Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'm guessing Tim Curry isn't sad about being CF

Posted by kittehpeoples 
I'm guessing Tim Curry isn't sad about being CF
July 07, 2020
Just wandering down memory lane over on youtube and played the Paradise Garage video (a Tim Curry song, for those who don't know). One of the top comments was something along the lines of "I get the feeling he could seduce anyone on the planet." Two of the people responded by bemoaning the fact that he never married and never had kids. Seriously? It's Tim. Fucking. Curry. He's awesomeness embodied. How the hell is it "sad" that he chose not to reproduce? Has his life and career not been enough on their own?

If we could clone him, on the other hand...I might be for that. The world surely needs more Tim Currys. grinning smiley
Re: I'm guessing Tim Curry isn't sad about being CF
July 07, 2020

It's Tim. Fucking. Curry. He's awesomeness embodied. How the hell is it "sad" that he chose not to reproduce? Has his life and career not been enough on their own?

Commenters like that are like crabs in a bucket. They see someone living a fabulous life and want to drag him down.

And apparently is not enough to be awesome and splendid on one's own--one has to saddle himself/herself with crotch fruit and Do Your Duty to HumanityTM.

These mouth-breathers ought to be glad he didn't spawn, because, seriously, when I think of "people who are making a difference in the world," the LAST demographic I think of is "children of celebrities," unless you define "making a difference" as "keeping detox centers in business."

Most of them are entitled and spoiled little shits.
July 07, 2020
kittehpeoples
How the hell is it "sad" that he chose not to reproduce? Has his life and career not been enough on their own?

Apparently not, but as we all know, a person is only worth as much as the creatures they make with their genitals. Someone could be highly accomplished in any imagineable way, but somehow they just aren't good enough because they didn't make any biological xerox copies. Imagine your unique and difficult to achieve accomplishments being second only to the thing every other person in the world can do. God people are fucking dumb.

People don't seem to realize that some people can attribute at least a portion of their success to a lack of children. Not saying that parenthood guarantees failure or childfreedom guarantees success, but it's no secret that having kids holds you back in life.

I've also heard people say what a shame it was that Alan Rickman never reproduced either, which, from what I gather, was more his wife's idea while he seemed to be more of a fencesitter himself. Who knows if he would have even gotten into acting if he was burdened with kids! Following the Life Script like a good sheep could have meant we would have never gotten to see him as Hans Gruber, Dr. Lazarus, Severus Snape, Judge Turpin and the many other roles he played.

Anyway, what this tells me is that Tim Curry has had such a fulfilling life as an entertainer that he didn't see the need to make any brats. Meanwhile, the average person has kids for the sake of fulfillment and they generally wind up immensely disappointed. I know the poor guy had a massive stroke a few years ago, so I don't know how fulfilling life is for him now, but given his appearance in the remake of Rocky Horror, he seems to be getting along about as well as a stroke victim can.
July 07, 2020
The breeders are assuming quite a bit about this man's personal life. Just because he's not married doesn't mean he doesn't have a domestic partner.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 08, 2020
Cambion
Anyway, what this tells me is that Tim Curry has had such a fulfilling life as an entertainer that he didn't see the need to make any brats. Meanwhile, the average person has kids for the sake of fulfillment and they generally wind up immensely disappointed. I know the poor guy had a massive stroke a few years ago, so I don't know how fulfilling life is for him now, but given his appearance in the remake of Rocky Horror, he seems to be getting along about as well as a stroke victim can.

He's apparently mentally sharp, and has verbally cracked knuckles over people speculating he's worse off than he is. Whatever the case, he's still funny. I'd love to hear him rebut someone who looked at him and his life and concluded, "Eh, not good enough. He didn't have kids."

craftyzits
The breeders are assuming quite a bit about this man's personal life. Just because he's not married doesn't mean he doesn't have a domestic partner.

This, too. And you know when they say "sad he never got married" they mean "sad he never got married to a woman because procreation."
July 11, 2020
Tim Curry is Awesome, he doesn't need to breed.

'Nuff said.
July 12, 2020
selidororous
Tim Curry is Awesome, he doesn't need to breed.

'Nuff said.

Preach!
July 12, 2020
Cambion, I think Rickman played the sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood. Practically stole the movie from what I remember.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
July 12, 2020
twocents
Cambion, I think Rickman played the sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood. Practically stole the movie from what I remember.

Haha, yes he did! But he also had such a distinguished presence on camera that he could easily steal any film. Out of all the movies I've seen him star in, his character is always the one I remember the most. Same with Tim Curry - I watch Home Alone 2 and Ferngully just for him/his voice acting.

LOL and as I type this, "Sweet Transvestite" starts playing from my music folder. tongue sticking out smiley
July 13, 2020
Cambion
Out of all the movies I've seen him star in, his character is always the one I remember the most. Same with Tim Curry - I watch Home Alone 2 and Ferngully just for him/his voice acting.

Anybody who can steal scenes from the Muppets has stage presence to spare. grinning smiley
July 16, 2020
Watching Tim in some Youtube clips from "Family Affair" tv remake. He's pretty much the only one I remember from that short-lived series but he really is worth watching in anything he appears in.
July 16, 2020
selidororous
He's pretty much the only one I remember from that short-lived series but he really is worth watching in anything he appears in.

Agreed. He's done some really wretched stuff (that sitcom with Annie Potts springs to mind), but he's always great.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login