Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wow, who woulda thunk it? Kids who walk to school, less fat!

Posted by cfuter 
Wow, who woulda thunk it? Kids who walk to school, less fat!
June 26, 2019
20 yrs ago, when my niece, and nephew, were hugely fat at the mere age of 4-6, even tho my SIL owned a fucking health club and knew everything about "getting fit" (she doesnt, she knows stuff like stuff you would read in Glamour magazine) **I said kids dont walk to school no more**, no matter how far, and but I also know they don't drive themselves to McDonalds( the ONLY place my nephew ate 3 meals a day for like 5 yrs) and I know they don't earn money to buy McDonalds, and my ILs were at wits' end after the doctor said they were too fat. (like they needed to be told that...my nieces face was literally fatter than my face and I was in my 30s) My MIL announced, like the know-it-all she is, becuz she loves loves loves to contradict anything I say, "IDK why kids today are so fat but it ain't becuz they don't walk to school." Really Gramma? If their little bodies walk several blocks, twice a day, at a normal to quick pace, it likely shaves off some of the cookies you gave them, but don't listen to me....keep shoveling in the hot dogs and cheese, and sausages becuz you LUV them. I know we ate whatever we wanted back in the day when we had permission, plus home-cooked meals, and didn't have all the scheduled activities, we just walked to school and friends' houses, and biked and did pick up games, and we were THIN AS RAILS....but gramma knows best.

By the way, my niece is an attractive young woman, but still struggles, she's built like a brickhouse. All becuz gramma started w/ the junk food and her mama didn't put her foot down when she didn't want her kids to eat that shit.

Children who walk to school less likely to be overweight or obese, study suggests:
https://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/children-who-walk-to-school-less-likely-to-be-overweight-or-obese-study-suggests
Re: Wow, who woulda thunk it? Kids who walk to school, less fat!
June 26, 2019
To be fair, not even walking will be enough to undo the calories in a lot of the slop these kids are given. Not to mention that playing outside has become a thing of the past between imaginary stranger danger and screen addiction, so kids aren't moving at all anymore. They fatten up from it, then they don't want to move, so they stay fat. And they can probably pull any lame excuse to get out of gym class too because the school doesn't want to deal with Mommy coming in screaming about how Junior is allergic to sweating or that gym class is fat-phobic or some shit.

I played outside and walked to school and I was still a huge fat kid because my family fed me garbage and/or let me eat in excess. It's sad to think that a 200 pound 14-year-old isn't that big of a deal now and might even be considered on the small side to some people, whereas I was the only fat kid in my whole elementary school the whole time I was there.

But still, walking helps.
June 26, 2019
Bad dietary and exercise habits in childhood are hard to break. I got plenty of exercise and healthy food, so I was a normal weight as a child, but I still struggle with my weight now because of bad habits I picked up in my 20s. People who feed their kids slop and don't make them do chores and exercise are setting them up for suffering in adulthood.
June 28, 2019
Had a mom and preschool aged kid come into my workplace. They are what I call 'library people'...They don't come in to read or check out materials, rather to get onto our free internet PCs or get documents notarized.
Anyway, mom is rotund and the little girl is obese too. The girl has one of those cheap sugar water drinks in one hand and a cartoonishly large lollipop in the other. And despite the fact that the child can walk on her own, after their library business is over, the kid hops back into a stroller. So she's not even getting the simple exercise of walking. Her mom probably thinks she's loving the kid by indulging her.
July 01, 2019
you never see a kid even as old as 12 even walk in a grocery store, they UNSAFELY sit in the cart and play w/ the phone, moos push them around. PATHETIC if you ask me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login