Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

You're printing out pictures? You MUST be a new moo!

Posted by ondinette 
You're printing out pictures? You MUST be a new moo!
November 21, 2018
Photography is something of a hobby for me. A few months ago I decided I wanted to put a bunch of pictures from my phone in an album. I chose Walgreens to print them out because there is one close by. Since then I have also made some larger pictures to put on my walls.

Printing out pictures has somehow triggered the dark forces to start sending me baby related junk mail. Today I got something from The National Opinion Network Infant Division. They want me to fill out a new moo survey about formula use.

Almost all of my pictures are of my cats or my favorite local park. There is not a single human larva in sight anywhere. But I guess the dark forces can't see that.

To make it even more annoying, all of the junk mail has my former name which I changed in 2004. Where the fuck is that coming from? I called Walgreens and they have no clue.

It does not occur to the idiot marketing spies that somebody might have pets, or pictures of something like a vacation or wedding, or just interests which have nothing to do with sprogs. I hate how baybee-obsessed this world is. I need that head banging smiley.
Re: You're printing out pictures? You MUST be a new moo!
November 21, 2018
That's bizarre.

Though on FB, the ad engines decide that if identify as female you must want babies. I got ads for baby pageants (barf), clothing, and kid stuff, along with tons of other shit that has nothing to do with my interests, like tropical vacations, purses, jewelry, and shoes. Just out of curiosity, I removed my gender from my profile entirely. FB switched all my pronouns to they/them and all ads I got were based off actual hobbies and interests I listed on my profile (swimming, hiking, animals, camping, etc). Then I switched my profile gender back to female, installed AdBlocker and FB Purity and called it a day. So strange. Marketing always jumps straight to babies, even when they had a data mine of actual interests that I spend actual money on!

In the case of the photos, it's the same thing. They had nothing to go on, just that you printed out photos. So weird.
November 22, 2018
Ya, its marketing sexsim and chuyld-centric crap all over the place.
I had a similar problem with facebook and even youtube. On facebook I guessed too that it happened, since I have given the gender as female in the profile. Luckily I could clear all the maggot-ads away, cause at that time (must have been about 2 years ago) facebook had sort of a "rating system" for ads with different feedback choices, where I then chose "don't show any more of such content" and the reason "this ad is offensive to me" grinning smiley Since then, my facebook was clear of that rubbish, with only regular ads remaining.
With youtube it was rather preculiar. I dont have any google account, but the chuyld ads started showing after I discovered childfree (!) sites on the internet. So I guess whatever 'marketing AI' was choosing the ads, it went haywire as soon as someone googled something even staring with "child...", even if that search term ended with "...free". LOL.
Needless to say, the ads were pretty cringeworthy, containing everything from excessively loud audio of babbie-babble to a raspy moo-voice talking bullshit. Phew! All hail adblock! So that issue was solved too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom & Art & Music >>>>>>>>>> human spawn

"Music is immortal. People are not."
-William Anger, "King's Story" - Thief2 FM by Zontik
November 22, 2018
I used to get ads for kid stuff, which was probably based on woman + over 35, but now they've factored in "doesn't search for kid stuff" to bingo me with IVF ads.
November 22, 2018
Oddly enough I don't have much trouble with kid related ads online. I have an ad blocker, and I do spend money on stereotypical female things like clothes and jewelry. I don't do much on Facebook. I have a very minimal profile with my first and middle names and occasionally lurk on a couple of music fan sites and a cat shelter page. I do have a Google account, have my music and pictures on Google, and sometimes watch Youtube videos. They seem to know I have no interest in kids.

The picture thing is bizarre. Getting stuff with my old name is just as annoying as getting baybee related stuff. I legally changed it in 2004 and have not used it at all since. I looked around the Walgreens site and they only have my new name.I wish the marketing spies would just go the fuck away.
November 22, 2018
randomcfchick
Marketing always jumps straight to babies, even when they had a data mine of actual interests that I spend actual money on!

Companies spend such a fortune on market research, yet they're willing to bypass the sure thing of ads targeted to your stated interests in favor of throwing a baby in front of you and seeing if it triggers anything...if anybody thinks the world isn't breeder-centric, that should convince them. Geez.
November 22, 2018
I think a lot of this baby shit you are dealing with is due to the powers that be spazzing out over the falling birth rate of the United States. Americans just aren't into having more than two or three brats. Americans are having the brats later in life.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
November 25, 2018
Baby sell and the damn cult worship of gonads

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
November 25, 2018
I also think that the company is ASSuming that you are a new moo, because they get out of control with taking pics of their loaves. I mean, some moos take thousands of them. They probably figured because you're female, you MUST be a new moo.

It's a marketing tactic. They probably figure they can get the most money out of breeders, and since breeders are in the majority, you MUST be one statistically.

I'm kind of astonished that they would do that to you, though, since any photos you would have had processed would obviously not be loaf pics.
November 25, 2018
kittehpeoples
randomcfchick
Marketing always jumps straight to babies, even when they had a data mine of actual interests that I spend actual money on!

Companies spend such a fortune on market research, yet they're willing to bypass the sure thing of ads targeted to your stated interests in favor of throwing a baby in front of you and seeing if it triggers anything...if anybody thinks the world isn't breeder-centric, that should convince them. Geez.

