Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Babies who cry over being put in car seats...I have a theory

Posted by twocents 
Babies who cry over being put in car seats...I have a theory
March 23, 2017
I don't know how this could be proved.
I have seen my share of babies being strapped into car seats and 'cue the bloody crying and garbage'.
I wonder if this could be car sickness. I would almost always get carsick when I was in back seats. Short rides, I was ok, it did not have enough time to develop, but it was for an extended period of time, the nausea would start.
So, these babies are getting car sick. They cannot articulate that they are car sick at the end of a trip, but they come to associate the baby car seat with feeling sick and they react.
Just a thought.
I just have no idea how this could be proven (or disproven) short of the obvious symptom of barfing.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Re: Babies who cry over being put in car seats...I have a theory
March 23, 2017
I didn't even know this was a thing. When babies are in a car seat, they're in a car that I'm not in, so I don't hear them.
March 23, 2017
Maybe they heard about PNA's where the parents forget about them and they wind up roasting to death, and they're scared.
March 23, 2017
Admittedly I'm not familiar with this either, but maybe thats because there are so many car adverts with a duh driving around at night with the little maggot in the back, because the little bastard only sleeps when the car is moving. And so a grown man becomes a hapless man-servant to a little crotch goblin.
March 23, 2017
cfinboston
Maybe they heard about PNA's where the parents forget about them and they wind up roasting to death, and they're scared.

Good one! Heard eating some salt before going on a drive is the best way to prevent car sickness. I've been car sick a few times and it hasn't happened since eating salt.

There are bands and all kinds of things to prevent car sickness for all ages...would think after the first time there was puke an intelligent parent would seek out remedies.
March 23, 2017
I always just assumed it was because the little bastards don't want to be put down. So many Moos (it's always the Moos who do this too) think that if their loaf makes the tiniest little gurgle, it has to be held. The fucker gets so accustomed to being held constantly that it goes nuts and screams bloody murder if it's anywhere but in someone's arms. A loaf will not shrivel up and die if it's not held 24/7.

That's just the loaves. If it's older than an infant, but still needs to be in a car seat, I assume it just doesn't like being strapped to a chunk of plastic and screams for that reason.
March 24, 2017
I didn't even know this was an issue. But I have zero experience putting kids into car seats, and haven't ridden around in a vehicle with a car seat -bound kid in it.
March 24, 2017
Yep... they're strapping kyds in car seats now till they're EIGHT!!!! I can't imagine being strapped in like that when I was that age. I would have screamed too.
March 24, 2017
oh, i'm sure a lot of it is because they are spoiled little brats. but again, because I always got nauseous riding in back seats (mind you, all this car seat nonsense was not around when I was a kid) sometimes I wonder.
again , nothing we have to put up with

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
March 24, 2017
These moos today would have had hissy fits over what was considered a state of the art car seat when I was a kid...in the 50's. Need to find a picture. It was no more than a canvas thing with leg holes and a little tray on front..sometimes a little steering wheel.. and metal things that hooked it over the back of the seat.
March 24, 2017
Found one !!!

March 24, 2017
Some states require a seat for kids up to the age of THIRTEEN! Always seemed like a ploy to force the purchase of car seats to surge up to me.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see them demand my niece use one, she is 11 and over 5'9". Thinking she can hold her own as she is taller than most mature women.
March 25, 2017
I wouldn't know, I never had the privilege to ride in a car with a crotchnugget strapped down in a car seat in the back.
March 26, 2017
Car seats are not even effective at preventing injuries and death for infants and toddlers. It's strapping them in the back seat that made all the difference. But, the makers of car seats got lobbyists, so car seats became mandatory to the point where parents can't take their baby out of a hospital without purchasing one. The regulations on them changed so often that parents couldn't buy a used one. The regulations have gotten nuts to the point that parents must buy them until the kid is a pre-teen.
April 09, 2017
freya
Some states require a seat for kids up to the age of THIRTEEN! Always seemed like a ploy to force the purchase of car seats to surge up to me.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see them demand my niece use one, she is 11 and over 5'9". Thinking she can hold her own as she is taller than most mature women.

That's crazy. The other thing I've sees is once they outgrow the car seat, they now need something called a "booster seat." The car seat stuff wasn't around much when I was a kid until I got older and I started hearing about it.

The other thing I've heard is most car seats are not even installed properly so they are ineffective anyway.

JD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login