Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo gets $1.5M payout for not getting to titfeed

Posted by cfinboston 
Moo gets $1.5M payout for not getting to titfeed
February 12, 2019
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/02/11/delaware-woman-1-5-million-breastfeeding-discrimination-case/2841371002/

Maybe don't have a kid you can't afford?
Re: Moo gets $1.5M payout for not getting to titfeed
February 12, 2019
I also want to understand how she expected to train for a new job while pumping every 4 hours.
February 12, 2019
She chose to have a kid, not her employer, so she has to figure out an udder-pumping schedule on her own. Not that I'd be caught dead eating the slop at a KFC/Taco Bell, but I sure as fuck wouldn't be eating there if I knew someone was milking themselves on the job and then handling the food. It's not discrimination to expect her to do the job she was hired to do instead of milking herself whenever she felt like it.

Story
A jury agreed with the gender discrimination and harassment claims outlined in the lawsuit, which argued that discrimination during Lampkins' employment at the fast-food restaurants in Camden and Dover make it difficult for Lampkins to pump breast milk as often as needed.

So she pulled the same shit at other restaurants too. It's not fucking discrimination or a hostile work environment to expect an employee to do their damn job! Someone tell me why she couldn't pump at home or on her break? I'm guessing she sat around pumping on the clock. They weren't "discriminating" against her for trying to breastfeed - they just didn't want her doing anything except her actual JOB. I know, I know, Mooooooing is the most important job, but that doesn't mean you get to blow off real work and still get paid for it.

Story
"It's a great day for women's rights," Gallagher said. "The jury sent a message that employers cannot treat lactating women differently in the workplace."

No, but they should be able to chew out employees who aren't working, lactation or not. They might call it a great day for women's rights, but I call it chipping away at female employees' credibility a little more. If employers now have to worry about being sued for not letting female employees pump their tits, they'll probably be less likely to hire women in general on the off chance they're pregnant, going to get pregnant, or already have kids.
February 12, 2019
Precisely. It's not like she was a current employee with a proven track record of good work and value to the company. She literally expected to pump every two hours during training. What's the trainer supposed to do? Twiddle his or her thumbs while moo milks herself?
February 13, 2019
Holy smokes you guys.
I dont wanna live on this planet anymore!
Beefing? On the job? In a fucking food place?? AND getting REWARDED with big cash for it in the name of "feminism"?!
I bet that cow was even targeting at the cash to finance her TMIJINW all along. Fuck. I bet it was all a setup, her whipping her goddamn tits out where other people fucking eat.
Its a disgrace. I have no fucking words. Makes me ashamed to be a woman. And ashamed of any future job interviews.

The problem, as Cambion already said - bosses suspecting me, as the unfortunate owner of a fucking uterus, to be such a trashass breeder - plus the additional problem: If I declare myself as CF infront of the employer, I'll get fucked too, since 99% of these assholes are pronatalists and / or breeders with kewwwtTM photos of their fambleeey on their goddamn desks, and the attitude that a job is only a way to finance Everything For The ChyldrunnnnTM, being seemingly completely oblivious of the fact that we childfree folk also wanna pay our bills.
Somehow I also have the notion that that second problem is also coupled to the sexist remnant of the last centuries, making employers favor men for the good jobs so they can breed and be ProvidersTM, screwing CF female's careers up in the process.
Lose-lose for female people like us.

Fuck the world.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom & Art & Music >>>>>>>>>> human spawn

"Music is immortal. People are not."
-William Anger, "King's Story" - Thief2 FM by Zontik
February 14, 2019
Well, I honestly have to say this does nothing for women's rights. This has to do with moo getting a hefty payout (way too hefty for my liking) for not being given free reign to pump her nasty udders in a place that serves food. From what I understand, she was only a trainee? This will backfire on women in the long run, because no employer will want this to happen to them. They will simply avoid hiring women could potentially sluice, making it that much more difficult for us to get jobs.

The fact that she was doing this in a restaurant? Don't even get me started. That's just too disgusting for me to even wrap my head around.

I guess now that she's had what equals a financial windfall, she'll go off and raise her brats and never work again. Or, she'll blow through the money really quickly, and find herself in the same place she was initially.

This is not a win for women. This may be considered a win for moos, but not women in general.
February 14, 2019
There are a couple of things I don't understand about this in regard to legality.

1. discrimination: Back when I was in school, under the law it was acceptable to discriminate against people if the matter in question is a BONAFIDE JOB REQUIREMENT. For example, if the job requires heavy lifting, you can discriminate against someone who cannot lift 40 pounds to perform the job. (Given, of course that the standards are subject to review and are not unreasonable themselves.)

If a fast food worker cannot fulfill the job requirement such as being at the counter, cooking or doing whatever, why can't that person be demoted and let go? Demanding to take a break every two hours for probably 30 minutes is not conducive to this type of job. I see the law changing with regard to smokers. A hospital in my town started testing smokers a couple of years ago, pre-employment. They do not hire smokers because of the insurance costs and because they often take breaks. Perfectly legal. And while they cannot fire long time employees who do smoke, they just make it harder for them by making them go outside, far away from the building and they only give them a 15 minute break every four hours. All perfectly legal.

But now Moos get pump breaks whenever they need them, and nobody says a word because they are holy Moos? I'll go out on a limb here and say for the addicted, smoking is less of a choice than having a kid. And yet everyone acts like having a child and tit feeding it are not personal choices and must be accommodated at all costs.

