Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Social media darling breeders give up kid they made money off of

Posted by kittehpeoples 
Has anybody else seen this? This couple decided to adopt from China and documented the process on social media, accumulating a ton of followers on their monetized videos. They get the boy, who has "special needs" that they say they originally didn't want, but changed their minds. They bring him to the States and he's diagnosed with more problems than were originally disclosed (or so they say). The videos continue, but the adopted kid suddenly disappears from them. Months go by and "fans" start demanding to know what happened to the kid. The parents finally admit they gave him to a different family because they couldn't handle him, suggesting that he was abusing one of their other kids (he was 5 or 6 at that point, it seems).

A YouTuber Placed Her Autistic Adopted Son From China With A New Family — After Making Content With Him For Years

The best part? Apparently those monetized videos are still up.
Re: Social media darling breeders give up kid they made money off of
May 28, 2020
saw something about it somewhere but didn't really bother to read. just another day in the breeder arena

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
May 28, 2020
Eh, seeing how these agencies like to push off severely defective loaves off on adoptive parents, I really can't blame them for getting rid of the little flapper. At least they didn't kill him and blame a black man.

I also don't feel any sympathy for the fools who gave them money.
There have been far too many stories about adoption agencies lying to prospective parents about the severity of the kids' problems. We have no idea how troubled the kid was or what they were told. It's far too easy to criticize the parents without knowing what happened. I'm really stabby reading posts from parents of autism kids braying about what they did with their kids. They don't know what condition this child was in so it's totally irrelevant how your child was treated. Of course in this political climate you're a bigoted xenophobic evil jerk if you so much as suggest maybe the Chinese government was less than forthcoming in an international adoption program.
There have been far too many stories about adoption agencies lying to prospective parents about the severity of the kids' problems. We have no idea how troubled the kid was or what they were told. It's far too easy to criticize the parents without knowing what happened. I'm really stabby reading posts from parents of autism kids braying about what they did with their kids. They don't know what condition this child was in so it's totally irrelevant how your child was treated. Of course in this political climate you're a bigoted xenophobic evil jerk if you so much as suggest maybe the Chinese government was less than forthcoming in an international adoption program.
May 28, 2020
Perhaps all the people who follow them can remember that there is no portrayal of family life on social media which doesn't involve the exploitation of children who cannot meaningfully consent. By consuming the content, they are contributing to all that the children suffer, which at minimum is a loss of privacy. Perhaps they should ask themselves: if nobody was watching, would these people have adopted the child to begin with?
China is having an exploding problem of disabled brats because their climate is shit.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
I don’t doubt that this child was more disabled than what the agency disclosed. As others have pointed out, there are many stories of international adoption agencies trying to pass off severely damaged children as only mildly special needs.

I do fault this family for using YouTube to tell the “truth” about their adoption journey rather than the truth about their adoption journey. They sold a fake bill of goods to others, which could have been especially damaging to other couples that were making a decision on international adoption. It’s basically the same as what the adoption agency did, just on a lesser scale.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
LoveToLurk
I don’t doubt that this child was more disabled than what the agency disclosed. As others have pointed out, there are many stories of international adoption agencies trying to pass off severely damaged children as only mildly special needs.

I absolutely think the agency lied to get the kid adopted. I suspect the couple may have lied about how much they were told, too. I think they were far more unprepared for the experience than they let on, and don't want their (paying) audience to know they adopted a child they weren't ready for.

LoveToLurk
I do fault this family for using YouTube to tell the “truth” about their adoption journey rather than the truth about their adoption journey. They sold a fake bill of good to others, which could have been especially damaging to other couples that were making a decision on international adoption. It’s basically the same as what the adoption agency did, just on a lesser scale.

This is exactly the problem I have with them. I applaud anybody who realizes they aren't the best home for a child and gives them up, knowing they're going to take a societal beating for it-- that is absolutely the right thing to do for everyone involved. But using the child as income, then trying to ignore the fact that he's gone until they're cornered on it? That's the part that's dodgy for me.
May 29, 2020
I don't see what the problem is aside from exploiting the kid publicly online. They already had three damn kids, so I'm assuming they bought a Chinese child to pull a profit via YouTube.

The kid was described as having a "brain tumor" and "brain damage." But...

In actuality, she wrote, Huxley was diagnosed with “having a stroke in utero, has level 3 autism, and sensory processing disorder.”

Yeah, you tell someone that when they go kid shopping, nobody's going to want such a fucked up kid. I mean yes, "brain damage" isn't wrong, but it's a very broad description that is very open to interpretation which the agency will hope that the prospective parents interpret in the most optimistic way possible. This is a tremendously-high needs child who will likely need lifelong care and not just the usual 20-year sentence.

They bought an awtard, realized they couldn't properly handle it and gave him to people who can care for him properly instead of killing the little shit in a 120-degree car and blaming it on "mommy brain." That, or maybe the novelty of an adopted international awtard wore off or wasn't worth the hassle.

“He is a great kid and his condition doesn’t involve that much overall care—all you need is a big heart and practice patience everyday. It’s a different kind of patience,” she wrote.

Oh really now? Is that why you gave him to someone else? I guess you stopped being good at practicing patience! My guess is the fucker was getting extremely violent and was hurting the bio brats and there was no way Moo would stand for her purchased second-hand retard hurting her more important flesh and blood kids, so out he fucking went.

Also, what the fuck kind of a name is "Huxley?" It sounds like men's athletic underwear.
May 29, 2020
I went back and looked at the post on this. Whoever wrote is is OBVIOUSLY not English as a first language. "Not content" was enough to point to this. It doesn't mitigate what these people did, but my guess the exposer is chinese themselves. Not how english speaking people would have described the problem. As such, I find the op about the youtube thing a tad dubious.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
twocents
I went back and looked at the post on this. Whoever wrote is is OBVIOUSLY not English as a first language. "Not content" was enough to point to this. It doesn't mitigate what these people did, but my guess the exposer is chinese themselves. Not how english speaking people would have described the problem. As such, I find the op about the youtube thing a tad dubious.

Are you talking about the link I posted? I didn't see anything that indicated that...I'm not sure what you mean.
May 29, 2020
kitteh, I saw a screenshot of it, and part of the headline said 'not content with'...
I know it was somewhere, but the headline was definitely from a foreign language speaker
just can't tell you where

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

twocents
kitteh, I saw a screenshot of it, and part of the headline said 'not content with'...
I know it was somewhere, but the headline was definitely from a foreign language speaker
just can't tell you where

Ah, okay. smiling smiley
Supposedly the kid was living with a loving foster family in China when these You Tubers happened along.

They absolutely did exploit him, IMO, and are exploiting the rest of their kids too. There's a post out there where the adoptive mother was asking for advice about what kind of disabled kid to adopt internationally that has a disability that sounds difficult to care for but actually isn't that big a deal. They also had a fourth bio kid.

I wonder if they would even have adopted any kid at all or had so many of their own bio kids if they didn't think they could make money on YT from it.
tiredchicken
There's a post out there where the adoptive mother was asking for advice about what kind of disabled kid to adopt internationally that has a disability that sounds difficult to care for but actually isn't that big a deal.

WOW. And then the agency lied to her about the actual extent of the problems, so she wound up with a "big deal" anyway. Serves HER fucking right, and no doubt the kid is actually better off now...but the fact that they're still making money off of that child's back is sleazy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login