Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Grandfather accidentally drops kid off cruise ship

Posted by cfdavep 
Grandfather accidentally drops kid off cruise ship
July 09, 2019
https://news.yahoo.com/family-speaks-following-toddlers-royal-144900598.html

The grandfather said that he thought there was glass in front of him just like at the hockey rinks, but here it just turned out to be open air when the kid took a header.
The parunts have a lawyer on speed dial and the cruise line will end up paying for not being prepared for this family personally for what looks like a freak accident or a grandparent starting to get dementia
Re: Grandfather accidentally drops kid off cruise ship
July 09, 2019
Ok. I was on a cruise ship a couple of years ago, and there's NO WAY you wouldn't know that. The wind from the boat moving is obvious, and even if the boat isn't moving, it is all clearly marked.
July 09, 2019
So another dumbass puts a young child above the safety railing and the kid predictably falls. I know that the upcoming lawsuit will be successful because dead baby, but I wish breeders would instead get held responsible for disregarding the safety barriers put in place.

But if this starts encouraging more cruise lines to ban children, then we’ll chalk that up to a win. Children are nothing but walking liabilities.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
July 09, 2019
"Why in the world would you leave a window open in an entire glass wall full of windows in a kid's area?"

Why would you put a kid on a railing 150 feet in the air?
July 19, 2019
So the grandfather decided in his head there is glass without reaching his hand out to touch and validate his hunch. Because that would have been too much work. Did he plan to hit the kid on the glass? Yet all this didn't prevent him from picking up a kid, which is more work than reaching out his hand to make sure there is glass.

I can see it now. "Desperate" famblees start figuring out which kid to sacrifice in the name of dumbness and society responds by awarding them millions of dollars. There will be an increased amount of kids falling into zoo pits, falling off highways, cliffs, etc.
July 19, 2019
freya
Did he plan to hit the kid on the glass?

He planned on her to bang on the glass-- like she did at hockey games. Sounds like a lovely family.
July 19, 2019
I think this was a PNA. You would literally have to be a fucking socket licker to not know there was no glass there. Plus side, Viking Cruises banned children. More expensive but a hellava lot nicer.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
July 20, 2019
second vote for on purpose or dementia. Never been on a cruise but how could you not know that? If a family member is so precious to you why would you even mess around like that?

benevolent Anti-natalist, pro-abortion, pro-smut, anti-sleeze, eat the rich, fuck childbirth. pro-black, lgbtqia? Cool. *thumbs up*
July 21, 2019
moonmoonthegreat
second vote for on purpose or dementia. Never been on a cruise but how could you not know that? If a family member is so precious to you why would you even mess around like that?

Third vote. I've only been to the ocean a few times, but it was always windy. Shouldn't he have felt a breeze, especially that high up? Wouldn't you know the area you were in was open to the outside? I really hope it was senility...that seems the kinder explanation, sadly. But of course the family would never admit that, because that doesn't make them any money.
July 21, 2019
I think it may have been dementia, but then why would the parents trust a person with dementia to look after their kid for even a second? I also considered the possibility that the grandparents were regularly tapped for 'free babysitting' and maybe this was his way of getting rid of the problem.

There is just NO WAY a person couldn't know that the area wasn't glassed in. The wind, as well as multiple warning signs of danger posted everywhere, makes it nearly impossible to not know that.
I'll take drunk, senile & stupid for the win. thinks someone else is crazy

Cruise ships are death traps as far as I'm concerned... so many people fall off/go missing/get drugged due to the questionable "international waters" law aspect. But it also seems people lose their fucking minds on these big boats as well. I'd like to see a picture of where she fell off because I'm having a hard time imagining it...or seeing how it's the cruise line's fault.
July 23, 2019
addiea raine
I think this was a PNA. You would literally have to be a fucking socket licker to not know there was no glass there. Plus side, Viking Cruises banned children. More expensive but a hellava lot nicer.

Why would cruises have to be more expensive after banning children? It should work the other way. Banning children rids you of a huge liability, and the cruise lines have to cater to children when they are there, causing the lines to lose money.

Agreed about this being a PNA. Grandpa's excuse is as daft as the excuse the woman whose baby "fell" into a cheetah enclosure at a zoo gave a few years ago. (We discussed it here. Cheetahs had no interest in the baby, baby survived, moo faced charges.)
July 23, 2019
mumofsixbirds
There is just NO WAY a person couldn't know that the area wasn't glassed in. The wind, as well as multiple warning signs of danger posted everywhere, makes it nearly impossible to not know that.

I said the same about the wind but hadn't caught that you mentioned that before I did, sorry! It really seems like the wind or the smell or something would have indicated the space was open air. If gramps truly didn't know, he was paying poor enough attention that he shouldn't have been caring for a toddler.
July 23, 2019
I just googled the cheetah incident to refresh my memory (lurking breeders, take note: if you're going to PNA via big cat, cheetahs should not be your first choice...maybe try mountain lion next time). I did not recall that the dropper was the assistant director of a daycare-- breeding makes you such a great person! And did anyone else remember her punishment? She was originally charged with child endangerment:

article
Schwab pleaded no contest to a reduced charge of aggravated trespassing in May.

