Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Glamorising" the CF life hurts childless feelings

Posted by yurble 
"Glamorising" the CF life hurts childless feelings
June 16, 2019
For fuck's sake, can't we stand up and say we're not miserable without someone insisting that the stereotype of miserable women without children is true?

80 percent of unmarried women are childless, and of those, 81 percent plan or hope to have children one day.

This is not how the phenomenon is portrayed in the media. Magazine cover stories and news articles tout the so-called “childfree” life, assuming all childless women have chosen this fate, waving some sort of feminist flag. But the truth is, these women are not “free” of the children they yearn for. Motherhood is a burden that we would give anything to bear.

So that 19 percent of single women and whatever percentage of married women who are CF should just shut up because our experiences are unrepresentative and therefore not real? There's plenty of whining about women not having children in the media, along with a meager handful of positive portrayals of CF women.

Some on the right assume that feminism has tricked us into believing that we could have it all, leaving our wombs bereft of life and our lives bereft of meaning. On a recent episode of his podcast, even professor Jordan Peterson, for whom I generally have great respect, has opined that only motherhood, and the sense of responsibility it imbues, can enable women to development into adulthood. But this implies that childless women live in a kind of existential limbo, seen neither as children nor adults; neither cared for nor caregivers; neither fully formed women nor life-informed adults.

Well, Jordan Peterson is a fuckwit, just like the author of this article. So if she wants to agree with him that there's something wrong with her, she's welcome to internalize that sexism. As for me, I'd rather have feminism. Reading on, she's the one who came up with the idea of PANKs (professional aunts no kids), so clearly she's drunk the natalist kool-aid.
Re: "Glamorising" the CF life hurts childless feelings
June 16, 2019
Peterson plays the card that he is actually not conservative. Since most people equate people like him with reactionary conservatism and bible thumping he likes to confuse people by saying that he is neither of those just "rational" Men who are losing out to women in the career world or who fianancial power is not going to meet their expectations are all over Peterson as their new leader and Peterson makes $80,000 a month of them
June 16, 2019
I've yet to see a decent article on childfreedom where it unashamedly comes out and says that some women voluntarily choose to not breed because they don't want kids. Pretty much every article I've personally seen on CFdom does the precise opposite: labels us as childLESS and how we only think we don't want kids, but we'll see the truth eventually because everybody loves and wants babies.

Can someone show me these glamorous childfree articles? Because I've never seen one. Usually it's something written in a negative tone or with breeder-pleasing undertones. And I give no fucks about how my lifestyle affects someone who wants children and can't have them. Will me feeling guilty about one of the few things in life I have control over somehow help the infertiles get pregnant?

If you don't have something you don't want, then yes, you are "free" of something you consider a burden. Not everyone thinks the same things are burdensome because everyone's different. Why is this so fucking hard to comprehend? For some people, sugar-free is bad because they like real sugar and non-sugar sweeteners taste awful and are more expensive. But for others, sugar-free means they get to actually have dessert instead of watching everyone else enjoy it while they stare longingly.

It sucks when you can't have something you want, but that's kinda how things go in life.

Wanna-Moo
While my dream of twin daughters did not come true for me, it turns out my intuition wasn’t completely off. As the Yiddish proverb goes: “We plan, and God laughs;” I am blessed with not one, but two sets of twin nieces. My dream came true for my brother and sister-in-law, twice, and I could not love all my nieces and my nephew more if I tried.

That sounds like a good arrangement to me. She can dote on her twin nieces and nephews and spoil them, then hand them back to her siblings. She can reap the Kodak moments from occasional babysitting and watch their kids grow up, but avoid the shit work like giving birth, buying loaf care crap, a constant stream of bodily fluids, screaming every single night and so on. The only difference is they won't call her "mom."