2. It's called "reasonable accommodation" and I don't see how tit pumping every two hours for half an hour can be reasonably accommodated in a job like this. If the employee is in a white collar job and wants to tit feed, that could possibly be accommodated. She could review documents or read while tit feeding possibly or make up the time/hours later. (But we all know many Moos demand their time to do this and feel too entitled to make up anything, which makes employers think all women are potential slacking Moos, thanks for nothing.) dealing with the public and tit feeding don't mix.

Some employers are dicks. Having been in the workforce for 40 years, some employers will want to accommodate a good employee within reason because they are already trained and good workers are hard to find. The key is to make yourself valuable and be a good worker and it's a two way street. Lifetip: perhaps prior to breeding, one might want to develop a skill that makes you employable.

There are dick employers out there who will continue to harass and break the law, but this woman sounds like a whining entitled twat and she got $1.5 large.
February 15, 2019
I’ve worked in customer service/retail and was a manager long enough to know how this will go. A moo needs to beef every two hours during a shift? She’s going to disappear every time it gets busy and managers won’t be able to tell her to wait until it dies down before going. And it’ll throw a wrench in staggering lunch breaks among employees because she’s not going to want to use her lunch break as one of her beef breaks. So she’ll take her break and then come back and declare she needs to beef and disappear again and cry discrimination when asked why she didn’t use her government mandated lunch break to beef.

I hope this idiot can stretch that $1.5M because she’s essentially made herself unemployable.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
February 15, 2019
I didn't like this quote either. Shitty writing and bad reporting:

Once she was done training, she was transferred to another KFC in Dover where she was demoted and struggled with insubordination from co-workers complaining that she got "breaks" to pump her breast milk, the lawsuit stated.

Insubordination is not complying with supervisory direction. If it was coming from a co-worker to her, it was not insubordination.

Let's translate, shall we? Other workers complained because this worker was not working like everyone else, but she was getting paid the same as everyone else. That's not insubordination--that's an issue of equity and fairness. But this is what it's come to... equal pay for unequal work.

What a management nightmare and this is not a win for feminism.
February 16, 2019
paragon schnitzophonic

I hope this idiot can stretch that $1.5M because she’s essentially made herself unemployable.

We all know that's not gonna happen. She'll blow through it in record time, and then set up an online begging bowl (via GoFundMe) because she's just a poor innocent moo who was discriminated against and not given nearly enough money to support herself and her crotch biscuit.

Assuming she sticks to just this one, no doubt while she's out on a bender she'll fuck some rando and get pregnant again.
February 17, 2019
Like most people who receive a financial windfall like this, she'll blast right through that money in no time. You know she won't save it or invest it or do anything practical with it. Nope! She's gonna buy a new house, new car, new wardrobe, some spa treatments, get her hair done, manicures/pedicures, maybe some stuff for the kid - it's gonna just be constant Treat Yo Self. Like lurker-derp said, once she runs out of money, she'll stick her hand out for more because nobody's gonna hire her now that they know she's gonna pull this beefing discrimination bullshit at work.

Also, since I imagine boob milk goes bad just like any other kind of milk, does that mean she had her jars of udder juice in the work fridge? Where food was? That either belonged to co-workers or that was being served to customers? Yum.

Another thing: the story says Moo had her loaf in 2014. Has this lawsuit been ongoing for 4+ years? Or is she still suckling her loaf at age fucking four? This has me convinced that she was just using her leaky tits to try and get extra work breaks. No four-year-old needs to be nursing.

But she was only allowed to pump about once during each 10-hour training shift at the KFC/Taco Bell in Camden – not once every two hours as recommended, documents filed with the federal court show.

Sooo what about her two 15-minute breaks and her 30-minute lunch break? Obviously it's not every two hours, but I wonder if she could have arranged something with the management about breaking up her usual breaks over the course of the day to accommodate a pumping schedule. I had to look this shit up, but apparently it's true and Moos are supposed to pump their udders for 15-30 minutes every two hours and if they don't do so for long enough (like days or weeks), their milk supply dries up.

So let's go with 15 minutes per session - maybe not ideal, but that's the minimum. She could pump for 15 minutes four times during her 10-hour shift and then a fifth time in her car (or in the bathroom) when she got done or right when she got home using her normal breaks that she was entitled to as an employee (if she wasn't getting those breaks, that would definitely be a legitimate labor issue). That would be every two hours with the exception of a little more than two hours elapsing between pump session #4 and pump session #5. Add to that the additional session her employer allowed her to have and she should have had enough time to do this shit. Yes, she'd have to sacrifice having breaks all to herself, but she chose to have a kid and chose to give it breast milk. There was a way to make it work and she just chose not to do it.

I also must have missed the part about making her beef in the manager's office under surveillance. I'm guessing they wanted to make sure she wasn't fucking around in the bathroom and trying to slack off. I mean on one hand, I'd like to say that if smokers can get a bazillion breaks per day to go indulge their bad life choice, then maybe a beefer should get the same courtesy. But we're also only hearing one side of this story and I have a feeling Moo was just taking her normal breaks and immediately scurrying off to the bathroom/office to pump and disappearing for an hour at a time, only doing maybe like 45 minutes of actual work out of ten hours. That kind of thing just isn't going to work very well with a fast food environment where you need to, you know, actually work.

Enjoy that settlement there, Moo! Because nobody's touching you professionally with a ten foot pole now that they know you'll sue them. When I search this woman's name, most of the results that come up are about the lawsuit. Employers will Google their potential employees and they'll toss this woman's resume straight in the trash once they see this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login