Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Parents using the sailing club to humble brag

Posted by cfdavep 
Parents using the sailing club to humble brag
October 19, 2020
My DH and I got ourselves and our sailboat into the local sailing club last spring to escape public boat launch hell. We get emails from there a couple times a week about races and other info.

This morning some couple at at the club got the club to send out a mass emal that their special sprog, Ian is going to be on The Voice on NBC. I had no idea what The Voice is since I really don't use the tv outside of MASH reruns, exercise vids and music vids.

I literally thought The Voice was some NPR thing where the kid was going to talk about sailing and then I looked it up and it is something like American Idol. So I guess as long as you are a parent at the club and your kid is trying to get rich and famous then the rest of us strangers need to know for some humble bragging. I considered emailing back and asking "Is this a thing where people are interviewed about sailing" or "Well if he ends up rich and famous his yacht will be too big for the lake"

Anyway if you are a parent you are allowed to use the club for your own personal announcements. I doubt anyone else would be able to do that
Re: Parents using the sailing club to humble brag
October 19, 2020
But of course parents can hijack everything for their own bullshit reasons.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 19, 2020
Well, we all know how parunts think that their kids are going to be professional athletes, rock stars or famous.

Congrats on the sailing club cfdavep, sounds fun!
November 27, 2020
Sounds more like a classic brag, not a humble brag. A humble brag would be “Our house has become so quiet and empty. We really miss our kid who is away auditioning on the Voice.”
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login