Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Guy sues over toadler noise

Posted by cfdavep 
Guy sues over toadler noise
January 13, 2021
https://www.straight.com/news/bc-condo-owner-wins-2000-damages-for-noises-by-neighbours-toddler

Interesting
Re: Guy sues over toadler noise
January 13, 2021
I saw that... hhahahhahahahahha. stupid ass pahrunts. maybe if they were hung up by their gonads they might think twice before the 'it's juuust a toooaaalerrr'

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 13, 2021
I blame the builders of the apartments/condos. There needs to be sound proofing between floors.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 14, 2021
More people should do this. It might give breeders an incentive to actually try to shut their kids up instead of just ignoring them. If someone chooses to have kids, the side effects of breeding should affect only the parents, so when brat noises begin disturbing people who are not in charge of the offending child, it should be treated as any other noise complaint. Yeah yeah, it's "just a chiiiild," but it's also fucking loud.

Article
Tran later claimed before a B.C. Civil Resolution Tribunal that the father vowed to make more noise if she continued to complain.

Oh good, I'm glad the child's sperm donor is a rational, mature person.

Article
The residents, who are renting the unit above Tran, claimed that the woman was invading their privacy by making noise complaints.

LOL, that's adorable. Your privacy becomes public when other people can hear it, asshole.

Article
“The tenants also say they do their best to limit noise by having area rugs, limiting their toddler’s use of certain toys in the mornings, and taking him out in the afternoons when they do not work (Wednesdays and Saturdays),” Carmody wrote.

Well guess what? Your best isn't good enough if your child is still making enough noise to disturb the neighbors.

Here's something landlords could do: every time a tenant's loud brat disturbs a neighbor, the neighbor will receive a discount on their cost of living (rent, utilites, etc.) which the offending breeder tenants will have to pay. If their precocious little dumplings are going to make enough racket to disturb others in their own homes, then breeders can pay a child tax. Might make them learn to shut their kids up better.

Article
For example, she made 117 entries on August 15, 2020 for “noise disturbances ranging from less than 5 seconds to more than 1 minute”.

On September 19, Tran made 180 entries on her log.

That's just from one single day. I can see why she complained. Meanwhile, I'm sure if this lady made any noise that roused the breeders or their spawn from sleep, they wouldn't hesitate to complain about her.

Article
The tribunal member also directed the strata to pay Tran $2,306.03, broken down $2,000 in damages; $81.03 in prejudgment interest; and $225.00 in tribunal fees.

Good, serves them right. The woman tried to be civil and asked if they'd keep their brat quiet and not only did they refuse, but Duh got shitty with her about it. Maybe this will teach the fuckers a lesson and make them try harder to keep their brat still and quiet. But still, if I were the lady in question, I'd be on my toes with these people. Someone who feels that having a noise complaint made against them is a violation of their privacy is the kind of person who would absolutely seek revenge when the jilted neighbor "steals" their money in court.
January 14, 2021
There are buildings so badly built that the quietest sound can be heard by the neighbors.

I lived in such an apartment, and I was getting complaints by the neighbors if I did ANYTHING at all. I could not so much as turn on the TV on the lowest sound level. Of course, the neighbor and her husband had screaming fights that the next building could easily hear.

Furthermore, I later found out the woman had a hole in her wall where there was an opening to my apartment. This was next to their bed. The landlord would not do anything but tell me to be silent; as in not walk, not cut vegetables, or even shower. Eventually my neighbor moved because the landlord wouldn't do her job and fix the problem.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 17, 2021
Well, if the building was to blame, wouldn't you think that other people in there would've had similar problems? Why make excuses for this on a site with CF people?
I'm pretty sure a moo site would be more accepting of blaming the building rather than the moo and her obviously loud kid.
Otherwise I don't think this person would've won a cent if she wasn't responsible.
January 17, 2021
craftyzits
There are buildings so badly built that the quietest sound can be heard by the neighbors.

I lived in such an apartment, and I was getting complaints by the neighbors if I did ANYTHING at all. I could not so much as turn on the TV on the lowest sound level. Of course, the neighbor and her husband had screaming fights that the next building could easily hear.

Furthermore, I later found out the woman had a hole in her wall where there was an opening to my apartment. This was next to their bed. The landlord would not do anything but tell me to be silent; as in not walk, not cut vegetables, or even shower. Eventually my neighbor moved because the landlord wouldn't do her job and fix the problem.

Is there any chance at all you could pause before posting ***to a childfree forum*** to examine if your post is being 'a breeder defender '?
Posts such as this one give me a migraine similar to that of noisy breeders and I am fed up with it.
Repeatedly defending Breeder behaviour feels very similar to breaking Rule #4 Breeder Bingo.
Defending Breeders (over other people) should be a very rare thing on a ***childfree board*** in my opinion.

