Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Whoops! I let my CF slip show last night. blushing

Posted by mumofsixbirds 
Whoops! I let my CF slip show last night. blushing
June 05, 2018
Well, this happened to me last night. In a Dollar Tree store.

My husband took me to my GA meeting last night. I hadn't gone in a long time, and I felt it was time to go back. The meeting ran until after 8:00 pm, and I was pretty tired when I got out of there. I also had a bit of a headache. I've been suffering with low-level headaches for a few days, in my right temple and behind my right ear.

After I got out of my meeting, I wanted to quickly run into a Dollar Tree to see if I could find some materials for the dollhouse I'm building. I also needed a couple of things for the house, so I decided to browse for awhile.

When I entered the store, I could hear the most annoying sound. It was high-pitched, like a whistle. It wouldn't stop. It just kept going on and on, nonstop. It was like nails on a chalkboard. Suddenly, I see this little fucker run out of one of the aisles, blowing on this stupid dollar-store whistle. The kid was around 4 or 5 years old. It continued, but I decided to stay and finish my shopping. I don't often get to a dollar store, and figured that eventually it would stop. Well, it didn't.

That's when I let my CF slip show. I turned to my husband and said in a low voice, "If that kid doesn't quit it with that whistle, I'll nail him in the head with it." Lo and behold, I didn't realize the moo was standing a few feet away, and she turned and GLARED at me. She was massive. This woman was around six feet tall, and probably weighed around 250 pounds. She started moving in my direction, and I high-tailed it down one of the other aisles.

Shortly after that, the whistling stopped, and I was able to finish my shopping in peace.

I don't expect much when I go to dollar stores or Walmart, but I do want to get my shopping done with relative ease. I know it isn't a Tiffany jewelry store or anything, but GOD why is it that there is a complete lack of consideration for others all the time, especially where sprogs are concerned?

TBH, she must have been listening closely to me, because I said it very quietly to my husband, who was standing right next to me.

Oh well, I found some great wood-grain Mac-Tac that I can use for my dollhouse flooring.
Re: Whoops! I let my CF slip show last night. blushing
June 05, 2018
You shouldn't have run - you had nothing to be ashamed of. She was the one being inconsiderate to everyone else in the store by letting her annoying-ass biology experiment monopolize the shared space.

I highly suspect most of the "Mama Bear" bullshit you hear about is less about protecting children and more about lazy moos getting their asses called out for shitty parenting. Dollar Store Moose Moo was embarrassed by her crap behavior of allowing her spawn's crap behavior, and her primitive, beady little mind's first instinct was to protect her ego instead of correcting the situation or apologizing.

We need to bring back some modicum of public shame. It's getting to the point you can't go out to enjoy anything because people behave exactly as they would in their living rooms or backyards.

https://books.google.com/books/about/I_See_Rude_People_One_Woman_s_Battle_to.html?id=6pOPrEbVlIwC&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button
June 05, 2018
Mine was about letting my "liberal" show in Dollar Tree. Woman and similarly rednecky friend were fondling some infant caps/hats. One asks "is this a GIRL or a BOY hat? " Apparently it was for a male infant gift.I couldn't stand it and said right out--I really don't think his little nuggets will fall off if he wears a "girl hat",do you? They shot daggers at me with their eyes.It seems like the sex stereotyping has gotten worse these last few decades, instead of the progressing we had hoped for!
June 06, 2018
I do regret that I left the scene. I wasn't in the mood for a confrontation, especially since I just came out of a meeting and was suffering with a headache. Just the SIZE of her was intimidating, to say the least. I had no idea she heard me, but, oh well...serves her right.

Breeders don't seem to have respect for anything. They just think that they can let their crack monkeys run around, driving everyone crazy, and people are going to be all, "Awww, isn't that cute!" Well, I'm tired. The Village is tired. I'm tired of having problems with angry moos in public. I wrote a couple of other threads about similar issues with moos in public places, but I'm not sure how to find them. I even had one call me rude, because her feral he-spawn nearly ran me over with a shopping cart and I had a neutral look on my face. I wasn't smiling, laughing or making light of the situation. She took it as an insult! I came within inches of being mowed down, and I'm supposed to assure her that it's okay? Yeah, right.

