Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeders and GoFundMe

Posted by writer44 
Breeders and GoFundMe
May 09, 2017
Lately I've been noticing a lot of crowdfunding campaigns for breeders who can't pay for their medical bills. I'm all for friends and family helping out in times of crisis, but I feel like every day it's a new one filling up my FB feed and it's always someone with 5 kids they can't afford.

This one, while an extremely sad story, is a woman who was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and weeks to live so what does she do?

She goes and gets knocked up and now they're crying that they can't afford childcare while she gets treatments.

https://www.gofundme.com/mysisterslife

Am I coldhearted and dead inside, or is anyone else tired of seeing these crowdfunding things everywhere?
Re: Breeders and GoFundMe
May 09, 2017
I am with you there. Maybe my views aren't popular, but I believe people should get things they deserve i.e. things they earn, or that are gifted to them by close friends and family. Maybe I'm too young to say this, but "when I was your age" If people couldn't afford things, they didn't get them. Now, society largely seems to think that if they can't afford something, they should either ask for someone else to pay for it, scam someone into giving it to them, or steal it. I know people, {not my friends, but friends of friends} who, if they can't afford something they want they steal it. saying 'wtf' Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think you either get something because you earned it, or you don't get it at all.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
May 09, 2017
Oh, it is the old 'I'm gonna die so time to bring life onto earth and give it such a promessen start during my demise."
Wait for it...now time to beg for funds because simultaneous baybeez and cancer are expenseev! Who duv fot? What a selfish asshole!

"Your mom was dying and decided it was the perfect time to become pregnant because why not one last hurrah at the expense of a child's life? And instead of getting drunk or traveling to another country as a last hurrah making a baybee is so much of a better idea! She then died and you became a ward of the state and now the taxpayers support you. Or better yet, she guilt tripped relatives into taking care of you and they only did it out of obligation, never wanted you and passed you around to avoid inconvenience. Congrats on a great start to life!"
May 09, 2017
Begging has been made super-easy anymore. Before, you'd have to actually go sit outside all day and look pitiful in the hopes that some poor sap would give you money. Now, you can panhandle from the comfort of your home. I guarantee you anything that anybody could go on GoFundMe with a made-up sob story involving children and morons would throw money at them.

I'm truly sorry this woman has cancer, but the most irresponsible fucking thing she could do was go and add another brat to the situation when her husband is already working constantly and she's sick and weak from cancer treatments. Is it even safe to get pregnant a few months after chemotherapy? And why would she go and have a kid knowing she has a history of cancer that's rare in women? Isn't she the least bit concerned that her daughter could share her fate one day? Or doesn't she care because she'll probably be dead by the time her daughter is at risk for bladder cancer?

Crowdfunding can be a fantastic thing and people can do things with it that they couldn't do before, like getting projects off the ground financially. But everybody wants the rest of the world to subsidize every little fucking thing in their lives now, including their damn kids. If this cow couldn't afford medical treatment and childcare, she should have aborted. How could she possibly think she'd be able to be a decent mother when she's fresh off cancer treatments and is too weak to lift her infant? Her husband has to work himself to death to pay for her shit and now the kid because she probably will never be able to work again. I don't care how "miraculous" it was that she conceived, that child should have never been born because all it's done is place an unnecessary financial strain on their family (read: her husband, because he's the sole source of income in the household).
May 10, 2017
I can't imagine that CHEMO would not damage the pollywog. I mean--heck--you are now not supposed to have so much as a glass of wine or a smoke while you are in Pig. How can that even be??
May 10, 2017
Well, we can just wait for the inevitable GFM to pay for the chemobaby's special needs. The stupidity will be wrapped up in Shauna Ahern-esque purple prose and it'll be all sadness and tears in how CancerCow "bravely" brought this unnecessary child into the world while dying of a rare form of cancer and now not only will ChemoBaby never know its mother, but receiving chemo drugs in-utero has affected its development and will be a burden on its family for the rest of its life.

Like most decent ideas, GFM and Kickstarter ended up co-opted by lazy breeders looking for another avenue to avoid the responsibilities that come with the burdens of their own creation.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
May 10, 2017
Baybees are not mirakuls--they are the result of a biological function. In this case, this baybee is evidence that someone did something really stupid. I would bet they weren't using BC and they ASSumed she was not able to get pregnant because of the chemo. Why would you want to do this and endanger your life, harm this baybee you are supposed to luuuuv and not be around for your other kid?

And we are the selfish ones?
May 11, 2017
I feel bad for the first kid, the 10 year old. I bet she'll grow up forced to play mawm to the younger one and she'll resent it. I bet she's CF in the making!
May 11, 2017
contemplativeintrovert
Now, society largely seems to think that if they can't afford something, they should either ask for someone else to pay for it, scam someone into giving it to them, or steal it. I know people, {not my friends, but friends of friends} who, if they can't afford something they want they steal it. saying 'wtf'

The wife of my ex-husband's cousin was like this. Back in the days of the 1.44mb floppy disk, every time we would get a new computer program (which came on floppies) she would show up and expect to be allowed to copy the installation disks. When I pointed out to her that such actions were actually stealing, she whined that the programs cost so much that if she didn't pirate a copy off of me, she wouldn't be able to have the program at all. Oh, need I add that she had three kids? And was a SAHM? And an uber-Christian?

I told her that using her rationale, I was entitled to steal a Porsche, since I'd never be able to afford to buy it outright. The analogy didn't make a dent.
May 12, 2017
https://www.gofundme.com/mysisterslife

Is this for real, or some made up BS?

My problem with Gofundme is there have been a number of frauds using that site for their own purposes without telling the truth.

Thus I would never give to any "cause" on that site.

Just my two cents.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login