In this particular (original) Noisy Breeders case- it so glaringly obvious that the noise complaint had repeated validity, therefore no need to defend or justify breeder bullshit.
January 17, 2021
cassia
craftyzits

Is there any chance at all you could pause before posting ***to a childfree forum*** to examine if your post is being 'a breeder defender '?
Posts such as this one give me a migraine similar to that of noisy breeders and I am fed up with it.
Repeatedly defending Breeder behaviour feels very similar to breaking Rule #4 Breeder Bingo.
Defending Breeders (over other people) should be a very rare thing on a ***childfree board*** in my opinion.

In this particular (original) Noisy Breeders case- it so glaringly obvious that the noise complaint had repeated validity, therefore no need to defend or justify breeder bullshit.

No, I was sharing an experience, not offering up a bingo. I am as big a complainer about breeders as anyone here, but I also know first hand how shoddy some apartments can be. Maybe I didn't read the entire page of posts as carefully as I should as it was late when I responded. However, the CFer did get financial compensation for either bad apartment or loud toadler (I've experience with that latter too) however he will need to keep on top of both, as I think it may be possible he had both (bad apartment, bad neighbor).

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 18, 2021
I think you're a breeder pleaser. Nearly every time you post, you come up with some ridiculous explanation as to why breeders aren't to blame.
Take that crap to a moo board. They'll love you for it.
ETA: You might want to change your siggy to "Passive Aggressive Master of dumb breeder excuses"
January 18, 2021
mumofsixbirds
I think you're a breeder pleaser. Nearly every time you post, you come up with some ridiculous explanation as to why breeders aren't to blame.
Take that crap to a moo board. They'll love you for it.
ETA: You might want to change your siggy to "Passive Aggressive Master of dumb breeder excuses"

You are an unobservant person.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 18, 2021
Actually, I am an observant person. Very much so about noise and privacy. I've lived in apartments nearly my whole life.

I am well aware of old buildings with noises. The last one I lived in had pipes banging so loud in the walls that I couldn't sleep at night without ear plugs.

It is because noise can travel so easily in these places that neighbors have an obligation to respect the people around them.

The toadlers dad reacted in a totally inappropriate way that smacks of breeder entitlement. He said they will make MORE noise as retaliation for the complaint.

You of all people should understand how noise can negatively impact others if it is constant and unrelenting.

I think you are a provocateur and you like to stir the pot.
January 18, 2021
mumofsixbirds
Actually, I am an observant person. Very much so about noise and privacy. I've lived in apartments nearly my whole life.

I am well aware of old buildings with noises. The last one I lived in had pipes banging so loud in the walls that I couldn't sleep at night without ear plugs.

It is because noise can travel so easily in these places that neighbors have an obligation to respect the people around them.

The toadlers dad reacted in a totally inappropriate way that smacks of breeder entitlement. He said they will make MORE noise as retaliation for the complaint.

You of all people should understand how noise can others if it is constant and unrelenting.

I think you are a provocateur and you like to stir the pot.

I was pointing my gun at the landlord, yes that is true. Are there discrimination laws regarding famblies where this CFer lives? Landlords who want to avoid breeders in the USA have to get very creative to do so.

However, I do not think that toadlers or children have any business in apartments either. The reason they are in apartments is due to the naked greed of many landlords and the idiocy of breeder families not realizing just how inappropriate an apartment would be for their family. Discrimination laws need to be tweaked in order for a decent quality of life for all.

Hopefully this lawsuit will put a damper on greed, and on idiots who insist on inhabiting apartments with toadlers. I hope this toadler's father will have to pay out some $$$ as well. Money is the language spoken by many, and this CFer did make his point in language universal.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 20, 2021
Mumofsixbirds, I do not think you are unobservant, because I have noticed the same. Just in responses to my own posts: parents that allows their elementary schooler to crap on the neighbor’s lawn (the kid could have a medical condition, so it might not have been the parents’ fault), an absentee father who was not around when the mother abandons a kid and the dog in the middle of nowhere (family courts discriminate against fathers, so it might not have been his fault), and a woman who starts fights with family members after having a miscarriage (late miscarriages are traumatic, so her behavior might not be her fault).