EXACTLY. There's a list of my hobbies, interests, favorite music, etc. And it's RIGHT THERE in my FB info, which they're free to mine. Nothing there indicates I'm interested in babies. Or shopping, jewelry, and purses. So laughably dumb.

And yes, all hail AdBlocker.

The latest update of FB Purity also has developed a reasonably good filter for photo content, where you can tell it to remove photos of food, babies, animals, whatever....so I have it set to pull baby photos from my newsfeed. Granted, my friends are past the baby-having stage so it's not so bad. But it's pretty cool that they've developed that.
November 25, 2018
I would bet most photos taken and printed are of brats, excluding the professional photographers.

I once made the mistake of buying a local photography book by local artists. Approximately 50% of the photos in it were of people's brats, spouses or pets. Most of the other work was very good but not good enough for me to keep the book. And supposedly exceptional work only was published. There were also a few photos where the husband decided his wife had the looks of a famous actor/model, because so many women do. Several shoot their wife pregnant and in various stages of nudity or in a bathing suit on the beach where he bragged in the caption about their last vacation spot and it being his wife. But there weren't any shots of the wives covered with human waste, giving up and chopping all her hair off. Just eww.
November 26, 2018
mumofsixbirds
I'm kind of astonished that they would do that to you, though, since any photos you would have had processed would obviously not be loaf pics.

I expect only the meta data is involved - that photos were printed - not data of what the photos were. I doubt anyone looks at pictures that are printed these days, now that bored teenagers are no longer involved in feeding the negatives into a machine and putting the photos in an envelope.
November 26, 2018
yurble
mumofsixbirds

I expect only the meta data is involved - that photos were printed - not data of what the photos were. I doubt anyone looks at pictures that are printed these days, now that bored teenagers are no longer involved in feeding the negatives into a machine and putting the photos in an envelope.

Ahh...thanks for the info. I guess I'm a bit of a fossil where it comes to some aspects of technology. I don't even have a cell phone. I use a digital camera for my photographs, and upload them into my computer.
November 27, 2018
mumof6--I dont have a cell either, nor does my hub. I used to have a work-issued one, but once I quit I didnt bother w/ a new one. I talk on phone when I talk on the phone, and not when I'm walking, driving around etc. Everyone is ...but 'what if there's an emergency?!?!?" There basically are no emergencies. Then you can always find a phone most of the time. I also have my digital camera too.

But the bored teens do take the pic outta the machine, they *could* view them if they wished but they probably don't bother. But even if they did...they dont run to a Walgreens computer and put in data that says "kid pics" or "pet pics" so the marketing dept can then issue kid or pet emails and ads. All the ads even regarding photos on the walgreens site are always about kids, becuz if youre not documenting a kid's life, why in the world would you take a pic???
November 27, 2018
Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one. My husband has a work-issued cell as well, but it's some kind of Iphone, and I don't even like to touch it. I'm afraid that I'll do something to it.

I'm planning on going on a trip next year, and I may inquire about a cheap phone with a bare-bones plan, just because I'd want to stay in touch with anyone who is babysitting my pet birds. Other than that, I have no use for it.

I've seen people literally walk into light poles in the city, because they can't take their eyes off their damned phones. I live near Vancouver BC, and it's a gorgeous city! When my husband and I go out on a drive, I usually just take my digital camera and maybe a book for long rides, because I enjoy relaxing and watching the scenery.

I think that a lot of people who are hooked on their phones, miss out on a lot of interesting things that are happening around them. It's a shame.
November 27, 2018
mumofsixbirds
Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one. My husband has a work-issued cell as well, but it's some kind of Iphone, and I don't even like to touch it. I'm afraid that I'll do something to it.

I'm planning on going on a trip next year, and I may inquire about a cheap phone with a bare-bones plan, just because I'd want to stay in touch with anyone who is babysitting my pet birds. Other than that, I have no use for it.

I've seen people literally walk into light poles in the city, because they can't take their eyes off their damned phones. I live near Vancouver BC, and it's a gorgeous city! When my husband and I go out on a drive, I usually just take my digital camera and maybe a book for long rides, because I enjoy relaxing and watching the scenery.

I think that a lot of people who are hooked on their phones, miss out on a lot of interesting things that are happening around them. It's a shame.

If my phone comes out of my purse it is because it is being used as a camera. I have a nice autofocus camera on my LG Volt 2. I do admit to using it in doctor's offices when I'm BORED STIFF and working to ignore brats. Then I am Internet surfing.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
November 28, 2018
I also don't keep up with the latest technology. I only change things when I need to. Recently I had to get a new cell phone, so I chose one of the cheap ones with a good camera on the Virgin Mobile website. I only use my cell phone on the days I go out and usually don't make calls. If I'm staying home I don't even turn it on most of the time. I don't understand people who are glued to their phone constantly.

If I wasn't chronically ill I would get a real camera and learn how to take professional pictures. It's almost impossible to make a living at anything creative, but it would be a nice hobby. I do get some pretty cool pictures with the cell phone. I just look for things that are both attractive and interesting.

Cfuter, you are right about all the pictures on the Walgreens website being kid pictures. That probably is what most people take pictures of. It's just super frustrating to be lumped in with the breeders because of an activity I enjoy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login