Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Toadler hit by ball at game

Posted by cfdavep 
Toadler hit by ball at game
January 08, 2020
https://sports.yahoo.com/astros-game-foul-ball-brain-damage-toddler-family-021329952.html

Someone took a toadie to a Astros game and the kid ended up with a fractured skull leading to possible permanent brain damage. I thought this was a possibility for anyone at these games and that there was some issue of not having enough netting
Re: Toadler hit by ball at game
January 08, 2020
Children belong at home. Nowhere else.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 08, 2020
I'm sure that on top of a lawsuit by the parents which they will almost certainly win because child, there will be some multi-million dollar project to childproof the park. Now I wonder how many people will intentionally lift their brats up to get beaned with foul balls and then sue because a settlement from the major leagues is worth a LOT more than a stray ball.

No legal action has yet been filed against the Astros, Minute Maid Park’s operators or MLB.

Yet. The kid sustained an injury that's on par with a stroke and it'll affect her for the rest of her life. Unless the parents are super-duper hardcore fans, they will sue.
January 09, 2020
Parunts have already talked to a lawyer
January 11, 2020
i don't see the need to bring a small child to a baseball game, period. That's what babysitters are for; seriously, if you can afford box seats, you can definitely pay for a sitter. But hey, it's hard to attention-whore if your kid is at home. Also, I guarantee no child under 10 or so is going to sit still through a whole ballgame. Hell, it's hard enough as an adult because a game usually runs about 3 hours.

My DH and I have gone to a few games at Wrigley Field, and we sit in the level above box seats--at least we can see what's going on. Before you enter the field area, there's a sign that says you are entering at your own risk, and that foul balls (and sometimes batswide-eyed surprise) may enter the stands. This isn't rocket science, it's just common sense. And yes, there is a LOT of netting around the field. I have no idea what sort of netting is used at Minute Maid Park, or how far around it goes. All the more reason to PAY ATTENTION to the fucking game! But Moo and Dud wanted to bring the baby...

It doesn't seem like the parents have a legit case, but of course they will find an ambulance-chaser to help 'em out. Jeez.
January 19, 2020
I'm not sure how the law works in the US, but I don't think the player meant to hit the kid with the ball. There was no malicious intent. He wasn't negligent either, because that sometimes happens.

It was a sad accident. Nobody should have to pay out for that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login