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
January 20, 2021
A landlord once told me that he would LOVE to deny kids under 18 in his apartments, but due to parents being a "protected class" there is no way that can be a reality without a lawsuit.
With single moos it is even worse. Anyone who discriminates against trashy single moos is really in for a lawsuit. Landlords have to find sneaky ways to keep them out like references from other apartment buildings and serious credit checks.
Landlords just have to accept them sometimes and deal with horrible damage due to trashy kids, boyfriends, drug addiction. Scary stuff
January 20, 2021
I'm glad I'm not a landlord

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 21, 2021
cfdavep
A landlord once told me that he would LOVE to deny kids under 18 in his apartments, but due to parents being a "protected class" there is no way that can be a reality without a lawsuit.
With single moos it is even worse. Anyone who discriminates against trashy single moos is really in for a lawsuit. Landlords have to find sneaky ways to keep them out like references from other apartment buildings and serious credit checks.
Landlords just have to accept them sometimes and deal with horrible damage due to trashy kids, boyfriends, drug addiction. Scary stuff

My parents owned a couple (small) properties for a bit and did manage to filter out tenants just by virtue of doing the selecting themselves. A property management did the background checks, handled financial stuff, etc for them...but after they were screened, applicants were reviewed by mom and dad. They always found reasons to pass on people. Credit, employment, references, etc. were indeed the handy excuses they needed, just as you said. They tended toward single professionals, families with one or two older kids and excellent references, or senior couples.

I think larger, professionally-managed properties (apartment complexes and the like) have a harder time dodging families with minor children.

I live on a first-floor condo we bought over a decade ago. A few different people have moved in and out of the unit directly above us, and we've had almost zero problems with kid noises from the childed ones. The current upstairs neighbors have two kids and are def PNB-- *very* aware that they have downstairs neighbors and are training their kids to be considerate. I ran into far, far more kid-noise problems when renting! There's gotta be a mindset that goes with condos vs. apartments.
January 22, 2021
I think being able to outright refuse to rent to parents used to be acceptable. I found an old newspaper tucked in my desk at home from 1988 I think, and every single apartment for rent ad said "no children allowed." No tiptoeing around it - just flat out no kids are coming in here. I don't know when that became unacceptable.

We've also become far more child-centric since then, but still, I think landlords should be able to refuse to rent to someone because they have brats. It's their fucking property, so it should be entirely up to them who they allow to live there. There's a very high probability that you're asking for trouble renting to breeders - drama, fights between both kids and spouses, constant noise (and complaints from neighbors about it), screaming, not to mention the damage a child is capable of doing to the property that no security deposit will ever cover.

I wish we could have special low-rent breeder apartment complexes where they can just wreck the place with their shenanigans and piss-poor parenting and everyone can scream and fight in the same building. That way, maybe they'll leave the good apartments for the unchilded. We have apartments exclusively for seniors, so why not apartments exclusively for breeders? I'd be all for keeping the cattle in the same pen. I assume it's not a thing because the costs of constantly repairing all the damage done by horrible brats and domestic violence wouldn't be worth keeping the tenants, but then they'd report the landlord for not fixing all that shit.

Meanwhile, good fucking luck finding someone who will rent to a pet owner. I know animals can make messes too, but you show me a cat or dog that will color on all the walls with a marker or that will irreparably clog the toilet by flushing a drawerful of socks down it. I'm sure there are ways to avoid renting to breeders, but landlords have to be sneaky about it, much like how you can't outright fire or not hire someone for being a breeder, but there are ways to mask the truth and get away with it.
January 22, 2021
My parents and I temporarily moved to another state for the first half of 1981. I was 10 at the beginning of the year. We had trouble finding a place to rent because nearly all the listings said no children. We ended up renting a house from a couple with 2 small kids who had left the place filthy. We had to hire a maid service to clean it.

I was old enough to behave and not wreck the place, but I know I was more destructive when I was younger. It's understandable people would not want to rent to someone with a toddler. Add to that multiple brats, negligent breeders who don't care how they behave, and some kids who are just extra bratty, and you have a recipe for disaster.
January 22, 2021
You made me curious, so I did some digging. "Familial status", meaning families with children, became a protected class in 1988 in the Fair Housing Act. A study for Congress had showed that 25% of apartment complexes banned kyds.

On top of that, I think in some localities certain landlords are now required to accept Section 8 (welfare, = British council housing) tenants. More kyds to deal with...
January 22, 2021
Cambion, I don't think they use very good materials in building welfare breeding pens. Or even well put together. Most of these projects are taxpayer funded and the contractors are going to cut every corner possible.
I had to have been in my teens and was watching the news with my mother. (This was 2 separate news shows). first was some sow complaining about having to stuff 'fo'teen chillun in one room'. (thought at time, why in hell did you have 'fo'teen chillun'). Next, a week or so later, they profiled a welfare breeding pen stack unit (apartments) that had been brand new 6 months previous and were being condemned. Place was a nightmare. Residents blamed outsiders (reality: the residents there were responsible for 90% of damage.) So, mixed conclusions on that.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 22, 2021

I wish we could have special low-rent breeder apartment complexes where they can just wreck the place with their shenanigans and piss-poor parenting and everyone can scream and fight in the same building.

