Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Documentary: Take your pills

Posted by freya 
Documentary: Take your pills
March 20, 2018
Saw this recently because I thought it was about Adderall and adults. Turns out the movie is mostly about kids and young college aged adults who either received a prescription for Adderall as a kid due to ADHD or kids who buy the pills to perform well in school or once they go out into the workplace in mostly stressful environments. Apparently there is a huge market for this.

And the older kids expressed self-pity if they weren't able to afford the medicine because the kids with wealthier parents were able to buy their kids drugs. When I was a kid we were jealous of kids who spent their summers in Europe or had nicer cars. How times change. I don't know which is more dumb, the poorer kids that are jealous of a bunch of wealthier Adderall popping kids or the dumb kids who can afford the pills for a performance advantage. Both will likely wind up addicts before they can make anything of their livesdrooling stupification

There was a professional athlete that bought Adderall but most of those kids and young adults aren't at the top of their game and certainly aren't professional athletes, world dictators, CEOs, etc. If a person has the natural ability of Lance Armstrong and Adderall would make the difference then maybe it would make sense to consider taking it. And yet so few people will ever have to face this dilemma!

Think we've had a bunch of conversations about parents medicating their kids. Most, not all kids are probably medicated simply for being children and acting like the immature people they are.

Is this "prescribe every kid Adderall mentality" fueling the opiate epidemic?

The side effects for Adderall are frightening and it is morally repugnant for doctors or parents to give this to any kid who doesn't have a real diagnosis.

I feel bad for the genuine ADHD crowd, the one drug that may help could have terrible side effects and then there is the stigma of others believing the ADHDers are conning their doctors to have a performance advantage.

It is also concerning because these addicts will mostly have kids and there is no telling what Adderall will do to the baby. I'm finding stories all over the internet of women pignant and addicted to Adderall. One takes up to 160 pills a day. Despite this, she isn't having an abortion. angrily flogging with a whip
Re: Documentary: Take your pills
March 22, 2018
One doctor tried to put me on the Adderall train. My mother didn't like the way it affected me, putting me to sleep in the family car when I normally did not do that. Mom took that bottle of pills and put it in the trash, where it was grabbed by my older sister and passed around her friends; a fact learned MUCH later.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
March 22, 2018
There is a small percentage of people who need prescription medication to function in their day-to-day lives.

Outside of that, this country is extremely overmedicated. Big pharma and big medical insurance are the two biggest rackets going right now. Americans are fed a cocktail of drug commercials on television, and that plays right into the demand at the doctor's office. The objective of big pharma is to get every American hooked on as many drugs as they possibly can.
March 23, 2018
Here's the thing about dexi's is that you can tell the genuine ADHD from the tweaker wanting to get tweaked, as genuine ADHD would calm down with dexis, whereas the tweaker would get tweaked.

ADHD was the 90's Autism de-jour diagnosis for bratty behaviour, and kids knew very well that it was a legal tweak, so they used to fake ADHD to get hold of a nice bit of legal high.

Yeah Big Pharma has a lot to answer for, but there's also the foul druggies who will do anything to get off their faces. I daily deal with so called misdiagnosed 'ADHD graduates' in my day job, that are nothing more than foul junkies, who will routinely bleat that they need dexis, as they're 'ADHD' and 'need it to get motivated', all the while doctor shopping for the same, together with benzos - to help 'relax em', and whatever Codeine/Morphine/Fentanyl/S8 drugs you can give - for their multitudes of undiagnosed aches/pains. (Ironically, this is while they gladly proclaim that Skunk, ICE, Meth, Smack etc is far better than the 'poisonous' pharmaceuticals).

I just can't wait until they find another brain-fizzing medication, that only benefits 1% of Autistics, but makes the other 99% coked out of their brains, so they crying that they too need their legal high!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login