Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Parents stuffing the Little Free Libraries

Posted by cfdavep 
Parents stuffing the Little Free Libraries
July 19, 2017
We have a lot of those "Little Free Libraries" here. You take a book and give a book or take a book and give it back. They worked great for a while, until breeders found them and now are using them to jam pack them with thin sprog books. Sprogs read though these in a flash, collect a pile of them, and then breeders drop them off at these free libraries. This takes up a lot of space and others putting adult books in there do not have room. The sprog books stay where they are for a long time.

The other day I emptied one of these libraries of kid books and was going to take the whole pile to the Children's hospital, near where dh works and looked that up online. You have to drive deep into the worst part of the city to get rid of the books as people not visiting a sprog can't be in that section of the hospital and they make it clear that the books can't have "religious themes" as breeder parents will flip their shit if their cancer kid sees a Buddhist book. So I went back to the same little library and it is stuffed again with more sprog books, little room for regular books and it will probably take quite some time for it to empty out so adults can use it. So I will dump the sprog books at the kids section of the library and not do that again.
Re: Parents stuffing the Little Free Libraries
July 19, 2017
Donating to the library sounds like a good idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
July 19, 2017
I've been wondering about these little pop-up libraries. I'm looking into starting one of my own as a way to get rid of extra books I have.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
July 20, 2017
I hear that our public library is stopping accepting book donations! I know they recently ended the annual book sale with a conference room of books still there! The people staffing the sale were calling out "buy a book get 2 free--heck get as many as you want free!". People just don't want actual, paper books anymore I guess. I sure hope they don't disappear completely during the next 20 or so years (as long as I'll likely still be alive!).
July 20, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if libraries do vanish within the next 20 years, so much of their content today can be accessed online. Can see it becoming more so over the next 20 years.
July 21, 2017
If anyone sets up one of these things, they are really cool, but in the summer breeders may show up and pack it with the skinny books. We found a "Books for Africa" bin around here and got rid of them that way or libraries should take them.
July 22, 2017
That's a shame. I've thought about setting one up here, but I was afraid of exactly this sort of thing-- that it would attract breeders and their spawn.
July 22, 2017
I've seen the little library shelves before and think they're a good idea. Haven't seen the problem you mentioned, but hogging all shelf space is rude. If they have that many books that Junior has outgrown, take them to a thrift shop.
July 23, 2017
One house in our neighborhood built their Little Library dedicated to children's books. They even have a sign indicating it is only for children's books & not to put any adult reading material into it.
July 23, 2017
rosyie
One house in our neighborhood built their Little Library dedicated to children's books. They even have a sign indicating it is only for children's books & not to put any adult reading material into it.

I would make a Little Library and dedicate it to adult oriented books only and put out a sign stating "any children's books placed in here will be burned". I know that will get their knickers in a wad and I'm sure there will be a few "vigilante parents" determined to teach me my place in their version of hierarchy.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
July 23, 2017
rosyie

Time for some Nabokov & deSade....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login