Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trashy family steals couple's retirement house

Posted by cfdavep 
Trashy family steals couple's retirement house
September 08, 2020
https://www.yahoo.com/news/french-pensioners-left-homeless-squatters-132657312.html

According to the law in France someone who buys a house has 48 hrs to get into it because if squatters get there first they may be paying for a strangers house.

The couple got the family out, but a "friend" stayed behind and they may never be able to move in.
Re: Trashy family steals couple's retirement house
September 08, 2020
France and their stupid squatter laws. They have been well-known for these laws for over 50 years. There are lots of people who take advantage of the squatter laws in France.

quote from article
Clearly aware of the law, the squatters had been discreetly occupying the villa for more than two days, claimed that a mystery intermediary had given them the keys and had changed the locks.

I'd bet there is an entire industry of "mystery intermediaries" that thrives on this law.

I hope someone moves into the house the former squatters own and they can return home and sleep in their car.
Re: Trashy family steals couple's retirement house
September 09, 2020
I wonder if the law kinda favors squatters in the hopes that the home owner will lose or give up putting welfare types in a house so the gov't has some place to put them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login