Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Well.. Happy Holidays... and an update on the nephew drama.

Posted by starlady 
Well.. Happy Holidays... and an update on the nephew drama.
December 27, 2018
Hello everyone!
I know I have not been around much lately. I've been reading but not having too much to add so I was just enjoying the posts.. and reading a few to my hubby who thinks you guys rock. LOL

Okay.. now.. many of you remember the Nephew and Harpitina and their kyd.. we will call her...... hypertina since I think she will eventually be the poster child for ADHD sometime in the future. She's more active than my 9 month old puppy!!

Anyhow...hypertina is 2 now. (OMG) Against my better judgement... we had the three of them here for Christmas eve. I had appitizers out when they arrived. Well... first thing harpitina did was tell us that kyd had been eating chicken nuggets and french-fries on her way over to the house. Yet.. her hands were into the caramel corn almost immediately. (which is why I gave them all the corn leftovers to take with them when they left) Harpitina was feeding her dip and crackers. Yep... Harpi is a LARGE woman and Hyper is on the same track.

Appitizers finished... we went to open gifts. Harpi just sat in front of the tree with the kyd... didn't even ASK if the kyd was allowed to distribute gifts.. and just started throwing them around. I did raise my hands and yell 'STOP' at that point. I explained that we like to open one gift at a time to see what each person got. Well... that didn't work. I admit that I should have just started giving the gifts out myself at that point but I thought she would get the message. That woman is so rude. She unwrapped things we gave her and ... no reaction.. just threw them on the chair behind her and would NOT stop the kyd from tearing into everyone's gifts... or at least throwing them to whoever they belonged to. It all happened so fast that.. it was over before I knew it. It should have taken us a nice relaxing 2 hours to open that stuff. Instead it took only 30 minutes at most. That is what I enjoy most.. when I see people open things I have given them. Nephew tried to be appreciative... but she basically ignored all I gave her (and it was clothing, jewelry and a nice purse) All because Hypertina wanted to give out gifts.... not in her own home .... and never asked ME if it was okay to do so. If I had not been on one of my suppliments I take for my nerves I may have really lost it.

After that.... I started working like crazy in the kitchen to get dinner on. Did harpi (or nephew) ask if they could help. NO WAY! Harpi had Hyper up to the appitizers again at the kitchen island and trying to feed the 'fussing' sprog more crackers, dip and carmel corn, Then she said "Oh she's so hungry she needs dinner"

So we were not supposed to eat till my husband made his 'santa walk' up our cul-de-sac to give some cookies to our neighbors. Well... I had to throw the rolls in the oven and put the salad on the table right away so Hypertina could eat.... as did her fatass moo and... they guys ofcorse.

We went on the walk and came back. I still had the steaks and shrimp to grill. Any offer of
help? No way. Had to keep Hypertina under control... as she took one of my orniments off the window and stuffed it down the heat vent beside the kitchen table. I did make the moo go dig it out. Instead of telling the crotch nugget NOT to do that anymore... she just closed the vent... and it began to get cold in the room.

Dinner over... they waited at the table as hubby and I cleaned up. She never offers to do a damn thing. Just sits on her butt and shoves food into the kyd or lets her throw gifts I took so much time with ..all over the room.

So I am still fuming over that... and determined that they will not be invited here next year. So many times I wanted to tell that bitch off but hubby held me back. So I needed to vent somewhere. I am sure there is more I forgot and will remember over the next few days but that is the main part of it. It was awful.

I did get a new car for Christmas... the next day.... so I will now be thankful for that. Still it is hard to forget rude guests. I know.. I know.. my own fault for having them here. I am just too nice sometimes. They were here last year it things went well... but now that the kyd is 2 and the moo is even more spoiled... it only gets worse. If they have another one........Oh I don't want to think about it.

Thanks for reading my vent. Happy New Year to all
Re: Well.. Happy Holidays... and an update on the nephew drama.
December 27, 2018
Ugh, Harpi sounds awful. I've come to learn that toadlers are just naturally destructive, but it's up to the parent to watch them and make sure they don't damage things in other people's houses.

