Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What to do about screaming children on a flight, "advice" from flight attendants

Posted by lurker-derp 
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/how-airlines-parents-flight-attendants-should-handle-disruptive-kids-2018-3?r=US&IR=T

I say "advice" in quotations because said advice includes nuggets of wisdom such as:-

-ask to change seats
-use earplugs
-drink a lot of vodka
-trust the parents to handle their crotch nugget
-suck it up because there's nothing flight attendants can do
-give the breeders a break because having a kyd is so haaaaaard!
-YOU are the problem, not the shrieking brat, because you people complaining is more disruptive than the kyd screaming it's lungs out

No wonder there isn't a comment section, they'd get ripped a new one if there was!
But one reason I don't fly, or travel in general.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
That list of ridiculous reasons is why so many people don't want to fly anymore.
Yet another babby-worshipping, brat-apologist claptrap from a wannabe stewardess (take a look at the author's articles, which feature heavily on stewardesses/flight attendants).

There's no excuse for both a brat shrieking in a confined area for hours on end, and for nobody, including the over-glorified waitresses, to not do anything about it! It's their job to provide comfort for their customers, and saying it's not their problem is a massive cop-out. Furthermore, it's an OH&S issue when a brat is shrieking for hours, as their wailing is at a decibel level that can damage hearing. Unlike the isle walkers who can move to a quieter part of the plane, those stuck in seats can't. The classic example of dereliction of duty, is evidenced by these stiletto isle slags, doing nothing in this video of a demon spawn causing havok for 8 hours is downright criminal demon spawn in 8 hour flight

Nope this Rachel Gillett is damned lucky there wasn't any comments on this article, because she would have had hers torn a new one if she did.
craftyzits
But one reason I don't fly, or travel in general.

I opt to take the train whenever possible. If you don't like the conditions in one car, you can always get up and move to another car.
This is a load of crap. Baybeez shouldn't be flying for health reasons. And kids are old enough to understand the words "no" and "sit down", etc. I do agree that flight attendants shouldn't be the ones disciplining the brats, that is the 24/7 job of the moo and duh. Anyone disruptive should be kicked off the flight, regardless of age. And moos and duhs don't deserve pity or sympathy for crappy parenting.
So, that basically eliminates all brats but toadlers. And toadlers are small enough that they can sit on the lap of a parent and not be running around like some kid on crack. As far as I know it isn't against the law for a parent to restrain their child from going apeshit. Yes, they have a short attention span and may have to be told repeatedly to behave which is the responsibility of the parent. Strangers don't care that the parent is tired but they do care if the brat (or anyone at any age) is going crazy and screaming loudly for hours like some feral animal.
I've seen toadlers who were quiet and well-behaved and it is a direct reflection on their parent(s) just like screaming spastic brats are a direct reflection of the parents.
Using earplugs and drinking heavily are the closest any of that gets to advice. I generally carry earplugs with me when I travel, because they're handy. I've also used earbuds and either music, audiobooks, or podcasts to drown things out and distract me.

Honestly, though, there really isn't a solution that isn't going to piss off either the parents or the childfree. Parents now travel by plane a lot more than when I was a little kid...I didn't set foot on a plane until I was around nine.

I think taking a baby or toddler on a plane trip is kinda mean. Both age groups don't understand why their ears hurt or how to equalize them by yawning, chewing gum, etc. (not that toddlers should have gum) All they know is it hurts, and they cry because they're in pain during ascent and descent. Babies can at least stay on or near their parents. Toddlers are just not wired for it. They are all impulse, motor, and voice. And that's why I don't like them. Trapping them in an environment where they can't go outside to burn off steam...and subjecting the entire planeful of people to the results of that cramped-up toddler....is selfish and mean. Toddlers can't handle planes. They should not be on them. The end.
nokidsandhappy

There's no excuse for both a brat shrieking in a confined area for hours on end, and for nobody, including the over-glorified waitresses, to not do anything about it! It's their job to provide comfort for their customers, and saying it's not their problem is a massive cop-out.

Nope this Rachel Gillett is damned lucky there wasn't any comments on this article, because she would have had hers torn a new one if she did.

Freaking THIS!! I hate it when people say “kids will be kids,” and “it’s normal,” or, my personal favorites “get over it,” and “you’re too sensitive.” Fuck all of the breeders that have told me this. When I worked in an ice cream shop, I had one toddler scream so much I was in physical pain. I felt like my eardrum was being stabbed by a needle from the inside of my skull. Even my coworker, who loved kids and often gushes over them, answered with a “for real” when I said the kid deserved a smack. Also, it isn’t normal. There is no good reason, apart from maybe being murdered, a kid should EVER shriek like that one did. It’s shrieking because it’s breeders aren’t teaching it not to, and fuck people saying we’re “too sensitive,” um no. The breeders might have gone brain dead and numb, but the rest of us with intact hearing have a right to be pissed. And even if hypothetically the noise /weren’t/ that bad, the adults on board would still take priority over the beast. If adults are complaining beast should get the boot. They didn’t work hard to pay for 8 hours of shrieking because some dumbass parents couldn’t figure out birth control.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login