Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another Gem from Reddit...

Posted by twocents 
Another Gem from Reddit...
July 20, 2019
Under Entitled Parents

"My boyfriend's cousin (his paternal uncle's daughter) has 4 children. Each of her kids is the personification of the word 'bratty'. The said cousin refuses to discipline them and constantly makes excuses for their behavior. She's also very judgemental of our decision to not have children. She has often made some snide comments towards me, implying that I'm the selfish cunt who is depriving my bf of the "joys of raising children". For these reasons and for her generally entitled behavior, my boyfriend had cut ties with her.

However, when he and I visited his parental home three days ago for his parent's anniversary celebration, we ran into her again. My boyfriend's dad had urged him to use this occasion to mend bridges with the cousin. So we both tried to make nice and engaged in small talk with her. During our conversation, bf mentioned that we were leaving for Melbourne for vacation in a few days.

At this, cousin's eyes lit up. "Oh that sounds like so much fun" she said, "My husband and I haven't gone anywhere since our honeymoon." She whined some more about how hard it is for them with 4 kids, if only they could afford such luxuries etc etc etc. I could tell where this was going. My boyfriend probably felt sorry for her and, being the kind and generous soul that he is, offered to buy them a weekend in a resort in Mt. Abu (a hill station in the Indian state of Rajasthan).

Cousin (face scrunched up) : "That's nice, but why can't you just take us to Melbourne with you?"

BF (getting a bit annoyed, but still patient) : Well, we want to spend some time alone together. Plus we'll be meeting some close friends there. Besides, Mt Abu is a beautiful place. Your kids will love it.

Cousin (in the annoying 'Karen' tone) : I still don't see why you can't take us to Australia. You're being so selfish, going on this great trip and sticking your family with a cheap weekend getaway.

BF's Mom : [Cousin's name] He's making a very generous offer. Either take it or leave it.

Cousin (wearing the expression that morons wear when they think they've had a bright idea) : Oh I know! Why don't my husband and I go to Mt Abu and you can take our kids to Melbourne.

Me : What ???

Cousin : It's a great idea. The kids can have fun in Melbourne with you two and my hubby and I can enjoy a peaceful weekend. This way the kids can actually spend some time with their uncle. You never make time for them!

BF : I'm offering for the last time. It's either the weekend in Mt Abu or nothing at all. And why the hell would we ruin our vacation taking care of your kids?

Cousin : How can you say that? My kids are so well behaved. You'll have so much fun spending time with them. Besides, my husband and I could really use some quite time together. You and shygirlturnedsassy don't have any responsibilities. You have no idea how hard it is ti raise 4 kids. You can afford this trip. I don't see why you won't share with family......

BF : One more word and you're loosing my Mt Abu offer.

On hearing this the cousin STFU. We all had dinner together and she was mercifully quite. If only her kids had followed her example.

You'd think this would be the end of it , but NO! We had seriously underestimated her dedication to her Karenness. This morning, cousin showed up at my apartment with the kids in tow. I was shocked to see her of course and asked if something was wrong. She smiled and said "I'm just here to drop the kids off. You're leaving tonight right?"

After taking a second to recover from the shock I asked " Did you fall and hit your head on something? We told you we weren't taking your kids with us. What part of that did you not understand.

She then tried to convince me that my bf had called her later on and had agreed to take her kids. I knew this was bullshit and called it as such.

Cousin became enraged and asked if I was going to break her kids' heart, why would I break our promise and how bf and I could be so cold. I called my bf and after telling him what was going on I turned on the speaker.

My boyfriend proceeded to chew her out brutally, telling her she he would no longer pay for their weekend getaway and that this is exactly the kind of behavior that had made him cut ties with her . She tried to get a word in but he wouldn't let her.

Cousin took her kids and stormed off. Bf and I are having a laugh over this and are still wondering what made her think that this plan would ever work.""

broouuhaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaa

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Re: Another Gem from Reddit...
July 20, 2019
Oh my FUCKING god. Sounds like they handled it really well, but if she really thought that would work, it's because she's been getting away with that kind of breeder-entitlement bullshit with other people....
July 20, 2019
Yeah, how did she think that they were going to buy another four plane tickets on what is likely going to be a full flight at the last possible minute, let alone another hotel room because they would’ve only gotten one room with one large bed. And also, absolutely not in taking four ill-behaved children on a vacation for free. Like the cow would need to pony up some serious money just for babysitting, let alone everything else.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
July 21, 2019
Entitled people often rely on the other person's unwillingness to make a scene to get what they want. And it often works, when the request is small enough that the person would rather give in than look like an asshole to observers who are unaware of the dynamic. For instance, the entitled person would have reasonably good luck trying to persuade someone who bought a cake to give the last piece of cake to the kids, even if the kids already ate every other piece of cake, especially if there is an audience who didn't know the kids had already eaten the rest of the cake. The whole experience of fending off the greedy cake-eaters would just spoil the experience, so it isn't worth the fight for most people.

But this is not a small request, and there was no audience. This woman is delusional, even for an entitled breeder, that she misjudged the distaste for conflict to the extent that she thought bringing the brats along at the last minute would be easier. Plus, if they're talking about a weekend at a hill station as a cheap option, I'm guessing the family is in India, which means there's this thing called a visa which you apply for in advance if you want to visit Australia....so even if they would have caved, emotionally, the logistics were impossible.
July 21, 2019
always possible the story is fake. reddit is riddled with this problem.

possible attempt to sabotage the trip itself ... another idea

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login