Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A CF person graduated college and family did not come

Posted by cfdavep 
A CF person graduated college and family did not come
May 11, 2020
ttps://old.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/gh9a9b/my_friend_and_i_graduated_college_but_her_family/

...because a kid graduating kindergarten was more important. One of the commenters said they knew of a kid that had a graduation party at home after sucessfully completing grade 4

Another commenter said that since it is an accounting degree to find a loophole to have them auditted in return
Re: A CF person graduated college and family did not come
May 11, 2020
That is absolutely pathetic. Hope she remembers what they did to her when they come crawling for stuff.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
May 11, 2020
Comment from the link
Your friend deserves a much better family, that is complete crap. I also wonder how long it'll be until they start asking when marriage and/or children will be on the books for her, since they've all made it clear where their screwed up priorities lie. Or are they already doing that and this was an attempt to "punish" her because she put her education and career over being a wife/mother?

You have to wonder about her family. I suspect the comment above might shed some light on why they chose a kindergarten graduation ceremony over hers. Some fundie parents might pull this shit.
May 12, 2020
kman
Comment from the link
Your friend deserves a much better family, that is complete crap. I also wonder how long it'll be until they start asking when marriage and/or children will be on the books for her, since they've all made it clear where their screwed up priorities lie. Or are they already doing that and this was an attempt to "punish" her because she put her education and career over being a wife/mother?

You have to wonder about her family. I suspect the comment above might shed some light on why they chose a kindergarten graduation ceremony over hers. Some fundie parents might pull this shit.

Women are worth nothing to them except as baby pez dispensing machines.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 12, 2020
So many words have lost their meaning because they've been applied to every insignificant thing children do. Kids are "traumatized" from hearing the word no or being spanked. They "graduate" from preschool. Everyone "wins."

Graduation used to be something that you did generally once in your life, sometimes twice - from high school and from college. It was a major achievement that took effort. You don't fucking graduate kindergarten - you PASS kindergarten. Even that shouldn't warrant celebration because it's expected. At this rate, I'll soon be able to say I graduated from the bathroom because I successfully took a shit.

Oh but I'm sure this delightful famblee will be pawing this person for free tax services every April because they have an accounting degree. And free babysitting too, I'm sure, since she "has nothing better to do" because she's not a mommy.
May 13, 2020
addiea raine
That is absolutely pathetic. Hope she remembers what they did to her when they come crawling for stuff.

Or, as one of the commentors mentions, when they start trotting out the old "who's gonna take care of us when we're old?" line.

If it were me, and my family didn't show up to my actual graduation, because of my nieces doing something as utterly trivial as a kindergarten "graduation", I'd cut them all off. No goodbye, no questions, nothing.

The reddit OP's friend is better off without those breeder brained idiots in her life. They'll do nothing but try to leech off her, foist other family member's brats on her, and forever treat her as less-than because she chose an education over Moohood.
May 14, 2020
Not been around for a long time, but nice to be back.

Most Europeans care less about brat-Ustinov ceremonies except university-level accomplishments. Not the case everywhere, but most of the crowd Tony and I know told us that we Americans are too”obsessed” with shit like celebrating such “trivial nonsense”. We could have not agreed more.
May 14, 2020
cfbitchfromla

Most Europeans care less about brat-Ustinov ceremonies except university-level accomplishments. Not the case everywhere, but most of the crowd Tony and I know told us that we Americans are too”obsessed” with shit like celebrating such “trivial nonsense”. We could have not agreed more.

Buh?

cfbitchfromla [ PM ]
Re: Casey Anthony: An ok date for cf men
January 05, 2018
I'm a CF single again after Tony passed away, but there is NO. FUCKING. WAY. I will date some dickhead duhddie wannabe. I'm too fucking old for that shit, and even then, I would go Lorena Bobbitt with an electric knife on the stupid shitbag.
May 16, 2020
cfbitchfromla

Are you in Paris, TX or Paris, France? hysterical laughter Cause I know you're not at L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue bull shitting
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login