Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

On twitter parunts in uproar that you dont want their kids in bars.

Posted by cfuter 
On twitter parunts in uproar that you dont want their kids in bars.
September 12, 2018
Someone put up a poll on twitter regarding do kids belong in Taprooms? Actually, the kids are winning. There are actual plenty of millennial parents and non parents who like drinking w/ their friends' kids. Altho there are plenty there of that crazy crowd that think bars are actually for adults.

If you disagree w/ the parunts, evidently youre ripe for a retirement home and youre miserable.

If any of you would like to join the discussion, it is under the account "@ ChicagoBars"
Re: On twitter parunts in uproar that you dont want their kids in bars.
September 12, 2018
Kids and alcohol are never a good mix. What part of that little bit of common sense is so difficult for these LAZY, ENTITLED parents to understand? They don't want to pay for sitters, so they decide that it should be okay to bring their brats to a drinking establishment?

I guess I'm one of the old folks who belongs in a resting home because I actually remember being around tanked adults on a fairly regular basis when I was a kid, and it wasn't a good thing for me. How is it any different now, than it was back then?

I'm really looking forward to the day when parents are barred from bringing their spawn into places like bars, fine restaurants, theatres, etc.

Lurking breeders: I promise never to step foot into a McDonald's or Chuck E. Cheeze restaurant, if you promise not to bring your brats into quiet, lovely places where I like to go? Deal?
September 12, 2018
I can't believe how many people are POSITIVE regarding kids at bars. "They make the place happier" What? Goddamn things have changed. The feminization of America...And I'm a woman! I listen to new dads on the radio who have no problem their friends drag their babies to 'boys night out' and shit...how am I gonna see them? Um.... you could go to THEIR HOUSE or yard, or your house or a restaurant or whatever, why why why a traditionally adult place?????????? Or baby sitter, or tag team mom's night out and dad's night out. KEEP THE BRATS at home.
September 12, 2018
Kids are awesome in a taproom. These people are off their rockers.
September 12, 2018
I've been polite in all the convos I've been in, and these youthful tolerant people immediately go to "fuck off" and you're ugly and other outraged offensive crap. Why are these tolerant people so intolerant of a simple difference of opinion? I've been nice.
September 12, 2018
Wow, none of these parents can figure out they can socialize w/ a beer at home w/ each other, their friends and even their friend's kids.

How did bars have patrons w/o kids for centuries before this? All they care about is how great it is to have a beer once the baby falls asleep. And, one guy from the original poll told another poster to "give it up" on banning kids 100% from tap rooms. This makes no sense, a tap room serves alcohol, and often doesn't even have food or even pop or anything to do w/ non-adults, but for some reason, kids should be allowed here during certain hours??????????? A taproom is a bar....even if it closes at 11pm.

But these millennial parunts don't understand this, bc their shitty parunts allowed them to act out everywhere, now it's the norm. We predicted all this on the CF boards like 20 yrs ago.
September 12, 2018
It's the bars' loss tho, I'll drink very little and drive home, while I let husband drink, it can be a big bar tab, and a nice nice tip, but if we have a bad kid experience at a bar. We do not return. I'll stay home first. I wish parents would save for the college fund and stay home.
September 12, 2018
Put it on Twitter so the pedophiles can find the kids whose parents are drunk and inattentive.

Give it 13 or so years and then they will be bitching about bailing their brats out of jail for a DUI (again) or having to pay for Detox. A taproom isn't an amusement park but keep dragging your kids there and getting all liquored up and make them think alcohol is glamorous and for adults, great way to create an addict. Adults often are too drunk to realize their brats are grabbing sips anytime the parents look away just for a second. Or better yet, expose children to drunk adults who may try to sexually assault them if the parents look away just for a second. And no telling what other levels of debauchery take place in taprooms, depending on the place.
September 12, 2018
I hate to say it but millenial parents are the worst. I'm glad that it seems like more millenials are CF than are in my generation (Gen X) but they are the worst with naming their kyds the STUPIDEST names, and seem to think everywhere is a playground. I'm not sure if it's due to how that generation was raised - there was a lot of touchy-feely "get in touch with your inner child" bullshit in the 90s - but also I feel like they don't have the divide between parent and child that should exist. I've seen a lot of "my kyd is my best friend" and boundary-crossing "I'm my son's first luv" crap that didn't really exist before. This acceptance of brats in bars seems like an extension of all that.

ETA: Also Twitter is an unfortunate cesspool of people trying to out-woke each other.
September 13, 2018
I swear like a sailor when the situation calls for it (and sometimes when it doesn't, I'm sure)...I don't hang out in bars, but should the occasion ever arise and somebody's brought their fucking kids there, I will not curtail my sweary urges. Maybe the brats will learn some new words.
September 13, 2018
Well, bring your kids to taprooms before 8p won at 65%

The taprooms act like they are not bars becuz I 'm sure it's a legal definition. They serve what they make and not wine and spirits. Theyre not open till 2am in the morning like a bar (i have seen many bars closing earlier and earlier anyway, they say drinking is down over all.) It has a bar, you're serving alcohol. It's a bar. Why this equates a welcome mat for kids is beyond me. I bet at first they didn't even carry soda pop.
September 13, 2018
Freya....when I brought up the glamour aspect of drinking in front of kids, they said you can't hide it and make it forbidden fruit. You could also drink AT HOME and not make it forbidden fruit. People will be carrying toddlers on their backs 24/7 from the workplace to the gym to the bar from now on. Mark my words.
September 13, 2018
My sister is a singer, and was with a variety of bands over many, many years. She has some amazing stories involving drunk people. And they aren't all from the traditional seedy bars-- she was in bands that played very nice venues, and weddings, and even a high school prom once (which was hilarious for its own reasons). And there are "and then this drunk staggered onto the floor" stories from all of them (except the prom).

None of them, imo, should be things kids should be seeing their parents, their parents' friends, or even total strangers doing. Things like the guy standing on the bar masturbating and screaming, "I know I got a little dick! I know it!"

That was actually a decent place, not divey at all. Just an interesting night with the right person and the right amount of alcohol.

Call it a taproom or a pub or a bar or a dive-- if there's alcohol, somebody's going to be drunk. If somebody's drunk, chances are very high your precious kiddie is going to see something s/he shouldn't.

Fucking christ. Be responsible about your kids and quit trying to pretend you're still young and childless.
September 13, 2018
I noticed a disturbing trend at a ski area and at the zoo I used to work last year. I always thought that in a "regular" bar, you had to drink the alcohol in the actual building or an outdoor part of the building, one is not allowed to drink outside on the sidewalk or the street. But at the ski area, (perhaps because private property?) people are guzzling everywhere, outside, on the shuttle, lining up at the lift, and some are visibly "smashed". There are kids there too seeing this. It doesn't help that the food at this place is expensive and bad so people are spending on alcohol.

The zoo turned one of the previous bear exhibits into "The Beer Den" and started serving alcohol for the 1st time in history. It's more money for the food service company they have. I heard 2 much older women say "there's kids here why would they do that?" And people are guzzling and acting like assholes all through the zoo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login