Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Musings on my parents

Posted by golden commando 
Musings on my parents
May 26, 2017
My parents are rather interesting people. On my childfree stance, my mom once said "Good for you". She also intensely dislikes music from singers like kesha and lady gaga. You know, raunchy lyrics and such. But, she'll happily listen to "Superfreak" and "Bad Mamma Jamma". My dad thinks I might be childfree because I'm afraid I won't be able to start a family. Sorry, Pops, but I just hate parenting with a nuclear fury. It has nothing to do with fear. Not to mention that I think my Mom "nudged" my Dad into having my last set of sisters. He's joked before that "Things were perfect when it was just three(I have 5 sisters)". Now, we're not poor, but I have seen my dad worry about our spending, and it makes me a little angry that mom might have "oopsed" so she could get her big family. Granted, she'd always planned on 6 of us, but I don't think my dad was fully behind this idea. Then again,he also tells me to "shut up and nod" when your wife talks, because mom essentially ignores his input anyway. It's just sad and frustrating to see him droop when she does that.
That's why I've finally decided to live my dream of becoming an exterior auto designer! I remember one of you telling me to "hit the books"! I live near Nashville, TN so I do know of the Academy of Art online and The Art Institute of Nashville, but any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for your (and my mom's encouragement)! It finally got through!
Re: Musings on my parents
May 26, 2017
I don't really have much sympathy for people who refuse to take responsibility for their own decisions. Overall it doesn't sound like the kind of relationship I'd want, where one person gets to say and do what they want, and the other adopts a passive role of letting life happen to them.
Re: Musings on my parents
May 26, 2017
@yurble

Well, that's what's so weird about it. My dad's one of the best salesmen around, but when mom's around it's as if he has no say over his own life. It sucks. There have been several times when I walked into my parents room unnanounced, and my mom said, "Better be careful, your dad and I could have been having sex". I apologized, but I felt my inner self give a twisted smile, because I knew damn well they hadn't had sex since the last baby. Don't ask how I know, sometimes I get certain vibes, and this one pretty strong. Not to mention that one of my sisters turned into an asshole ran off came back and did the same thing again. Oh yeah, and another sister ran off, and married this backwoods neanderthal, and got infected with his parasite. And- they already have a brat (Caveman's ex-girlfriend's brat, and I mean BRAT),and they're already struggling with money. Yay!
The whole thing's fraught with misery, and I won't join it, even if I am the only guy. I'll travel, read, draw, hike, mess with old cars, but I don't give a flying fuck about the "family line" or grandbabies. Here's hoping I find a wild childfree woman.dancing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login