Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Post 693 Breeders Cutting Out Early

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
KidFreeLuvnLife
Post 693 Breeders Cutting Out Early
December 12, 2005
Breeders will use any excuse to shirk work responsibilities. And what better excuse to use than a kid? I have to see if I can convince my dogs and cats to take ballet, that way I can cut out of work to see the Doggie/Kitty Nutcracker next Christmas. LOL
CF 4 Ever
Re: Post 693 Breeders Cutting Out Early
December 12, 2005
I love to call all of the breeder's brats' activities and vacation CHRISTMAS activities. They can say 'holiday' all they want, but I LOVE to say CHRISTMAS back at them. Gee, it never hurt ME to go on "Christmas vacation", have a "Christmas party", and go to "Christmas plays." Sometimes, when these politically correct breeders say "holiday", I say, "which holiday?" "Are your kids putting on a St. Patrick's Day play in December? Gee, I always went to CHRISTMAS plays in December!" Dumb ass breeders.
DevilinLex
December 12, 2005
Those lazies will use whatever excuse they can to get out early. Snowdays, Sick Kids, Programs, Games ect. But me come in early to leave early and I get the stinkeye.
Fattie
December 12, 2005
The whole "Happy Holidays" thing was started to acknowledge that there are some people (like me) who don't celebrate Christmas because they celebrate different holidays or nothing at all.
When people tell me "Merry Christmas!", I just politely say "I don't celebrate Christmas, but thank you anyway." or just "Thank you!" depending on my mood. I don't raise a big stink about having different religious beliefs compared to the majority.
Don't you know there's a WAR on Christmas???!!! The horror...the horror.

And, it's bullshit. Firstly, we have a christian president, a christian vicepresident, and I would bet anyone that 97% of our elected officals would identify as "christian" if asked, even if they don't go to church. I would also bet that not one single elected offical would ever identify as athiest, or agnostic. So guess what Jesus Crispy? You don't get to claim to be an "oppressed" group any more, because YOU AREN'T. Suck it up, realize that there are multiple holidays at this time of year, keep your stupid ass made up faith at home where it belongs and quit your mealymouthed whining.

I don't care if folks say Merry Christmas, Joyous Kawanzaa, Happy Holidays or All Hail Satan when I shop. Does anyone seriously think the worker-bee at the cash register cares either way how your holiday, or even the next 5 minutes of your life, goes? They just want your dumb ass out of their face, so they can serve the next asshole, and the shitbag after that, and the moron after that until their shift is over when they can go home and drink a beer until they forget about their hellish retail holiday existance.

As you can see, I am flush with holiday cheer.

CF 4 Ever
December 12, 2005
Being CF and being Christian are not mutually exclusive. One can be Christian and be CF. It's possible. I am proof. And guess what? CF Christians get lots of FLACK also. "Be fruiful and multiply" is always used. Gee, what about Nuns? I guess they're not doing any good in society, although they are CF. I am Christian and CF, and I say MERRY CHRISTMAS to all. True happiness can be found when one is secure in their CF-ness and their faith. Not all CFers are atheists or non-Christians, any more than all breeders are Christians. "Happy Holidays" is just so empty, generic, and boring. Forgive me for truly enjoying the joy of the Christmas season. Remaining CF has allowed me to keep the fun parts of life while skipping the mysery that is parenthood. But, I don't have to sacrifice Christianity just to "fit in" with the hateful, spiteful, unhappy, non-religious, non-Christian, and seemingly unhappy CFer, which has unfortunately become representative of us.
I don't mind the phrase "Merry Christmas". What I do mind is that, every time his opens his mouth, our dearly beloved president addresses the masses as though we were all Christian (or at least believed in god), and guess what, he's wrong. It's just that non-believers are in the minority, so he panders where it counts. So much for separation of church and state.
mercurior 1
December 13, 2005
in the UK there is no real religiousness over christmas, christmas is now just a word, at least here, i dont beleive but i call it christmas, i think thats the difference between the UK and US, we have had more time to settle down, most of our stupidity has been burned out of us. so say happy christmas or happy holidays so long as you have the meaning inside you, thats all that matters..whether it is kawanza or whatever.

