their life savings and assets should be forfeited. Although this would only cover a tiny fraction of the damage, these kinds of incidents would be reduced.

State laws require that owners of pets be held liable when their animals attack humans or cause damage to property. The same should be true for children.

Two options should exist...

1. Juveniles near the age of majority are tried as adults in cases such as these. All means of punishment, including lifetime prison sentences and the death penalty, are on the table. Parents are not liable.

2. Juveniles are not tried as adults, but parents are held liable, financially, and possibly with a prison term as well.

And this should be true for all mass shootings, destruction of property, etc. People work their asses off in this country for their entire lives to MAYBE enjoy a home, a car, and perhaps a few simple holiday gifts. And for what? So that these morons can cause death and widespread destruction? Fuck that. SOMEONE should be held responsible... the parents or the kids. This, "Well they're just juveniles so cut 'em a break..." bullshit has no place in a sane society.
December 08, 2016
Destroyed about a thousand buildings...I don't think it is possible to dole a punishment severe enough to these brats. The loss of lives, livelihood and well being are catastrophic.
December 08, 2016
I haven't read any comments and I'm going to avoid them because there will be the assholes that want to whine that "They're just kiiiiiiids! They were just playing around like all kids do! They shouldn't have their lives ruined! We all made mistakes at their ages!"

I've done stupid stuff as a kid and teenager, but I somehow managed to not destroy an entire town, kill 17 people, and ruin the lives of thousands. The absolute LEAST these shitstains could do is spend the rest of their lives in prison. Insurance doesn't pay for a whole new house or repair a business or reimburse for damaged goods. Maybe these Mensa candidates were just fucking around and it got out of control, but given the death and destruction, who cares? The intent and reasoning doesn't matter; what matters is what happened and the aftermath.

Actually, what should happen is that they get a suspended sentence and they spend the period before their prison sentence is having to help in the cleanup and recovery efforts. They rebuild and restock houses and business, they attend the funerals of those they killed, they face the devastation they caused head on. They have to look the people whose lives they ruined in the eye. And after that, they can go rot in prison for the rest of their worthless lives.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
December 08, 2016
the noodler
StudioFiftyFour
kittehpeoples

Yea, Im all about that 8th amendment too S54. Good call. Getting tired of all the eye for an eye stuff that gets trotted out on these cases and hot car deaths, et al. Our nation and our laws don't work that way. If they did, we would just as bad as the Middle East, chopping off hands and such.

I'm actually against the death penalty IRL as it stands in the US, but when arson leads to burning animals to death (not to mention the human lives lost), then yeah, I'll spout off about breaking out the blow torches.
December 09, 2016
Death penalty should only be used in extreme cases such as this or mass murders/serial killers. I would feel happy as a victim's family or friend that they be put to death. I still think life in jail is worse than execution.
December 09, 2016
the noodler
StudioFiftyFour
kittehpeoples

Try them as adults, then make sure these kiddies go to an adult prison, at 18 at least, and the "cruel and unusual punishment" won't be dolled out by the courts or citizens.
December 09, 2016
twocents

I heard on a TV news report that the police got a LOT of tips.

It burns me up that parents aren't held responsible along with their spawn. And no society, the parents are not punished enough by seeing their bay-bays arrested. They didn't lose a wife and two young daughters, as one man I saw being interviewed, he will never stop grieving, I doubt these mini-psychopaths and their parents will think of all the people like him for worrying how to get these two off the hook.
December 09, 2016
Kids to prison for the rest of their lives. Parents have to pay the financial damages for the rest of theirs.

I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
December 09, 2016
shy lurker
Death penalty should only be used in extreme cases such as this or mass murders/serial killers. I would feel happy as a victim's family or friend that they be put to death. I still think life in jail is worse than execution.

I'm with you: rotting in a cage for 50 years would be a far worse fate, IMHO, than mere death. With the death penalty, 15 minutes and pfffft! It's over with, the perp is out of his misery. Let the little bastards sit in a cell and think about what they did for the next 50-60 years.
December 09, 2016
just tips? still may be difficult to put the match in their hand(s). like I said, i hope they got the right ones.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
December 12, 2016
My mother went there last year. There was a church that was almost 200 years old there. It burned to the ground. So much history, wild beauty, animals and people just burned to a crisp because of two genetic rejects that should have been aborted decided to set fires. It's one thing if it were a blown transformer like they initially believed, it sucks but its just one of those things, to deliberately do something like this though is just reprehensible.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
December 17, 2016
The loss of history is just as infuriating as the loss of life. Neither of them can be replaced.soapbox cursing
December 17, 2016
crazy old crone
twocents

I heard on a TV news report that the police got a LOT of tips.

It burns me up that parents aren't held responsible along with their spawn. And no society, the parents are not punished enough by seeing their bay-bays arrested. They didn't lose a wife and two young daughters, as one man I saw being interviewed, he will never stop grieving, I doubt these mini-psychopaths and their parents will think of all the people like him for worrying how to get these two off the hook.

The man who lost his wife and two daughters forgave the spawn who set the fire because the spawn are too young to understand God's design and consequences for their actions. I wish he didn't. He shouldn't feel people would look down on him for having some hatred for two shit stains taking away three of the most valuable people in his life. He should be able to hate them without judgement.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/12/16/gatlinburg-man-who-lost-wife-2-daughters-fire-forgives-accused-teens/95516186/
December 18, 2016
beezle
The man who lost his wife and two daughters forgave the spawn who set the fire because the spawn are too young to understand God's design and consequences for their actions. I wish he didn't. He shouldn't feel people would look down on him for having some hatred for two shit stains taking away three of the most valuable people in his life. He should be able to hate them without judgement.

I agree with you. I think too often when the victims or victims' families publicly forgive the perpetrators, it's like giving the rest of the world permission not to hold the bastards responsible for what they've done. I forgive those who blunder; we all do on occasion. I don't forgive assholes.
December 19, 2016
One paper got ages. They were 15 and 17. They knew goddamn well what they were doing.

December 19, 2016
kittehpeoples
beezle

I agree with you. I think too often when the victims or victims' families publicly forgive the perpetrators, it's like giving the rest of the world permission not to hold the bastards responsible for what they've done. I forgive those who blunder; we all do on occasion. I don't forgive assholes.

I completely agree! I am sick of the media and public pressure on grieving people to "forgive" the guilty. I think it does make it more acceptable to recklessly harm or kill others, or even commit first degree murder! People who suffer this way have a right to not forgive.
December 19, 2016
crazy old crone
kittehpeoples
beezle

I completely agree! I am sick of the media and public pressure on grieving people to "forgive" the guilty. I think it does make it more acceptable to recklessly harm or kill others, or even commit first degree murder! People who suffer this way have a right to not forgive.

I think the whole "you MUST forgive" bullshit stems from the Christian right. They give a lot of lip service to forgiveness and turning the other cheek, so they expect everyone to conform to that (even when they don't).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login