Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Who will take care of you when you are old?

Posted by khan 
Who will take care of you when you are old?
October 20, 2019
https://www.wfla.com/news/local-news/manatee-county/bradenton-grandmother-accused-of-killing-disabled-grandson-faces-judge/

Police say she gave her grandson Joel drugs because she feared no one would be able to take care of him when she died.
Re: Who will take care of you when you are old?
October 22, 2019
It's possible that this woman really cared about her grandson and the parents were shits.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 23, 2019
According to another article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/09/25/her-disabled-grandson-would-have-no-caretaker-after-she-dies-so-woman-killed-him-police-say/

Other story
Authorities have confirmed that the man “could not function as an adult” and required constant support and care, Thiers said. His father was dead and his mother was estranged, according to the Bradenton Herald. His grandmother, a former nurse who had no criminal record, was his legal guardian. He lived in a group home during the week and with her on weekends.

Neighbors told the Bradenton newspaper that Joel Parks did not have physical disabilities but struggled with mental problems from an accident that happened when he was a baby. They said he often worked at a local convenience store on weekends he spent with his grandmother. He was seen there “in good spirits” on Saturday, the day before his body was found.

So no dad or mom (but there's a sister), no physical problems. Mental disabilities, but he could still work, so moderately functioning, I guess? It's possible that along with his mental problems, he's also extremely violent and maybe he displayed violent tendencies toward Granny, or maybe she was just sick of dealing with him.

It sucks, but I'd liken it to a mercy killing. If Grandma died and wasn't ponying up for the group home anymore via her will and his sister either wouldn't/couldn't care for him or keep him in the group home, he'd have nowhere to go and would probably wind up homeless, and being off multiple meds too, I'm sure. Which would likely mean his life would be a revolving door of living on the streets and getting himself arrested for things like assault and theft.
October 24, 2019
In these kinds of situations it is always hard to tell if the person who did the killing was abusive, or was trying to be kind. Same like with some cases of old people dying. Was it because their families genuinely didn't want them to suffer, or were they just abusive fucks? I think there needs to be provisions for these sorts of situations, so that the decision is never being made by individuals whose motives are unknown.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login