Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Politician wants to extend school day by three hours

Posted by freya 
Politician wants to extend school day by three hours
November 10, 2019
For....you guessed it. "Free" childcare!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/offbeat/kamala-harris-wants-to-extend-the-school-day-by-3-hours-to-help-working-parents-but-schools-shouldnt-have-to-provide-more-childcare/ar-BBWqghO

From the article
While many working parents are desperate for an after-care solution, many may struggle much more over the weekends and during the summers, when it can even more challenging to find suitable and affordable childcare.

When are these working parunts planning to spend quality time with their brats?
Re: Politician wants to extend school day by three hours
November 10, 2019
Might as well send the kids off to bloody boarding school! At least they'd be disciplined properly and the intervention of helicopter parents is likely to be limited to spring/winter/summer break.

And you just know this isn't JUST childcare, they'll expect their little darlings be given a healthy snack and a nutritious evening meal with no gluten, sugar, fat, nuts, legumes, dairy, cocaine etc. etc. not to mention a glut of age-appropriate after-school activities that are divided by gender/socioeconomic status. All for free of course; they're PARENTS and they are always broke and have such a haaaaaaaaaaard life.
November 10, 2019
Many many years ago, I worked for a before and after school day care that was at the schools that the kids attended.
At that time, the concept had only been in use for a couple of years.

I left that job when I had an instance of an entitled parent, who tried to to create a no-win situation when their little Angel was hitting another child and I had dared to lay on hands to stop the attack (as I was professionally trained to do - minimally and briefly to cause injury to no one).

I noped the frick out of there when administration wanted me to try to placate the offended entitled parent.
November 10, 2019
May as well just only have boarding schools at that point. A ten hour school day is ridiculous. And I'm sure they'll still be expecting kids to be doing homework afterward. Any parunts supporting this must really hate spending time with their kids.
November 10, 2019
cassia
Many many years ago, I worked for a before and after school day care that was at the schools that the kids attended.
At that time, the concept had only been in use for a couple of years.

I left that job when I had an instance of an entitled parent, who tried to to create a no-win situation when their little Angel was hitting another child and I had dared to lay on hands to stop the attack (as I was professionally trained to do - minimally and briefly to cause injury to no one).

I noped the frick out of there when administration wanted me to try to placate the offended entitled parent.

I bet this is very common today, given the entitled parunt epidemic and lack of discipline of brats.
November 10, 2019
segaface
May as well just only have boarding schools at that point. A ten hour school day is ridiculous. And I'm sure they'll still be expecting kids to be doing homework afterward. Any parunts supporting this must really hate spending time with their kids.

They have to hate spending time with their kids or they are utter morons. Unless they had kids at 18 they were fully aware that everyday life involves errands and trips to the store. drooling stupification After sluicing the kids either have to have someone watch them at home or they drag the kids along to the errands and stores. Kids have to be supervised 100% of the time unless they are sleeping, then someone has to be in close vicinity. Did they expect Puff the Magic Dragon to watch their kids? I guess Puff can also chauffeur the kids to school and give out free flights to people in exchange for daycare money. drooling stupification
November 11, 2019
freya
For....you guessed it. "Free" childcare!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/offbeat/kamala-harris-wants-to-extend-the-school-day-by-3-hours-to-help-working-parents-but-schools-shouldnt-have-to-provide-more-childcare/ar-BBWqghO

From the article
While many working parents are desperate for an after-care solution, many may struggle much more over the weekends and during the summers, when it can even more challenging to find suitable and affordable childcare.

When are these working parunts planning to spend quality time with their brats?

This would be great for squeezing the continuous testing that does nothing for the children and puts extra work into the laps of the teachers.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login