Before twocents' comment, I was just going to wade in and say this does exist, and it's usually Section 8 or public housing. And while I've voted democratic on some issues for most of my life, my exposure to the Section 8 program (and H4H to some extent, although at least it's a private endeavor) has made me want to vote Republican on public or Government assisted housing because I've seen firsthand what a wasteful disaster these programs are. It's a pretty basic economic concept that when given goods by the government, whether in the form of housing or food stamps, people will consume more than they need or they will not treat it with the same reverence if they actually owned the asset. (Not to mention the potential for fraud, like food stamps.)

In the 1980's I dated a guy who made money flipping houses before it was cool. He made a tidy sum of money on Section 8 housing. Here is a typical example: He bought a house at a discount that had been wrecked by Section 8 tenants, fixed it up, and then sold it back to the Government at a higher price. The government rented it to a single Moo with a bunch of brats. They started putting stuff down the kitchen sink and it became clogged. A homeowner would not treat his/her home like that. There are other options such as: installing a disposal or simply using a trash can and not throwing shit down the sink where it doesn't belong.

But that would require some effort, so this Moo and her brats just kept using the sink. The water overflowed, ran down the cabinets and into the floor and subfloor, where it rotted. They treated other parts of the house similarly and were eventually evicted. Because he knew the house was structurally sound, Guy bought the house at a deep discount again, and flipped it for a profit.

In another example, he flipped a house where some parunts could not be arsed to properly dispose of their diapers, so they just cut a hole in the floor and threw the diapers into the basement. After they were evicted Guy bought the house at a foreclosure. Cleaning out the basement required HazMat suits, respirators, etc. SO NASTY. But eventually since the neighborhood was becoming gentrified, he was able to sell it at a profit.

The Government wastes so much money on situations like this. I say, get the government out of the real estate business; give people cash and let them manage their own housing. Maybe they will treat their living quarters better if they are actually paying for it.
January 22, 2021
bell_flower

But that would require some effort, so this Moo and her brats just kept using the sink. The water overflowed, ran down the cabinets and into the floor and subfloor, where it rotted. They treated other parts of the house similarly and were eventually evicted. Because he knew the house was structurally sound, Guy bought the house at a deep discount again, and flipped it for a profit.

My landlord of the government housing (we are housed by a government clinic for severely mentally ill) requires us to buy kitchen sink strainers that catch the food and let the water flow on by. They cost about $5-8 bucks. We also bought three bathroom sink strainers for our three bathroom sinks. (One bathroom has two sinks from the days a family lived here.)

The smokers cannot smoke in the house as that is banned on pain of eviction, so we created a little smoker's lounge in the driveway. The cigarette butts go into a used coffee can that has a rock in it to weigh it down. We are all four child-free so that may explain why we keep our house in such good order.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 25, 2021
One program that could work in our area is that we have a large VA hospital that is now abandoned. When it was built in the early 1950s the architects were smart - most of the place have ceramic bricks up the wall to about 6 feet and the floors are polished concrete and the ceramic bricks curve to the floor. That way, if a disabled veteran has an "accident" you just wipe it right up, no harm done. These could be converted into breeder housing. Any housing for breeders with children could be built this way. It's hard to do any damage and probably would not cost much more. The old Breed Hills high school was built this way, but the new one has sharp edges so I guess when they are teenagers we let them crack their heads open? Oh, and any place like this has to have birth control pills, morning after pills, and condoms in the management office free to anyone.

Here's a tip if you have rental property - Always have a Kohler cast iron bathtub and ceramic tile. It's the only type of tub that tenants cannot damage. It also helps with tile if there is a double layer of Hardibacker behind it too, it cannot be kicked in.

As for the Pamper in the basement, I cannot believe the ways breeders find ways to hide Pampers, only to have them "reappear" at the worst times for people without the kids.
January 25, 2021
I know section 8 housing is a thing, but I didn't know if it was exclusively for breeders and their spawn or if it was just for poor people on the dole in general. Besides, giving parents their own place where no one besides parents are allowed to live might make them feel more like the special snowflakes they believe they are. Or not - parents do seem to love going after the one or two things that are specifically not for them in the face of the one million things that are for them and I'm sure they'd fight tooth and nail to get into a no-children building because the ones inhabited by the other breeders are complete dumps and they want a nice clean apartment to wreck.

My old dorm was a converted parking garage with motherfucking concrete floors and windows that did not open. That would be the perfect place to store breeder scum because they couldn't damage the place if they tried, and I guarantee that building is for sale because the school I went to closed permanently. The rooms are pretty sizeable too - they could easily house some of the larger welfare broods that broke fuckers often love making. And it's within eyeshot of the county jail too, for when one or both parents inevitably break the law.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login