Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Snowflake Moo tells school her daughter will no longer be doing homework

Posted by Cambion 
http://people.com/human-interest/bunmi-laditan-writes-viral-essay-on-banning-homework/

The gist of this story is Moo claims her child was suffering physical symptoms due to stress from excessive homework, so she writes the kid's school a letter telling them that her daughter will no longer be doing homework for her classes because there was too much of it.

On one hand, I kind of get it. It sucks when you have a crapload of work to do all the time after you just fucking spent all day in class. I know I certainly hated homework, but what kid doesn't? On the other hand, Moo has some kind of balls to just straight up tell the school her kid won't be doing what's expected of her. That's real cute and all, but since the parents still intend to send the daughter to school, the kid is probably going to fail from not turning in any assignments. The school doesn't seem to have responded to Moo's letter either because they most likely don't intend to listen to her. Does she think that just because she threw a tantrum, her daughter's teachers will just exempt her from homework while all the other students have to do it? I hope Moo is prepared for her kid to be held back because that's what's going to fucking happen.

“I want her to know that work is not life, it’s part of life. Work will not fulfill you. It will not keep you warm — family, friends, community, giving back, and being a good person do that.”

Work can be fulfilling. Also, family and friends and being a good person won't keep you warm. Having a fucking job that you get from passing school so you can pay for heat will keep you warm. What the fuck kind of a lesson does this teach the kid? If you don't feel like doing something that's required of you, then don't do it. That's a great way to ensure your kid is a basement dweller for her entire life because she won't be able to keep a job with an attitude like that.

The more sane response would have been to discuss the amount of homework with the teachers, not just say, "My darling cherub won't be doing what you tell her to do anymore." The kid will soon decide that she doesn't have to do anything her teachers tell her to do, so Moo had better be prepared to home-school the kid.
No homework, eh? That's a great habit to form as a youngster, considering 21st century workplaces rarely expect employees to do anything beyond a 9-5 work day. hysterical laughter
Yeah, too bad this child is growing up in the digital age where the line between work and home has already blurred and will be virtually nonexistent by the time she starts her working career. Even now, it's already considered revolutionary that a workplace will avoid contacting employees via cell or email after work hours to the point that it makes the news.

Not to mention there are plenty of career tracks where you have no choice but to bring work home: lawyers, teachers, doctors, HR managers, homicide detectives, and so on.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Hell, this girl will probably grow up thinking she's much too special for something as simple as overtime, even if she finds herself in a position where she sorely needs the money. And yes, there are plenty of jobs where work doesn't necessarily stop at 5pm. Sometimes you stay late or take stuff home with you because it needs to be done. Sometimes it gets done without additional pay because, again, it just plain needs to be done.

Not to mention there are plenty of career tracks where you have no choice but to bring work home: lawyers, teachers, doctors, HR managers, homicide detectives, and so on.

True dat, but I can't honestly see the average coddled snowflake of today growing up to pursue such difficult careers, either because they're too stupid to do them or because they don't want to have to do more than the bare minimum.

Homework blows, but it's a way to ensure that students are comprehending what they learn in class and are able to figure out how to apply it outside of the classroom. Plus, I think it can help them retain that knowledge.

I would truly love to know how the school intends to handle this. Because you KNOW when the girl is getting straight F's, Moo is going to storm into the classroom or the principal's office and scream at the staff that it's their fault her darling is failing everything. I mean, you can't really force a student to do their homework at any grade level, but you can give them zeroes for all the stuff they fail to turn in. Moo should just fucking home-school her kid if she's too special for homework. If she doesn't like the way the school does shit, take the kid out of the school. Put her in public school - they probably give less homework there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login