Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Getting" kids

Posted by cfdavep 
"Getting" kids
August 15, 2019
I was just wondering if anyone notices that some people say "getting kids" like "I am getting a new car" Isn't the correct term "having kids" I see this on reddit/cf where someone says "My sister got her kids" meaning she had a couple of kids and now has two kids.

Is this bad grammer, lack of education? "Getting" sounds like a purchase of an object or a pet purchase or adoption, like "I am getting a pure bred cat"
Re: "Getting" kids
August 15, 2019
I think it could be a combination of poor grammar, as well as parents who see their kids as commodities or possessions. I've noticed that a lot of people, particularly abusive and controlling ones, tend to see others around them as objects.

This almost takes away the kid's humanity and places them in the same category an inanimate object.
August 15, 2019
I've heard Lifescripters using this term. People who think you "have to" get a husband or wife by age X (and any one will do) and then you "get" your kids and you life Happily Ever After in Breederland.
August 15, 2019
It is appropriate if you think of them as an STI.
August 15, 2019
Would one say getting a parasite or obtaining a parasite? Contracting a parasite?
August 15, 2019
yurble
It is appropriate if you think of them as an STI.

Hahahaha

freya
Contracting a parasite?

"I contracted kids. Pray for me!"

bell_flower
I've heard Lifescripters using this term. People who think you "have to" get a husband or wife by age X (and any one will do) and then you "get" your kids and you life Happily Ever After in Breederland.

Like it's one more level you need to hit, another box to check, in the natural progression from cradle to grave? I wonder how much of the move to "got my kids" is a pushback against CFdom becoming more visible as a viable option...trying to convince people that it's not a skippable part of the Lifescript framework when it's becoming ever more clear that children are absolutely a choice.
August 16, 2019
The GOP are now forcing the issue, forcing any woman who catches the STI to keep the STI, REGARDLESS of how she came down with said STI, regardless of if it was through rape, incest, whatever.

I'm waiting for the GOP to outlaw birth control.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
August 17, 2019
craftyzits

I'm waiting for the GOP to die off.
August 17, 2019
kittehpeoples
craftyzits

The GOP will do a lot of damage before it does.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
August 17, 2019
craftyzits
kittehpeoples
craftyzits

More than they already have.
August 17, 2019
kittehpeoples
craftyzits
kittehpeoples
craftyzits

More than they already have.

Amen!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login