the christmas in this house is respect and love to those of our family, whether they are animal family or human, those people we want to hold. thats the meaning of christmas in this house and it should be in others no matter what you call it, whether its a happy holiday, or whatever. it does annoy me when people just parrot the words without feeling anything, a little humanity is needed in this world, the have a nice day you know they dont mean it, the happy holidays too has been said and some dont mean it its just said as a habit.

one question, do other religions have to alter what they say to fit in with the american version of christianity, or is it the word christmas is somehow racist. i know this is a subject there but us brits dont really see the reason. perhaps its because of our history, or the way we think, or where we are. all i can say is celebrate it how you wish too, and ignore everyone else.. if you want to give a present to a jewish family do so, but do it out of respect and love and admiration for THEM not any other reason. thats what i feel is the true meaning of the day. love and respect, not religion. remember christmas is just a word.
KidFreeLuvnLife
December 13, 2005
Everyone is so hell-bent on being politically correct these days that it makes everything such a royal pain in the ass. Breeders seem to be particularly annoying with this. My father's mother's family is from Wales and has been Pagan for hundreds of years and I am Pagan. We celebrate Yule on the 21st but I also celebrate xmas because all my friends and extended family celebrate it also. I really don't care one way or the other what it's called, when or how people celebrate or whatever. The only thing that matters is that everyone has a good time and gets to spend time with family and friends and at the end of the year, when we're counting down to 2006, no one is really going to give a rat's ass whether it was called Christmas, Yule, Kwaanza, Chanauka, or whatever.
"hateful, spiteful, unhappy, non-religious, non-Christian, and seemingly unhappy"
Now where have I heard this old chestnut? Lemme think for a moment....oh yeah, I remember...on those occasions when I'm put in the position to justify my CF existance. Hmmm, fancy that.

No, it's not the jesus that bugs me, it's not even religious folks. It's the assertation that since I don't enjoy having a bible shoved all up in my business, any more than a baby, then I must be unhappy, spiteful and hateful. Hell, I don't even have to leave the house, there are groups who'll gladly stop by to "witness" their "miracle" to me. Would you be happy if parents did that as well? Probably not.

Just like parents whining that every space isn't child-friendly, it's equally frustrating for a nonreligious person to hear christian folks talking about how oppressed they are, and how awful it is that employees are encouraged to say "Happy Holidays" as opposed to "Merry Christmas", when in fact they are getting their way in many areas that actually effect people, like science and public health, where I believe NO RELIGION should have any influence.
CF 4 Ever
December 13, 2005
I am not calling specific CFer "hateful, spiteful," etc. Sorry if I made anyone feel that way. All I am saying is that CFers are already assumed to be unhappy because we don't have kids. It just seems to me that some CFers present themselves that way by rejecting everything and everyone around them and by sounding hateful. I try to set an example by being a Christian CFer, and believe me, that's a tough place to be. I am surrounded by "happy fambilees" and told that "certainly I want to raise Christian kids." Spouting out venomous retorts is not going to make my point. I simply tell people that my "ministry" is to people that are already here, and I don't have to make a person to be complete, or to be Christian. JC never required us to make baybees. Merry Christmas to all, and that is not meant in a mean way at all. But to me, December is Christmastime, and I am a happy Christian CFer.
cheeselouise
December 13, 2005
Well, I didn't intend for my rant about breeders cutting out of work during the holidays to be twisted into a debate about the PCness of Christmas greetings, even though I did throw a tidbit in about that.

Anyway, I'll just say that breeders of any stripe express their holiday spirit by shafting their co-workers (worse than during the rest of the year, IMO) to dash out to attend Snotley's holiday activities. It's even more acceptable than at other times of the year, when it's "only" soccer or ballet. Because we all know that Snotley will be devastated if Moomie and Duhdee don't attend every command performance. @@
mercurior 1
December 13, 2005
i see it as both, its pcness gone insane, because some parents probably said oh for tha sake of the children we need to be completely non judgemental, about any religion or religously linked thing.. therefore we have to create a happy holiday instead incase someone has hurt feelings.

teaching kids that complete multicultural expressions should be kwansa, hannuka, christmas, saturnalia, should be taught yes, but not to the exclusion of one.

yes cheese i agree, but it does come down to what they can get away with, rather than what is right.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.