Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Raise my children for me for $13 an hour!

Posted by Cambion 
Raise my children for me for $13 an hour!
November 20, 2020
This has been making rounds.This delightful creature wants a "nanny" who will care for two kids every day, get the off to school, feed them, drive them to activities, tutor them as well as take care of the house pets, do the grocery shopping and cooking for the whole family, "light" chores and laundry and run family errands. Must be available during the day, Monday through Friday, weekends, holidays and must also be on call.

They also want someone who has 2+ years of nannying experience, a bachelor's degree, someone who is bilingual and has their own vehicle to perform all these errands with and without fuel compensation or payment for wear and tear on the vehicle.

This magical experience could be yours for the generous price of $13 an hour. Motherfucker I sit on my ass all day making pictures and I make $11 an hour and I get insurance, at least.

So what the fuck are the parents doing while they pay some dumb sap a shit wage to raise their kids for them?

Screen shot of the original ad:

Re: Raise my children for me for $13 an hour!
November 20, 2020
She's $13.80 /hr shy of what she should pay. Most Pediatric nurses start at $26.80 / hr. Plus insurance Paid Time off and education benefits (Reimburse 80% if grade B or above. ) Add in extras like money per paycheck for gym memberships, 401K matches, shift differentials (up to $5.00 hour for work after 7:00 PM) , additional pay for specialty certifications.

I'm sure she'll find someone to take it because there are worse offers out there.

That's some cheap ass shit. Sadly it's not surprising. Any jobs involving working with kids tend to pay shit wages. Teaching is about the highest paying in that department, and at least has benefits, time off, union protection, etc.
Nannying, child care, coaching, etc pay fuck-all.

One helicopter mom I know was looking for a sitter and had similar expectations. They wanted age 25+, educated, experienced, able to commit to being their go-to sitter for the foreseeable future....but only a few mid-day hours per week, and at about minimum wage. So
short, awkward hours for little pay...not compatible with the credentials they wanted at all. Naturally they couldn't get any candidates.

People are stupid.
November 21, 2020
I keep hearing these stories. Are breeders this entitled? I might as well ask it, hopefully I will see some for myself. I don't doubt the story, it is just mind boggling.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
November 21, 2020
I am certain that this cunt will have some takers as there are a lot of desperate Americans out there.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
November 21, 2020
Breeders have been doing this forever. I live in the South, and it was pretty common in the 1960's and 1970's for upper class women to have poorly paid hired help (minorities) to raise their kids. My sister married Old Money, and her husband was essentially raised by a black woman while his mom did her country club and volunteer activities. Many of his peers were raised like this.

I do have one story from my childhood about cheap ass Breeders. My father worked for a fortune 500 company that was still family owned at that time. The president of the company thought he was hot shit and he had all the trappings: young bride from a European country who was 20 years younger*, big fancy house on the river, luxury cars, etc. Back then it was pretty common for parents to leave their kids and go on vacation. Acapulco was a popular destination.

Anyway, the guy and his wife went on a two week trip to Mexico and left their kids with a 16 or 17 year old nanny from South America.
(Because rich asshole Breeders loved to exploit illegal immigrants then and they still love to do it now.) The nanny lost track of one of the kids, a toadler that got in the river and drowned. This poor young woman spoke very little English and there was a huge time delay in calling the police or getting help.

There was universal pity for these Breeders at the company, much like hot car deaths now. I remember hearing my mom talk about it. My mom was like, excuse me, what is wrong with these people? They have MONEY and this is what they select to watch their kids while they are OUT OF THE COUNTRY for two weeks? If poor people had done this, they would have been rightfully arrested for negligence.

Interestingly, there was an article about their fancy house in a local magazine not long ago, and it mentions "a son who died in infancy" but does not mention he drowned due to their negligence.

*My mom and this woman ended up at the same retirement community. I saw her there a few months ago. Because she's a big donor, she uses the retirement center's fleet of cars like a personal taxi service. I have observed her ordering people around. For all her money, she looks pretty bad now.
November 21, 2020
randomcfchick
That's some cheap ass shit. Sadly it's not surprising. Any jobs involving working with kids tend to pay shit wages.

Which strikes me as hilarious because if children are our future and our most precious resource (according to their handlers, at least), then should we not pay those tasked with their care FAR more to ensure their safety and well-being? Apparently it's only mommies themselves who deserve that six figure income they gripe about deserving every Mother's Day and not pretend mommies. But then I'm also referring to the people who will abandon their kids in the toy aisle at WalMart in order to have a more peaceful shopping experience.

On top of that, I'm sure that list also has a hidden, but presumed clause that makes every single aspect of domestic life the nanny's job, even if it's not listed. Kinda like my old job that had job requirements clearly laid out and then "or any other tasks we deem necessary" in the fine print so they could get away with making me do shit that wasn't my job.

twocents
I keep hearing these stories. Are breeders this entitled? I might as well ask it, hopefully I will see some for myself. I don't doubt the story, it is just mind boggling.

Entitled and/or delusional. I wish I could say I'm shocked, but I know breeder entitlement knows exactly zero boundaries. I'm amazed they're offering money at all since most breeders seem to think their children are terrestrial deities and that the experience of taking part in their upbringing is more than reward enough.
November 22, 2020
No matter how much money you have, if you don't want to be around your own children and do most of the parenting and care yourself, exactly why did you have them?

Well-to-do people don't just rely on nannies or au pairs. They will send the kids to summer camp all summer; we had a recent thread on that. Or boys will be sent to military boarding schools. That option was more popular in the past. Girls who are old enough (mid-teens) will be sent to take care of relatives' kids full-time. I know of one family doing that with their high school–aged daughter every summer. She lives with those relatives and cares for their rugrats.

Lots of people with $$$ just don't seem to want to take care of their own offspring. If we're talking about normal kids who haven't been in trouble, it makes you wonder why.
November 22, 2020
Warning: this article is not for the faint of heart:
https://www.rollingstone.com/feature/the-poorest-rich-kids-in-the-world-80712/

This loser had kids only so the charity wouldn't get the money. He treated them accordingly. Apparently, having money (even if you don't spend it on basic necessities such as food) speaks volumes to CPS.

I personally knew one guy who was a disgraced trust fund baby, his parents dangled the trust fund carrot in his face in exchange for him "growing up" and having a baybee. Because baybees are the magic that make men wake up and become mature and loving duhs overnight.sarcastic clapping I don't know if this actually transpired (the opening of the trust fund) but I told him to never tell another living soul about this deal. I wouldn't have trusted his parunts if I were him. They'd taken the gold pot away from him once and I'm highly skeptical all is forgiven with a baybee.

About eighteen months later, he had a baybee, a second from another woman on the way and was in my living room professing his love for me. I just stared at him. I'm not dating him. Just ran into him randomly. Guess he couldn't keep his mouth shut.
January 02, 2021
I'm actually surprised they are offering that much. I've seen so many examples of parents with the same list of demands but only wanting to pay something like $1-$2 an hour.
January 11, 2021
freya, that guy you ran into and spouted that...I'm beginning to wonder if this prolific breeding with different sows is a way of rubbing his parents noses into it. and an 'aita' where a guy has a wife that is taking memememe shows to a new level.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login