Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Undeserving Parent

Posted by selidororous 
The Undeserving Parent
October 22, 2011
I saw this article at the NYT yesterday and thought it was worth sharing:

http://newoldage.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/20/the-undeserving-parent/?scp=1&sq=the%20undeserving%20parent&st=cse

The case study of Wendy is interesting as even though she was able to rise above the abuse (though not without some difficulty, probably) she was able to have some happiness and fulfillment in her life.
Re: The Undeserving Parent
October 22, 2011
This story reinforces my belief that when a LOT of elderly moos don't get visitors after they go to a home, there's a reason. I don't think Wendy owes her mother anything especially since she has NEVER apologized for her behavior and apparently is STILL a selfish moo-cunt. She probably would still hit her if she was able.angry smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
October 22, 2011
This article really hit home for me. Especially the question "What, if anything, does Wendy owe her now?"
The answer to that is nothing. My mother would expect me to take care of her in her old age. I did not have a choice, for the sake of my own well being and for the sake of my marriage, I had to cut her off. I hope other children of abusive parents can find thier own peace without that kind of a poisonous influence in their lives.
October 23, 2011
Thank you, for posting this article.

My S.O.'s mom is not physically abusive, but verbally and emotionally. She is a emotional vampire. My S.O. doesn't have much to do with her nor his family.

I agree, that Wendy doesn't owe her mom anything. Her mom owes her an apology.

lab mom
Anonymous User
October 23, 2011
She sounds like the kind of selfish bitch that has a kid specifically so they have someone to bully for the rest of their life.

She'd lucky Wendy didn't set fire to her years ago in a hormonal teenage rage.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login