Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeders getting rent breaks during Covid19

Posted by cfdavep 
Breeders getting rent breaks during Covid19
April 03, 2020
https://www.boredpanda.com/coronavirus-wholesome-quarantine-good-news/?afterlogin=savevote&post=2142219&score=-1

Some of these will cause the tears to come, but number 4 was a landlord who gave his breeder tenant of four sprogs a 5 month rent break. I doubt a CF person or couple would be getting the same. Landlords are expected to risk losing their properties to help out breeder. When stories like this get attention other landlords are expected to do the same

I saw a story like this on yahoo were landlords were expected to give poor breeders a break on rent and someone said "Good luck getting them to restart paying" Any $$$ they get while the rent break is going on will be spent.
Re: Breeders getting rent breaks during Covid19
April 04, 2020
I do think it is considerate of landlords to suspend payments when so many people have lost their jobs. But it definitely shouldn't be just for breeders! I hate it when such gestures are spun as a matter of "deserving" which somehow always seems to be about breeding.
April 04, 2020
cfdavep
https://www.boredpanda.com/coronavirus-wholesome-quarantine-good-news/?afterlogin=savevote&post=2142219&score=-1

Some of these will cause the tears to come, but number 4 was a landlord who gave his breeder tenant of four sprogs a 5 month rent break. I doubt a CF person or couple would be getting the same. Landlords are expected to risk losing their properties to help out breeder. When stories like this get attention other landlords are expected to do the same.

This was in response to the UK prime minister declaring it illegal (or something) to kick renters out during the next three months. For this landlord to turn around and basically write a blank cheque for these breeders is not only unnecessary, it's also downright fucking stupid.
April 04, 2020
I'm pretty sure we're gonna see a whole new wave of breeder squatters. I understand giving people a break on the rent when they have no job (I don't know if it's a legal requirement or not right now), but yeah, getting these assholes to start paying again after things start calming back down is going to be hell, and if they've stayed in the apartment for six weeks (I think?), then they can legally squat for free and it'll take fucking forever to evict them.

And yeah, the same courtesy would not be extended to an unchilded couple because obviously people who have no kids are filthy fucking rich and can afford to have no income for a few years! eye rolling smiley Not to mention that doing nice things for breeders results in precisely zero gratitude because they often feel they are owed everything for having kids.
April 05, 2020
I think waiving or suspending rent payments for COVID related job loss is good. The tenants' procreative status should not figure into that calculus, though.

Honestly, landlording is the only type of investment where people expect to constantly make money...other investments go up and down, but housing is seen as different. Not sure what I think of that when it comes down to the people involved.
April 06, 2020
randomcfchick
I think waiving or suspending rent payments for COVID related job loss is good. The tenants' procreative status should not figure into that calculus, though.

It makes far more sense, if you're going to make an offer to only some, that you make it to the good tenants you want to keep. That makes much more sense than procreative status. There are enough shitty tenants out there (also shitty landlords) that if a good landlord has a good tenant, they should try to keep them and work together to find a solution.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login