Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More PTSD over a miscarriage

Posted by cfdavep 
More PTSD over a miscarriage
February 27, 2017
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/m/be8e36ab-abe6-3eeb-a222-5a0dd72d19ff/ss_lily-allen-quits-twitter.html

Some actress was on twitter and said that she now has PTSD over a miscarriage and was viciously attacked, not for trivializing the disorder as moos do for attention, but was blamed for causing the miscarriage. Once again a serious disorder is self-plastered on those who are upset or grieving
Re: More PTSD over a miscarriage
February 27, 2017
She's a singer. Maybe she will get PTSD over being trolled.
February 27, 2017
Oh boo hoo. She has 3 kids and is worth 20 million dollars. And has to fabricate PTSD because she doesn't get enough sympathy. Spoiled stupid cunt. I don't think trolling is a good idea but neither is someone like this trying to dredge up sympathy when she is better off than 99.999% of the public.
February 27, 2017
I actually used to really like Lily Allen's music but not so much anymore. At this point I think she's just trying to get attention because her brother has become so well known for his excellent work on Game of Thrones.

I wonder if she regrets writing "Alfie."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
February 27, 2017
You can't get PTSD from clump loss. You can experience many other feelings like sadness, depression, anxiety, emptiness... but certainly not post-traumatic stress disorder. The thing is, in order to have this condition, you actually need to experience something traumatic before you can claim to have it, and even then, didn't PTSD used to be called shell shock? Y'know, the thing that soldiers get after they see their comrades get shot and blown up while mines are exploding all around them? Just because the average Moo's house looks like a war zone doesn't mean she gets to claim PTSD because she had a bad day.

I realize the condition has grown to encompass more types of traumatic experiences since it was exclusively a warfare-related illness, but these cunts ought to be ashamed of themselves thinking that their late periods and dead clumps are honestly on par with someone who has survived sexual abuse, someone who watched a loved one die violently or suddenly (as in one that's already born and has a personality), someone who has been in a hostage situation, someone whose entire family died in a house fire or was killed by a nutcase or any number of genuinely traumatic experiences.

No wonder nobody takes PTSD and the veterans who have it seriously anymore. Anyone who has to be sad for longer than a fraction of a second thinks they can say they've got it. If you honestly have post-traumatic stress disorder over losing a fetus that didn't even become a sentient child, then all you really need is a swift kick in the ass for bawwwwwing over such trivial bullshit and having the gall to compare it to someone who watched their best friend get blown in half.

By no means am I saying a parent or parent-to-be isn't allowed to be depressed over the loss of a wanted child because that's a normal and healthy response to such a loss. But you need to go through some serious shit to have PTSD and losing a fetus will simply just never measure up to the level of trauma a person has to suffer to develop post-traumatic stress disorder. And you sure as fuck can't get it from people being meanie-heads online. Grow a pair, lady.
February 27, 2017
I can understand someone being sad after losing a pregnancy (though it's probably a mercy, as those fetuses are rejected by the body for a reason). Women who are sad after a miscarriage aren't grieving the loss of the actual child...they're grieving the idea of a child, or maybe the idea of themselves being that child's parent, or both. Grief is different for everyone, but someone who's all bound up in the grief of a potential person as opposed to an actual, living, breathing child...well, they need to get help so they can have a life again.

Source for this: friend of mine who (sadly) has been through both. Trust me, losing her actual, living, breathing, son was terrible. She's the one who clarified the difference for me: first time she was grieving the idea of the kid, and apparently for her that was NOTHING on losing the actual son.

She has never, ever claimed PTSD...though she's not a combat veteran, she's worked in EMS and firefighting, so she has some sense of what sets off genuine PTSD.
February 28, 2017
Having a severe medical experience can result in some type of emotional trauma. Certainly a miscarriage could qualify as a severe medical experience if you need emergency surgery in the hospital and your life is at risk. I expect it could take a while to process those feelings. I know it has taken me some time to recover mentally from extremely painful medical experiences.

But I would never call it PTSD. And if I couldn't deal with it myself, I'd seek out a professional to help me, privately. If you think the world is your therapist, your diagnosis is "attention whore".
February 28, 2017
I could be wrong, but isn't the definition for a diagnosis of PTSD based on the fact the patient's life was, at some point, in physical danger? I was wondering if I was experiencing some PTSD a few years ago, but found I didn't fit the definition - I was just really stressed.
I don't know much about it, but I doubt passing a clump puts one's life in danger.
February 28, 2017
stillwaters
I could be wrong, but isn't the definition for a diagnosis of PTSD based on the fact the patient's life was, at some point, in physical danger? I was wondering if I was experiencing some PTSD a few years ago, but found I didn't fit the definition - I was just really stressed.
I don't know much about it, but I doubt passing a clump puts one's life in danger.

Not that I want to defend armchair PTSD diagnosis, but miscarriage can be dangerous. Women do die from it. Blood loss and sepsis are two options, and there can also be an underlying factor which causes both the miscarriage and the medical crisis.
March 10, 2017
I think that the saturation of social media and attention whoring over one's problems has caused public sympathy to jump the shark.

While I understand that a miscarriage is a sad event for some, I think most people are running on empty when it comes to experiencing empathy for these kinds of incidents, particularly when there are other people going through substantially worse circumstances.

For better or worse, these sad occurances are turning into background noise for those on the immediate periphery.

I'm not inclined to use social media but I do prefer to keep my private life as private as possible. I own my own problems... and mostly because I know that other people generally don't give a shit. After all... they've got their own problems!
March 10, 2017
My mother had a miscarriage somewhere in the 1950s. She mentioned it in passing. Back then, the doctor didn't really consider a woman pregnant until 3 months gestation.
March 10, 2017
Moos today think that they have PTSD from having to stand on the bus while preggers. Women in India have to worry about gang rape on buses. The easier most people have it the more they complain when the small stuff goes wrong
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login