And I'm sure she wouldn't even think of attempting adoption or fostering because only kids she craps out herself matter and she doesn't want to put effort into helping a child she has no biological relation to.
June 16, 2019
We are miserable and completely immature says they. Once we start to mature we will realize that a lifetime of wiping asses, cleaning puke, moderating tantrums, and the constant frustration of dealing with immature people is the only thing a mature woman can identify with, until then we are children. And I guess fuckwit is above the law because it declares a person a legal adult at 18, breeder or not. Anything a legal adult does is adult behavior because of the source even if it is a childish action or considered immature. This is why there are different consequences in the law for bad behavior for adults versus children.

Yep, we are not adults, we are children until we breed. Only breeders are mature! According to the fuckwit the only way for women to reach adulthood is to breed. Note the lack of judgement on the menfolk.

Fuckwit is yet another completely self-unaware pawn being used by the agenda of those who wish to keep the peasants occupied through breeding. Of course, fuckwit was too stupid to foresee the issues with breeding which fuels his frustration that some of them damn women (of all people) see the crap and refuse to participate. If there is anything that pisses an insecure man off it is a woman who is smarter than them.
June 16, 2019
Cambion
I've yet to see a decent article on childfreedom where it unashamedly comes out and says that some women voluntarily choose to not breed because they don't want kids. Pretty much every article I've personally seen on CFdom does the precise opposite: labels us as childLESS and how we only think we don't want kids, but we'll see the truth eventually because everybody loves and wants babies.

Can someone show me these glamorous childfree articles? Because I've never seen one. Usually it's something written in a negative tone or with breeder-pleasing undertones. And I give no fucks about how my lifestyle affects someone who wants children and can't have them. Will me feeling guilty about one of the few things in life I have control over somehow help the infertiles get pregnant?

I haven't looked much at childfreedom but overall the articles on the childfree I do read often seem to be written by the typical breeder pleasers or the articles seem to be click bait. I'm not questioning the decisions of the folks in the articles but the reasons for publishing them. Often they seem to want to stir the pot by broaching the subject.

Similar to the articles about people eschewing car ownership, same motivation to click bait and bring up a highly controversial subject that tends to be emotional for most people.

I guess at some level exposure is good (even if it was intended as click bait). Perhaps it will increase tolerance.

Cambion
If you don't have something you don't want, then yes, you are "free" of something you consider a burden. Not everyone thinks the same things are burdensome because everyone's different. Why is this so fucking hard to comprehend? For some people, sugar-free is bad because they like real sugar and non-sugar sweeteners taste awful and are more expensive. But for others, sugar-free means they get to actually have dessert instead of watching everyone else enjoy it while they stare longingly.

It sucks when you can't have something you want, but that's kinda how things go in life.

I don't think I've ever met a person who has received everything they want in life, we all have to deal with disappointment. And the coping mechanisms we use to deal with that are important. Much better to develop these coping mechanisms as a child.

If more people could learn these two lessons the world would experience an uptick in happiness. Plenty of people also get upset if something they don't want is taken away from them. Wouldn't this fundamentally be good?

Example is couples who separate because one wants kids and the other doesn't. Yes, it will hurt very badly but fundamentally the sooner it happens the better it is for both of them. Time is of the essence for the one that wants kids. Both of them have something they no longer want: a partner that wants a completely different lifestyle. It sucks that that is the person you chose and might be your favorite person and there are many happy memories. Perhaps when they met and made the good memories there wasn't a thought or concern about having children. It is way better than compromising and experiencing a bitter divorce when that doesn't work.
June 19, 2019
I gotta say, the more these insecure breeder idiots and mindless spawn-pawns are upset about our/my lifestyle FREE of puking, shouting, money-, time- and healthconsuming, irrational and uncontrollable womb-banshees, the more I know that I have taken the right choice, NOT to ruin my life, of which I have only one.

Oh. And Jordan Peterfart can eat shit. He's a sexist, conservative garbage can anyway, and any magazine that quotes or agrees with his sorry breeder ass, is only good to wipe my butt with. Which is rather impractical, because its so nasty that it clogs the toilet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom & Art & Music >>>>>>>>>> human spawn

"Music is immortal. People are not."
-William Anger, "King's Story" - Thief2 FM by Zontik
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login