Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bizzy Moo wants to dictate how people address her kid

Posted by Cambion 
Bizzy Moo wants to dictate how people address her kid
February 07, 2020
https://old.reddit.com/r/insaneparents/comments/ezvxnq/a_question_that_came_into_one_of_my_local_radio/

Usually we discuss the negligent parents who don't care enough, but then you have the ones like this who care too much. This person who is "asking for a friend" (hint: asking for themselves) says the mother of this kid "Andrew" takes HUGE issue with him being called "Andy" at school because she hates that name, like to the point where she has met with his teacher twice to make her force the other students to call him "Andrew." She wants to take it up with the principal now. Mind you the kid often introduces himself as "Andy."

Really? You're gonna waste a teacher's time with bullshit like this? People will make nicknames even if you don't want them to, so if you don't like a nickname, then how about, ohhh, not naming your child the name the nickname originates from? You can shorten almost any name - Kathleen becomes Katie, Jennifer becomes Jen or Jenny, Marcus becomes Mark, Samantha becomes Sam, and Andrew becomes Andy. Pick any name and there's a nickname for it.

I suppose it's good she at least gave the kid a real name that's spelled correctly, but come the fuck on lady. Be glad "Andy" is the worst people call your kid. Besides, it's his name, so doesn't that mean he gets to decide what to be called? Sounds like Moo doesn't see her kid as more than her personal property.
Re: Bizzy Moo wants to dictate how people address her kid
February 07, 2020
Cambion
I suppose it's good she at least gave the kid a real name that's spelled correctly, but come the fuck on lady. Be glad "Andy" is the worst people call your kid. Besides, it's his name, so doesn't that mean he gets to decide what to be called? Sounds like Moo doesn't see her kid as more than her personal property.

Don't most, if not all, breeders, see their kids as property or just extensions of themselves? Like, to a downright creepy degree?
February 07, 2020
I can think of much worse nick names. Why doesn't this bizzy moo shut up, learn to chose her battles and let her son decide what he wants to be called?

She has got to have way tooo much time on her hands.
February 08, 2020
freya
I can think of much worse nick names. Why doesn't this bizzy moo shut up, learn to chose her battles and let her son decide what he wants to be called?

She has got to have way tooo much time on her hands.

Because somebody somewhere isn't doing what she wants for no other reason than she wants it.

She's fucking nuts.
February 08, 2020
It's rude not to call someone by the name they use for themselves. It's something all adults should be able to manage. If the kid introduces himself as Andy, the moo is being rude by not calling him by his preferred name.

As for what the kids call him, kids are rude little fucks so he's lucky they call him some variation of his name, rather than something obnoxious and offensive.
February 08, 2020
I saw this one discussed somewhere (maybe CF Abby?), and what makes it even more amusing is that it sounds like the kid isn't bothered by being called Andy. Mom's getting her nose out of joint, but the kid's all right with it.

Mom's not just caring too much; she's caring too much about the wrong shit. This is not the hill to die on, lady.
February 08, 2020
There's a yuppie woman in my aerobics class who does the exact same thing. the kid has this ridiculous 3 syllable name that can easily be shortened to a normal, common name. Which other kids, teachers, and the kid are apparently doing. Mom's mad about that, of course. She's telling everyone not to use the nickname. Can't have people thinking your child has a normal name that doesn't sound like that of a luxury handbag store rather than a person.
February 08, 2020
Just call him Little Lord Fauntleroy
February 08, 2020
I had this happen to me once. The kid was named Jackson and everyone called him Jack, but when I made the mistake of calling him Jack in front of the parents during a conference the douchebag duh sternly told me that “His name is Jackson!”

Jack is probably in college now, I wonder if his dad ever got over it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
February 09, 2020
I find it extremely weird that she'd call her kid Andrew, and then try to control people calling him Andy, which is a shorter version of the same name. Personally, I like Andy better, especially for a kid.

What a controlling cow.
February 09, 2020
randomcfchick
I saw this one discussed somewhere (maybe CF Abby?), and what makes it even more amusing is that it sounds like the kid isn't bothered by being called Andy. Mom's getting her nose out of joint, but the kid's all right with it.

He isn't just all right with it, he's introducing himself to people as Andy. It's clearly what he prefers, and moo doesn't give a fuck about his feelings, just hers.
February 11, 2020
I thought it was common sense to consider likely nicknames when thinking about names for your future sprog, and if you hate the nickname choose a different name. Why am I always expecting breeders to have common sense?
February 11, 2020
ondinette
I thought it was common sense to consider likely nicknames when thinking about names for your future sprog, and if you hate the nickname choose a different name. Why am I always expecting breeders to have common sense?

Sometimes miracles happen, just not with breeders usually. Honestly, I don't know why it didn't cross this idiot's mind to not name her kid something from which a name she hates can be derived. A vast majority of people use nicknames in my experience too - every single person I know goes by a shortened version of their full legal name, so I think it's safe to assume that someone somewhere sometime will use that shortened version.

Also, why is it she hates "Andy" and not "Andrew?" It's 50% the same name in both cases. How's that work? I could see if it was one of those odd names where the nickname is nothing like the full name, like "Richard" becoming "Dick" or "Margaret" becoming "Peggy." But it's not! No entiendo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login