Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another COVID-19 whiny article about parunts and work

Posted by freya 
Another COVID-19 whiny article about parunts and work
October 26, 2020
In case you hadn't heard: parunting during COVID-19 is harrrdd.

Working and parunting are at odds for many reasons: newsflash!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/27/upshot/coronavirus-exposes-workplace-truths.html

Comments have the usual plethora of opinions:
"I'm doing the world and economy a big favor by breeding becuz childrun futurrr! For this tremendous service we provide we need free: childcare, insurance, healthcare at someone else's expense! Where is the Easter bunny?"
"Having childrun is a choice."
"You should have (suggests rewrite for published story which likely tells her/his POV instead of the author's choice)"
"It takes a village (and the taxes from each) to raise spawn"
"Who will take care of you in your old age?"
"I have no time to myself...because brats"

This guy in particular is off his rocker:
Nutty McNutternuts
In every other species nature’s imperative is to successfully bring the parent’s replacements into the world. Indeed, the most universally enjoyed roll of adult humans throughout the world is the creation and care of children. That has been our central preoccupation for hundreds of millennia until the arrival of modern capitalism. The fact that our society is no longer centered around this most beautiful and satisfying pursuit does not bode well for the future of civilization nor for our species in general.

Childrearing is universally enjoyed? A beautiful and satisfying pursuit?
Re: Another COVID-19 whiny article about parunts and work
October 27, 2020
Is there anyway you could paste in the article text? It’s not available without a paid subscription. Thanks!
October 27, 2020
freya

This guy in particular is off his rocker:
Nutty McNutternuts
In every other species nature’s imperative is to successfully bring the parent’s replacements into the world. Indeed, the most universally enjoyed roll of adult humans throughout the world is the creation and care of children. That has been our central preoccupation for hundreds of millennia until the arrival of modern capitalism. The fact that our society is no longer centered around this most beautiful and satisfying pursuit does not bode well for the future of civilization nor for our species in general.

Childrearing is universally enjoyed? A beautiful and satisfying pursuit?

Read his name "Nutty McNutternuts" again and know the truth.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 28, 2020
ehartsay
Is there anyway you could paste in the article text? It’s not available without a paid subscription. Thanks!

Sure!

Article summary

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I have to parent the children I created!! says the moo.

Me Neanderthal, Ugga Buuga dick works, I pump and dump, childcare isn't my job! says the duh.

How's that? hysterical laughter

Check your PM. I put a copy/paste of the article there smiling smiley
October 29, 2020
Thanks!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login