Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

break up after death of baby

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
break up after death of baby
December 07, 2005
amazing how many couples break up after baby dies at birth, stillborn, or even a tad older
may be nobodies fault but they still take it out on each other..
usually it is the moo that whines and whines and whines, blames the duh (although it probably had nothing to do with him)
men grieve in their own ways and the women just don't get it..then proceed to destroy the marriage because he won't whine and whine and whine with them..
Feh
Re: break up after death of baby
December 07, 2005
Ummm...that's sort of simplistic, and I'm not even sure what your beef is about this. So what if a couple breaks up after their baby dies? Are the idiots who are foolishly grieving their spawn out shoving the corpse all up in your business? It just seems really mean spirited to lay the blame on all women when a couple breaks up after the death of their child, when I'm almost postive you've never been through it, and I know for a fact I haven't.

All sorts of awful events can help facilitate a break up, and relationships end for all sorts of stupid reasons as well. Sometimes awful events bring forth the underlying problems that were hidden in an already doomed relationship. If you think about it, many people like babies, and are really exicted when they're going to have one together. It's a big event for them, they might have actually planned for, wanted it, and probably love it just as much as we love our pets, From what I've seen, it sucks big royal donkey balls for both parents when the kid they wanted dies, I'd imagine that alot more that goes into the break up after that than "that bitch won't shut the fuck up about it". And like you said, men and women grieve differently. So it could just as easily be that the break up is just as much duh's fault for not having the patience to put up with the whining.

Then again, being child free and having made the choice to not experience this "wonderous, life changing experience" what the hell do either of us know about this? Probably not too much. It does suck to lose a pet, parent or friend, but those things suck in their own unique ways as well. That makes me guess that losing a child has it's own special suck to it which we won't ever have to expeirence.
Anonymous User
Re: break up after death of baby
December 08, 2005
mea culpa,
however, by focusing on the death and the loss, these women drive away men and ultimately delay (or end) any possibility of having another child.
there can be nothing worse than losing a child..
to have it be your be all and end all afterwards is the real tragedy, preventing any further joy... by deciding to 'try again'.
I said 'men grieve in their own way' and try to comfort the woman in their own way. too many women reject this and try to get the guy to react in the female fashion by rehashing this over and over and over and over and over and over... you get my drift..
ultimately the guy is gonna say 'chuck this' and leave.
and the woman is left alone with her grief and a lesser chance of having another kid
it is an outgrowth of normal behaviour, but for whatever reason cannot be cut off.
strikes me as counter productive... and again, usually comes from the female side of things.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.