Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moos and the Christmas rota eye rolling smiley

Posted by yummynotmummy 
Moos and the Christmas rota eye rolling smiley
August 17, 2017
I work part time in crisis support for adults with mental health issues. My work runs a crisis centre, a helpline, and a drop-in that's next to one of the local hospitals and aims to prevent emergency admissions. Most of us are part time because it's pretty much all night shifts, Our services are all open 365 days a year and obviously Christmas is a busy time, because it's often a shit time for people struggling with their mental health, isolated, estranged from family, etc, so we put extra staff on.

Last year, it was the same few people doing all the extra shifts and being leaned on to do emergency cover. Our CEO is CF and not much of a breeder pleaser, and she wasn't happy that some staff didn't pull their weight over the busiest three weeks of the year, so this year she's sent out an email about Christmas working (which we have to start planning for now) and said that EVERYONE needs to work two extra shifts during those three weeks plus two on call days in case of staff sickness etc and they have to give 10 available days, which must include at least one of Xmas Eve, Xmas Day, Boxing Day, NYE and NYD. It's in our contract that we can be called upon to work extra at Christmas and that we aren't allowed to book annual leave over the Christmas period, so this doesn't come as a surprise to anyone. To me it seems fair enough - everyone does two extra shifts and two days on call and everything gets covered, no dramas, no scrabbling around last minute or being short staffed. The organisation pays time and a half for extra shifts over Christmas and a retainer for on call, they have offered to pay for taxis home for staff who don't drive so people don't have to pay higher Christmas fares out of their earnings, you get a paid taxi to work if you're called in at short notice, if you're on your extra shift and it's quiet you're the first to be offered to go home early...they are literally bending over backwards to make it less shit working over Christmas. But are the moos happy?

No, of course not.

A bunch of moos and one grandmoo sent this email ccing everyone saying how the organisation was discriminating against them, how it's not fair on their family lives to be told they have to do two extra shifts when they have home commitments, they should be allowed to pick and choose their shifts according to when they can get childcare, not be told when they have to work because it creates problems for them, their children will suffer if Moo isn't home with them on Christmas Day (except we don't start work until 5pm or 7pm, so if you have young brats, there's not that much time you miss with them), how workers without families should be leaned on first to work at Christmas because they don't have the same responsibilities...it was the biggest WAAAAAH POOR MEEEEE I've ever seen. The CEO handled it brilliantly though - she shut that shit right down, saying that all workers have a right to family time and by ensuring the work is distributed equally it means that everyone gets some time off with their families over that period, including parents and non-parents, not to mention the emotional toll of working in this environment over the Christmas period, why should a few staff have to shoulder that while others get to skip it?

The best bit of it? She reminded them that there has been a lot of goodwill in previous years within the organisation amongst the workers without children or who have adult kids not living at home, etc., towards parents with younger ones, and that they may well have just shot themselves in the foot with that with their entitled attitude.

I for one won't be doing any shift swaps with anyone who signed that email, that's for sure.
Re: Moos and the Christmas rota eye rolling smiley
August 17, 2017
I like your CEO. I'm sure she's aware that the moaners are the people with the greatest entitlement who are upset about losing it, but I hope a few who previously got the short end of the stick have thanked her privately for her efforts to create a fair working environment.

I hope she will follow through by investigating any all-too timely "illnesses".
August 17, 2017
My boss was a breeder pleaser but I have heard thru some of my childed co-workers, when they are complaining about balancing their lives to him, he will say, "You don't think I should give all this work to a person w/o a child do you? Would that be fair?" It's probably the only cool CF thing I ever heard him say.
August 17, 2017
Straight up, I will be thanking her in person (always wary of writing too much down at work). Last Christmas was horrendous, I worked five shifts on the bounce including Boxing Day and being on call xmas Eve and I was exhausted as well as dealing with my first Christmas after our dog had passed a month before. There was a suspicious amount of sickness and sick brats over the holiday last year so I do hope they will be monitoring that.
August 17, 2017
I like your boss! Good on her for shutting that down. I hate the implication there, by the breeders, that family has to mean kids. If you give the work to people "without families" nobody would get any work assigned to them!

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
August 17, 2017
Might as well announce it now so they can start looking for other jobs. I'm sure the breeders are already threatening, as if anyone believes them.
August 20, 2017
I like you CEO, she doesn't believe in entitlement. It is way too rare this day and age. Usually the breeders get carte blanche and it is high time the tide turned. I've lost over two months in vacation to crappy breeders.
August 20, 2017
Well the moos whinge on...but it's falling on deaf ears. Thing is if you choose this line of work it means working unsociable hours, because who has a crisis at 10 in the morning? If the whinging breeders want to get new jobs, nobody would be more pleased than me.
August 23, 2017
Breeder Expectations
A bunch of moos and one grandmoo sent this email cc'ing everyone saying how the organisation was discriminating against them, how it's not fair on their family lives to be told they have to do two extra shifts when they have home commitments, they should be allowed to pick and choose their shifts according to when they can get childcare, not be told when they have to work because it creates problems for them

Uh huh, so it's only fair that breeders get to pick and choose their hours while those of us who don't have sprog get set hours? At a place of employment, there are scheduled hours for a reason. As an employee, you are expected to know your shifts, be punctual and do what is expected of you. If you can not do these things then they fire you.

Breeders, do you hear that? If you can not do these things then maybe you shouldn't be working.It just puts more of a burden on the rest of us who do work. Instead of covering just OUR duties, we have to come behind you and clean up your mess. It is up to YOU to find childcare that you can afford which is something you should have thought about before breeding. It's your own fault, now you can suck it up and take your entitlement and shove it up your stretched out c**t.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
August 23, 2017
What twists my panties in a knot was some Moo cunt who was in job training with me dropped out after she was given braces and a new bike because she was inpig. She acted like a unicorn farted in her face.

I dropped out too but for different reason. If I lost my Medicaid (AHCCSS in Arizona) I could die. If I went from SSI to work, that was what would have happened. In her case, she couldn't resist the dick to make a life for herself, she ruined it with a brat.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
August 24, 2017
creativelycf
now you can suck it up and take your entitlement and shove it up your stretched out c**t.

bouncing smileys
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login