Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"It Takes a Village?"(Moos share the fantasy)

Posted by kidlesskim 
Re: "It Takes a Village?"(Moos share the fantasy)
October 24, 2011
" "High School Mother's Helper"...you mean a baby sitter?"

or maybe this:

What a drag it is getting old
Kids are different today
I hear ev'ry mother say
Mother needs something today to calm her down
And though she's not really ill
There's a little yellow pill
She goes running for the shelter of a mother's little helper
And it helps her on her way, gets her through her busy day

Things are different today
I hear ev'ry mother say
Cooking fresh food for a husband's just a drag
So she buys an instant cake and she burns her frozen steak
And goes running for the shelter of a mother's little helper
And two help her on her way, get her through her busy day

Doctor please, some more of these
Outside the door, she took four more
What a drag it is getting old
October 24, 2011
I think it would be great if they did have their own village of like-minded people. They could segretate and go THERE. Do it like those plural marriage people and have your own fucking town. But if you are going to do that you have to let the CF have their own areas as well.

As far as neighbor helping neighbor, that went bye-bye when paruntal entitlement came into the picture. When I could have used a little help after having major surgery the only ones that offered anything were cf friends and an older lady from work. NONE of my childed co-workers said boo and they even bitched about having to help out more at work even though I returned before my leave was up. Of course you know the story when they needed to leave for Crapleigh's soccer shit. Some fucking village.
October 24, 2011
blondie
I think it would be great if they did have their own village of like-minded people. They could segretate and go THERE. Do it like those plural marriage people and have your own fucking town. But if you are going to do that you have to let the CF have their own areas as well.

As far as neighbor helping neighbor, that went bye-bye when paruntal entitlement came into the picture. When I could have used a little help after having major surgery the only ones that offered anything were cf friends and an older lady from work. NONE of my childed co-workers said boo and they even bitched about having to help out more at work even though I returned before my leave was up. Of course you know the story when they needed to leave for Crapleigh's soccer shit. Some fucking village.

This has been my experience too as a member of "the village" back when I lived in a subdivision in a suburban area. The neighborhood moos want free babysitting,"Can Shitford hang out at your house long enough for me to run to the store?", let their kids use my bathroom or ask for water, "Mama has company and doesn't want me running in and out, can I use your bathroom?", and to finance their extra curricular activities with COUNTLESS candy-cookies-merchandise purchases. The co-worker moos expect you to attend and/or host numerous baby showers, fill in and/or do extra work while they are in the whelping box, on mooternity leave, or are leaving early or missing work for kid related reasons. Friends and family moos expect free babysitting, Christmas and birthday gifts, baby showers, casseroles and other favors while they are inpig and recovering from loaf shitting, and steal your TIME via listening to endless kiddie bullshit. sleeping

However, ALL of these moos become invisible when "the village" needs anything due to illness or injury, have birthdays, deaths in the family, AND they don't want "the village" to discipline their brats either. NO THANKS. That's a village I have NO desire to become a member.:1wv

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
GaiasRevenge said:

It's true that this is how things USED to be. It also used to be that if anyone in the village had a problem with unruly, brattish or disrespectful behaviour, any villager could clout the brat round the ear, drag it home to the parent, where it'd get another clout from Mum and then yet another from Dad later.

You can't ask the village to help you out if you won't help the village.

Stop your brats throwing stones at folk's windows.
Tell your brats that old peoples bungalows are NOT play areas.

Check this out.

From 1996:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/1996/nov/18/village-does-have-a-role-in-childrearing/

(Dr. John Rosemond)

Q. Do you believe, as many people are saying these days, that it takes a village to raise a child?

A. Yes, and absolutely not.

There are two meanings to this African proverb: the original meaning and the slippery meaning. The former refers to the undeniable fact that children are best off when every adult member of the community is of one mind concerning their upbringing and are willing to pitch in concerning their best interests - when parents, teachers, neighbors, shopkeepers, law-enforcement officials, clergy, service-providers and so on and so forth share the same basic attitude toward children, model the same values to children properly.

As I write these words, I feel nostalgic because that describes the way things were when I was a child. If, for example, I misbehaved at the neighborhood grocery, the grocer would reprimand me, then he would call my mother and let her know what I’d done and how he had handled it. She would accept his word without question, apologize for my behavior, thank him for his actions and follow through on them when I arrived home. For reasons such as this, the children of my generation knew the eyes of the “village” were upon them, and this knowledge kept us in check.

Unfortunately, all too many of today’s parents have a “fortress” attitude toward the rearing of kids. Their children are THEIR CHILDREN and accursed be anyone who “interferes,” no matter their motive. Today, if the neighborhood shopkeeper disciplines a child, he’s not thanked for his trouble, he’s sued. The “village” contributed immeasurably to children’s respect for adults. The “fortress” accomplishes exactly the opposite. And when children are prevented from developing respect for adults, they are also prevented from developing respect for anyone else, including themselves. So, yes, I think we need to restore the “village” where the upbringing of children is concerned.

The slippery meaning of “it takes a village’ refers to the idea that government should take a more active role in “helping” parents rear children. Accordingly, government should provide “assistance” to families in the form of programs and services, thus absorbing much of the responsibility of childbearing and making parents’ jobs that much easier. The programs and serivces in question include subsidized day care, parent education programs, professional in-home support, and so on.

Sound good? It’s supposed to. I fear, however, that this idea - however, well-motivated its proponents - will lead to government interference in childrearing matters, the undermining of parental authority over children and discretion when it comes to their upbringing, and the eventual destruction of family autonomy.

Over the course of the last 30 years, the American family has been significantly weakened by television, divorce, drugs and “progressive” child-rearing practices that have turned the parent-child relationship upside-down.

It does not need to be further weakened, in this case by the benevolence of the state.

Ironically, however, the more American parents feel themselves to be at wits’ end, the more amenable they will likely be to “progressive” legislation that promises to lighten their loads but holds the potential of creating not the village, but a brave new world.
Anonymous User
October 24, 2011
^Cool find! I like it!
Anonymous User
October 24, 2011
in my village, children are seen and not heard.

these people are crazy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login