I've entertained parents with their kids in my house a couple of times, but it was a mistake. Even after moving all of my breakable things and my pets into another room and shutting the door, it was a nightmare, and I was a nervous wreck by the end of it. I had to offer reminders to the parents that the furniture wasn't for jumping on, and the doors weren't for slamming...including a french door in my house that was nearly shattered. The piano isn't for banging on, toys aren't for throwing around in my house, etc. etc. The list goes on.

I've decided that unless the kid is very well behaved and old enough to understand that they can't act like that in my house, they can't come back.

My house is parrot-proofed, but not kid-proofed for obvious reasons. I will NOT childproof my house under any circumstances. Even moving my stuff into the office and shutting the door wasn't nearly enough. That's as far as I have ever went, or ever will go.

So, no kids in my house. That's absolutely awesome by me.
December 27, 2018
mumofsixbirds
Ugh, Harpi sounds awful. I've come to learn that toadlers are just naturally destructive, but it's up to the parent to watch them and make sure they don't damage things in other people's houses.

I've entertained parents with their kids in my house a couple of times, but it was a mistake. Even after moving all of my breakable things and my pets into another room and shutting the door, it was a nightmare, and I was a nervous wreck by the end of it. I had to offer reminders to the parents that the furniture wasn't for jumping on, and the doors weren't for slamming...including a french door in my house that was nearly shattered. The piano isn't for banging on, toys aren't for throwing around in my house, etc. etc. The list goes on.

I've decided that unless the kid is very well behaved and old enough to understand that they can't act like that in my house, they can't come back.

My house is parrot-proofed, but not kid-proofed for obvious reasons. I will NOT childproof my house under any circumstances. Even moving my stuff into the office and shutting the door wasn't nearly enough. That's as far as I have ever went, or ever will go.

So, no kids in my house. That's absolutely awesome by me.

Heres how to child proof: have furniture with lots of sharp corners and edges, open outlets, open medicine bottels and tide pods left about, and dont forget to leave plenty of glass and sharp objects around.

That is how we proof the world of children winking smiley
December 27, 2018
How to childproof your house in one easy step: before the child arrives, lock the doors and close the windows. Do not open them under any circumstances as long as the child is still in range.
December 27, 2018
Ugh. Harpi is still her same old self. Her conduct is disappointing, but not surprising. That kid is going to be horrible.

Was the nephew over there with them? Did he say a peep the whole time?

Yeah, clearly they don't belong in your house. Well, lesson learned.

I'd avoid gift exchanges of any kind in the future...birthdays, Christmas, whatever. Just by virtue of being an adult, Harpi is beyond the grace period extended for learning the social niceties of gift exchange. Do not waste any more gifts on her. Hyper is still within that learning period, but prospects for that are grim as well. Harpi likely won't teach her kid "please" and "thank you", let alone the fact that gifts are a bonus and cannot be demanded.
December 27, 2018
Wow, what a bunch of assholes. I'm sorry you had to put up with their shenanigans during an already stressful time of year. Yes, toddlers are hyper and might not be able to help how they behave, but it's up to the parents to control them and they can stop that shit because they know better (or they should) because they're the adults. Sounds like discipline and structure aren't really Moo's forte when it comes to parenting, so the kid is a shit. I'd wager that Moo figured she could just suspend any parental responsibility since she wasn't in her own home, kinda like how parents will just turn their kids loose in a restaurant for everyone else to deal with and pretend they don't have kids. Lookit all these other things that Hypertina can ruin that aren't mine! Have at it, kiddo!

Sounds like she's well on her way to turning the kid into a lardass. There's no way a kid that age is so hungry that it needs to eat that much food in the span of a few hours. Chicken, fries, chips, dip and caramel corn would be nearly enough food for me in a day and I'm a 240-pound fully-grown fatass. She's teaching this kid to just eat all the time instead of when she's actually hungry, which is gonna pack pounds on her in a big hurry. Moo sounds like a real piece of work too. She couldn't even feign interest in her gifts? She sounds like a real entitle-Moo. Even if it was stuff she didn't care for, some kind of reaction would have been nice. Did she even say thanks for her gifts? I don't care if someone gives me a pile of dog shit in a box as a gift, I say thank you because they thought of me enough to give me something.