Even us unnatural, cold, unfeminine CF women have to go shopping from time to time, and I would prefer to do it without being assaulted or treated like shit. It seems that the very fact that I'm obviously not a moo and I'm in a place where they congregate, seems to be an affront to them. Too bad, so sad. Breeders think they corner the market on being tired, exhausted, etc. etc. but they forget that other people may be dealing with illness or exhaustion themselves.

ETA: Rhetorical question, I know, but why is it that breeders don't seem to hear the loudness of their own spawn, yet they can hear someone speak quietly from several feet away? Mystery of the Universe.
June 06, 2018
reeniebessagain
Mine was about letting my "liberal" show in Dollar Tree. Woman and similarly rednecky friend were fondling some infant caps/hats. One asks "is this a GIRL or a BOY hat? " Apparently it was for a male infant gift.I couldn't stand it and said right out--I really don't think his little nuggets will fall off if he wears a "girl hat",do you? They shot daggers at me with their eyes.It seems like the sex stereotyping has gotten worse these last few decades, instead of the progressing we had hoped for!

Haha! bouncing and laughing That is hilarious! Anybody walking around without a young crotchnugget is fair game to these idiots. If you aren't burdened with a chyuld, you are the enemy. At least that's how I feel sometimes.
June 06, 2018
stillwaters
You shouldn't have run - you had nothing to be ashamed of. She was the one being inconsiderate to everyone else in the store by letting her annoying-ass biology experiment monopolize the shared space.

I highly suspect most of the "Mama Bear" bullshit you hear about is less about protecting children and more about lazy moos getting their asses called out for shitty parenting. Dollar Store Moose Moo was embarrassed by her crap behavior of allowing her spawn's crap behavior, and her primitive, beady little mind's first instinct was to protect her ego instead of correcting the situation or apologizing.

We need to bring back some modicum of public shame. It's getting to the point you can't go out to enjoy anything because people behave exactly as they would in their living rooms or backyards.

https://books.google.com/books/about/I_See_Rude_People_One_Woman_s_Battle_to.html?id=6pOPrEbVlIwC&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button

This is the reason why online shopping is taking off like a rocket.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
June 06, 2018
craftyzits

Spot on!
June 06, 2018
quiltergirl
craftyzits

Spot on!

There are some items that are simply not available without a road trip to another city. Local options may be more expensive. Why deal with that and once in the store have to deal with feral brats? We have options.
June 06, 2018
yes, my "Perfect Breeder sister" used to correct me while I was speaking in public saying "(gasping sound)---Irene LOWER your voice!". I had to practice my Miss Manners reply and the third time I whispered to her--"Please don't correct me in public again--I'm not one of your children" That did it. BTW- I am a very soft spoken person, but if in a noisy restaurant, I MAY just tune it up a notch so people can hear me! AND of course, she thought nothing at all of her kids rampaging around screaming. I used to have to go to a darkened bedroom and rest for a few minutes when visiting them!
June 07, 2018
freya
quiltergirl
craftyzits

Spot on!

There are some items that are simply not available without a road trip to another city. Local options may be more expensive. Why deal with that and once in the store have to deal with feral brats? We have options.

And some people bemoan that online retail is killing local shops. I, for one, don't care if chain shops go out of business. I feel a bit sorry for people who own shops, but I'm happy to visit ones that provide a pleasant shopping experience. For instance I prefer to buy my produce from my uncrowded local green grocer, given the alternative of facing the supermarket crush. The prices are higher but so is the quality, and the atmosphere is so much more peaceful.

Of course there are other reasons I prefer online shopping. It can be done when I have time not when the shops are open, it doesn't wear down an introvert's mental stamina for dealing with people, I have access to a wider range of goods, in Europe you get a longer trial period with online purchases, and it's a much more convenient way to acquire large items than carrying them on the bus.
June 07, 2018
How did she know you were CF? I wouldn't say your CF slip was showing.... just your common sense. I have heard a lot of chylded people complain about annoying brats. In my circle of friends most are parents (of grown kids) and they all complain about how moos now days just don't care and use public spaces as their child's playgrounds. No.. no slip showing. You just stated a fact that probably most every shopper in that store was aware of.
June 07, 2018
I guess it's because I was out late at a place with my husband which was crawling with breeders and brats, and yet I had none with me. It's true, she wouldn't really know if I have kids or not, but I imagine that between the environment, the fact that I was well dressed with my husband in the evening and didn't have shriekers made it kind of obvious that I didn't have them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login