Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More from the "couldn't do this if we had kids" files

Posted by kittehpeoples 
More from the "couldn't do this if we had kids" files
November 20, 2020
Found out yesterday about the release of Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge. Star Wars+Disney+video gaming=happy kittehpeoples! So we impulse bought an Oculus Quest 2. And as I was unboxing it and we were sorting through the instructions, I was struck again that this was yet another freedom we wouldn't have if we weren't CF.
Re: More from the "couldn't do this if we had kids" files
November 21, 2020
Hey, let us know how you like it...

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
November 21, 2020
Whoohoo! Enjoy your new gizmo! smiling smiley

I'm a horrible impulse buyer, but my weakness is makeup and skincare. I buy so much shit to throw at my face on a regular basis and I fully intend to buy myself about $200 worth of new makeup and skincare items as a Christmas gift to myself (already got a head start with two new eyeshadow palettes) when the Black Friday sales start. This is why I don't set foot in animal shelters - I love cats and I know how "I'm just gonna look" usually turns out with me.

Or you know how some people go on about how they had kids in order to relive their childhoods? I relived mine recently, but without breeding. I had an itch to play one of my favorite N64 games from when I was a kid, so I dusted off the N64 and I've been playing it uninterrupted every night the last week or so. Imagine that, you can enjoy childhood nostalgia without making an entirely new human being!

But oh woe is me, I could be spending that money on diapers and onesies instead of on things I want, and I could be creating precious moments being thrown up on and pissed on by an infant instead of wasting time on games. My life is so empty and meaningless. bawling eye rolling smiley
November 21, 2020
Something like this just today. I had to go to Rite Aid for a prescription, that's nothing to be excited about, but on the way in there was an older couple who was miserable, carrying out multiple packets of Huggies (never just one with breeders) and yelling at each other. Perhaps they got stuck taking care of their grandkids? Come to think about it, I have never seen anyone happy about taking home disposable diapers.
November 21, 2020
Maybe the Huggies were being purchased because they were out of Depends due to panic buying.
November 21, 2020
Woo hoo and the best thing of all is that actually have time to play the game without interruptions.
November 21, 2020
Digging it so far, twocents! And as bell_flower says, no interruptions from crotch goblins. It's a little weird to be in a firefight with space pirates and suddenly have something invisible, warm and furry get in your lap and start rubbing on your head, though. The cats have no respect for gaming time, but I don't mind it from them nearly as much as I would if they were kids. grinning smiley
November 22, 2020
The last couple of weeks has been an exhausting flurry of autumn projects relating to advancing my gardening / landscaping causes.

I chose to over- do my activity level to the point of exhaustion because we have a narrowing window of potential workable weather (and short daylight) before winter shuts that all down.

I managed to accomplish a list of near-miraculous projects that will make a big difference at almost every level.

It would not have been able to have the time, energy or focus if I had a kid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login