Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rant 685 - Toys for Toads donator

Posted by cheeselouise 
cheeselouise
Rant 685 - Toys for Toads donator
December 11, 2005
The main reason I've become SO turned off to the Toys for Toads program is that they have become INCREDIBLY picky over the years. When I was a kid n the 60s and 70s, TfT ran their program as accepting used toys to give to poor kids. Now, the toys have to be BRAND NEW in their original packaging. What the fuck? Of course, I can see where they wouldn't want filthy, trashed toys that belong in the trash. But there are no doubt lots of gently used toys that have been played with once or twice that would some poor kid would love to have. And it would help keep some kindercrap out of the landfills, at least for a while.

I think there are a couple reasons for the change. TfT was probably inundated with trashed toys from inconsiderate breeders whose kids had wrecked the toys. And, there's probably the "self esteem" element also. TfT probably doesn't want the recipients feeling bad about themselves because they are getting a used toy. Oh, the humanity! If these kids are really as poor and disadvantaged as claimed, they'd be grateful for ANY toys, even used ones, in decent shape.

At any rate, I think the TfT program SUCKS now because of their demand that toys be brand-spanking new. Fuck Toys for Toads!
Anonymous User
Re: Rant 685 - Toys for Toads donator
December 11, 2005
I DEFINITELY agree. "Toy must be new, unused, and in its packaging. No used items, please." And if you read my post, I'm extremely sick of TfT.
KidFreeLuvnLife
December 12, 2005
I couldn't agree more. The company I work for does this "adopt a family" bullshit thing. You guessed it. These are inner-city families, uneducated, most of them single moms, with many kids and not a job to speak of. Oh, and of course, on welfare. And you wouldn't believe the toys my fellow co-workers buy for this shit. I feel like buying a toy and taping to it, a letter to the mother of this toy recipient, telling her to get her lazy ass out to work, support her family, and teach her kids some decent values.
cheeselouise
Another gift idea...
December 12, 2005
My work does this too, and I have been *seriously* tempted to buy a box of condoms and wrap it up real purdy for the irresponsible serial welfare breeders. Muuuahahahahaha!
sprogless
December 12, 2005
Is there room in your purdy present for a coathanger?
Anonymous User
December 12, 2005
brand new?
one thing that may have prompted this might be lawsuits.
you never know where some kiddle got injured because a toy was used and didn't stand up.
I am just guessing...
asking them might clear up that matter
December 12, 2005
We had an adopt-a-family at my work, too.
I was thinking oh no, but this family included the mom and dad who had a ten year old daughter. They had taken in two kids that was from either the mom or dad's sibling who had drug problems. I was touched that they wanted very simple things, even the kids: a hat and scarf, a backpack, pajamas.
This was in stark contrast to where I worked at a Target distribution center. This one building donated new toys to 100 kids. Most if not all of the toys and bicycles were bought at Target. Target was able to get some kind of tax break because of it.
Anonymous User
Re: Another gift idea...
December 13, 2005
Oooo, love that X3 Seriously, you should do that!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.