And I'm sure next year, they'll be wondering why they can't go to Aunt Starlady's house because Hypertina had such a wonderful time.
I feel so damn sorry for you about the spoilt party... these people sound like full-on trash.
Both lardmoo and lardturdling-in-making.
Just stay strong and don't invite such suckers anymore, and don't bother yourself and your hard-earned money wasting gifts on their wasteful arses.
Being nice, fair enough, but I doubt it's worth it with such trashy people. And family or not, it doesn't entitle people to anything. Asshole is asshole, related or not.
Excluding such wastebreeders from the personal space saves energy, nerves, money and time.

Wish you a nice New Year and a good time, far away from such wastes of space.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom & Art & Music >>>>>>>>>> human spawn

"Music is immortal. People are not."
-William Anger, "King's Story" - Thief2 FM by Zontik
December 28, 2018
Yes, nephew was there but he was not doing much parenting. It was like the moo wouldn't let him. While she is around... his parenting is not necessary. (in her mind_ Yet, he it with Hypertina a lot while her moo is working. (she is on a second shift job and he is on a third) . I have done a bit of thought on some of this. (shouldn't waste brain cells on it.. but I am thinking as an observer here) Okay... so... I have heard Nephew over the phone when he is alone with the kid. When he speaks to her he has a lower, firmer voice. Voice of authority kind of thing. Moo has this annoying high pitched voice...not just a speaking to a kid voice.. but ALL THE TIME. When she speaks to the kid... she kind of laughs and goes on doing whatever she wants. Its such a high voice that I sometimes can't understand her. So, I find that when moo and Nephew are both with Hypertina… she always cries for moomie. I have never heard her cry for Duhdy. Reason... I am figuring.... Duh speaks lower and with more discipline.... Moomie in her high pitched sqeek which the kid finds funny... AND.... Moomie is the one who is constantly feeding the brat.
Does this make sense?
Hypertina was standing near me in the kitchen while I was opening the oven and trying to get dinner on. Moo said in her high voice "Hyper, don't bother Aunt Starlady"
Kid just laughed.
I looked at kid and said.. not in a mean voice, but in my naturally lower and more stern voice... "Get away or you'll get hurt"
Kid went straight to the family room...to moomie for comfort.
I am wondering if we were to have the Nephew and Hyper down here with out Harpi if things would be different. But.. she would not allow that. We tried already asking that already. I do like my nephew but we will just have to limit these gatherings to public areas. We met them at Gettysburg back in October. Spent the day together sightseeing and the kyd was fine. Even went out to dinner and she was pretty well behaved in the restaurant. Yep.. public areas only.... if ever.
December 28, 2018
Sounds awful Starlady. I feel your pain!
I had a two-year-old to contend with this Christmas too. Christmas day was an exhausting noisy disaster that I never want to repeat.
They visited again a few hours ago and the same two-year-old broke my glass of wine which I then had to clean up.
Parents didn't bat an eyelid let alone say sorry. Have a quiet holiday next year if you can...it's really not worth the stress.
December 28, 2018
Hypertina sounds very controlling and has serious boundary issues. Feel bad for the kid, sounds like she is being seriously overfed all the time which is a form of abuse. It is a shame because it sounds as if nephew didn't talk much and he is the main one you'd likely want to visit. Hope you are having a great holiday despite her and the visit. Congratulations on the new car and thanks for the holiday wishes.
December 30, 2018
The thing with how each parent handles discipline is something I've actually noticed with other parents. I think it's because they see Moo as a big pushover, but since Duhs are often not quite as invested and usually have deeper and more firm-sounding voices, kids are more inclined to listen to Duh while continuing to ignore Moo. I don't know if it's a gender thing or not, but it sounds like the Moo in this case is just a control freak who thinks only mothers know how to deal with kids and doesn't want her holy mommy status called into question by having her kid listen to her father instead of her. And they insist on talking to their kids in that saccharine squeaky voice like they're talking to a retarded dog, then they wonder why the kids don't pay them any mind. Even kids know not to take such shit seriously.

Not to mention if she's shoveling lots of sugar into the kid, that's most likely contributing to the hyper asshole behavior too.

