Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The insane state of MO and abortion

Posted by cfdavep 
The insane state of MO and abortion
June 20, 2017
https://www.yahoo.com/news/missouri-women-could-soon-disqualified-201606201.html

If I am reading this right and it is hard to. MO passed or is trying to pass a bill stating that landlords and employers will be allowed to not rent to or not hire women who have aborted or even if they have used BC. Although I can't see a landlord getting medical records, you never know. This reminds me of some bill that did not pass in Illinois, I believe, where fundies wanted the law to change so hospitals could refuse gays. Another story I read, that I can't find right down was about an ambulance driver who refused to treat a trans-woman who was in a major car accident leading to the person's death.
Re: The insane state of MO and abortion
June 20, 2017
You're reading it right. They're trying to pass it, and it's already cleared the senate. And in Missouri, it's not the least surprising. I expect it will pass, but more draconian measures will be added before it does.
June 20, 2017
I may be in the minority, but this makes me flat out laugh. All these stupid idiots who have been screaming they don't need feminism are getting ready to have the lesson of the lifetime. This is going to be awesome in a very twisted version of "The Handmaids Tale" kind of way. Maybe these stupid idiots will wake up when they are denied employment just because they're women. Just wait for single moo Bessie who constantly mooed about how she didn't need feminism because she knew her place is now told she's a sinful harlot that has no business being out in the light of day....just like they used to do in the "good old days" ha! popcorn and jerry springer sign

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
June 20, 2017
Misery really is the armpit of the nation.
June 20, 2017
Makes me wonder how they think they'd even get access to such information. Would it not be a HIPAA violation for employers or landlords or anyone other than the patient or her doctor(s) to be shown said patient's medical records? This is a state law, but from what I understand, HIPAA is nationwide.

This would mean that the woman would need to give permission for her medical history to be seen, so by this clearly well-thought out logic, an employer or landlord could refuse a woman employment or a place to live on the basis of her refusal to share her medical history because her lack of cooperation would imply that she's had an abortion, been pregnant or used birth control.

Why don't they just come out and say they want to ban all women from being independent tenants or employees and require them to get permission from their husbands to do anything? Instead of slowly chipping away at female rights/autonomy, just strap a bomb to it and blow it all up at once. Or is the slow dissolving of women's rights the political equivalent of delaying an orgasm for increased pleasure?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login