I'm sorry you have to limit your interaction with them just because of the Moo's shit parenting (and the kid's shit by proxy behavior), but it's either that or risk having your home look like a cyclone hit it because Moo can't be arsed to do her job.
January 08, 2019
starlady
Hello everyone!
I know I have not been around much lately. I've been reading but not having too much to add so I was just enjoying the posts.. and reading a few to my hubby who thinks you guys rock. LOL

Okay.. now.. many of you remember the Nephew and Harpitina and their kyd.. we will call her...... hypertina since I think she will eventually be the poster child for ADHD sometime in the future. She's more active than my 9 month old puppy!!

Anyhow...hypertina is 2 now. (OMG) Against my better judgement... we had the three of them here for Christmas eve. I had appitizers out when they arrived. Well... first thing harpitina did was tell us that kyd had been eating chicken nuggets and french-fries on her way over to the house. Yet.. her hands were into the caramel corn almost immediately. (which is why I gave them all the corn leftovers to take with them when they left) Harpitina was feeding her dip and crackers. Yep... Harpi is a LARGE woman and Hyper is on the same track.

Appitizers finished... we went to open gifts. Harpi just sat in front of the tree with the kyd... didn't even ASK if the kyd was allowed to distribute gifts.. and just started throwing them around. I did raise my hands and yell 'STOP' at that point. I explained that we like to open one gift at a time to see what each person got. Well... that didn't work. I admit that I should have just started giving the gifts out myself at that point but I thought she would get the message. That woman is so rude. She unwrapped things we gave her and ... no reaction.. just threw them on the chair behind her and would NOT stop the kyd from tearing into everyone's gifts... or at least throwing them to whoever they belonged to. It all happened so fast that.. it was over before I knew it. It should have taken us a nice relaxing 2 hours to open that stuff. Instead it took only 30 minutes at most. That is what I enjoy most.. when I see people open things I have given them. Nephew tried to be appreciative... but she basically ignored all I gave her (and it was clothing, jewelry and a nice purse) All because Hypertina wanted to give out gifts.... not in her own home .... and never asked ME if it was okay to do so. If I had not been on one of my suppliments I take for my nerves I may have really lost it.

After that.... I started working like crazy in the kitchen to get dinner on. Did harpi (or nephew) ask if they could help. NO WAY! Harpi had Hyper up to the appitizers again at the kitchen island and trying to feed the 'fussing' sprog more crackers, dip and carmel corn, Then she said "Oh she's so hungry she needs dinner"

So we were not supposed to eat till my husband made his 'santa walk' up our cul-de-sac to give some cookies to our neighbors. Well... I had to throw the rolls in the oven and put the salad on the table right away so Hypertina could eat.... as did her fatass moo and... they guys ofcorse.

We went on the walk and came back. I still had the steaks and shrimp to grill. Any offer of
help? No way. Had to keep Hypertina under control... as she took one of my orniments off the window and stuffed it down the heat vent beside the kitchen table. I did make the moo go dig it out. Instead of telling the crotch nugget NOT to do that anymore... she just closed the vent... and it began to get cold in the room.

Dinner over... they waited at the table as hubby and I cleaned up. She never offers to do a damn thing. Just sits on her butt and shoves food into the kyd or lets her throw gifts I took so much time with ..all over the room.

So I am still fuming over that... and determined that they will not be invited here next year. So many times I wanted to tell that bitch off but hubby held me back. So I needed to vent somewhere. I am sure there is more I forgot and will remember over the next few days but that is the main part of it. It was awful.

I did get a new car for Christmas... the next day.... so I will now be thankful for that. Still it is hard to forget rude guests. I know.. I know.. my own fault for having them here. I am just too nice sometimes. They were here last year it things went well... but now that the kyd is 2 and the moo is even more spoiled... it only gets worse. If they have another one........Oh I don't want to think about it.

Thanks for reading my vent. Happy New Year to all

I would give nephew half a pass because he probably wanted to keep Hyper under control.

I can't speak for Hyper's mother, but I know that even though I look perfectly healthy if fat I am in fact in constant pain from Fibromyalgia. I can't even wear shoes. Chances are Harpi has it. If she doesn't, she's just a bitch.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 10, 2019
she doesn't seem in constant pain to me. She's a nurse and very active while working.. but just a lazy slouch while home.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login