Her attorneys said in court Wednesday the accident and media attention that followed brought her a great deal of stress and anxiety.

She got a year of probation. For trying to kill her kid.
July 23, 2019
kman
Why would cruises have to be more expensive after banning children? It should work the other way. Banning children rids you of a huge liability, and the cruise lines have to cater to children when they are there, causing the lines to lose money.

They are more expensive just on general purpose. It's the same price before the banning of crotchlings, but they've always been expensive. I think the cheapest ocean voyage I've seen on there is 6k whereas the river cruise is 2k. They go up to 90k plus but that is a year-long cruise (IIRC).

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
July 24, 2019
I've never heard of a cruise ship that was encased with glass. I've never been on one and even I know they don't offer protective windows like what this family seemed to believe it had, and even if the glass is super clean, you can still see shit reflecting off it. And were they not on the ship long enough to notice that there was no protective glass?

There is no way anybody could legitimately think there's a window when there's not unless they're legally blind and retarded. This is absolutely a PNA and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the parents put Peepaw up to it figuring that even if they were caught, nobody would charge a feeble old man with anything, especially if it looked like an accident. Or it could be the grandfather wasn't all there mentally and the parents intentionally left the kid in his care knowing there was a good chance he'd hurt the kid or let it hurt itself by accident.

It's win-win for the parents. They dispose of their unwanted biological trash, they get loads of attention and sympathy, and odds are they'll get a decent chunk of change for their "suffering" too.
July 24, 2019
I saw a news clip where they were interviewing the parents...the grandfather was noticeably absent. Hmmm....

After reading more about it, I'm thinking gramps just assumed that the entire world is built with the safety of precious, precious children in mind, and plunked the kid up there without paying even a modicum of attention to where the fuck they were. I don't think it was a PNA anymore. I think the family is just a bunch of raging breeder morons who think a cruise ship should be child-proofed.
July 25, 2019
Hey, I hadn't seen this before...Puerto Rico safety officials were investigating to see if the grandfather should be charged with negligence. The clip I saw said Grandpa claimed that he "lost his grip" on her, whereas stuff I'd read before set he "sat her" on the railing she fell from...I gather he actually put her on the railing, let go thinking she would lean on the window and smack it ("like she did at hockey games"), but now is saying he never let go of her. So, starting to lie to cover his ass? Plus I'm starting to see conflicting accounts of where on the ship it was. Most of the stories were saying it was a children's area, and how could you have open windows in a children's area?!? But I've also read "in or near a dining area." Looks like they're starting to try their case before it goes to court, sorting out what stories they're going to tell and how they're going to slant things. And of course I'm still seeing the "suffered enough" rhetoric. No surprises there.

The toddler's father is a cop. I'm very interested to see how that plays into things...I'm wondering if they'll avoid charging the grandfather because there's a cop in the family.
July 27, 2019
I have a theory. This is a PNA with an attempt at collecting a great payout. Grandparent was used because it is simply easier to pull it off that way.
August 04, 2019
I hope the judge throws out the case. Moo is an attorney, grandpa clearly has no marbles, and the poor kid is dead.

Sounds like a bunch of idiots to me.
August 23, 2019
OK. I'm voting for intentional or Grandpa's just lost it. I don't get the excuse about he thought there'd be glass at that spot. I've yet to hear of a ship with glass barriers by the railings. This just doesn't pass the sniff test.
August 25, 2019
Absolutely not. I’ve been on cruise ships and even on the stillest days with the calmest seas you KNOW there isn’t glass. Just as when you stand outside on the street you KNOW there isn’t glass, because the air feels different. Also, wouldn’t glass on a cruise ship show fingerprints or a reflection? Duh and moo wanted to kill their kid and blame grandpa

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
August 25, 2019
Having that much glass on a cruise ship and effectively turning it into a floating snowglobe sounds like it would present a much higher safety risk than having no glass barriers like these morons seemed to think existed. Imagine anything hitting the ship or the ship ramming something - a whale, a rock, a storm, a reef, a good stiff wind, a bird. Unless it was shatterproof, it would mean glass everywhere. Not to mention it would probably result in a higher ticket cost to install that much glass all over the boat. Or how about the people who take a cruise because they want to enjoy the ocean weather from the safety of a deck?

It was a PNA and the parents just want to pass the blame onto the party with the deepest pockets. If they didn't stand to potentially make bank off a settlement for their loss, they wouldn't even bother with any of this. They know Pap-Pap isn't firing on all four cylinders upstairs, so they leave the kid in his care knowing there's a good chance he'll endanger or kill the kid, so it can be called a tragic accident.

Sounds like they planned this out nicely, but as usual, nobody sees it for what it really is: murder. Everyone still thinks that no parent would intentionally kill their own child in spite of proof of the contrary on literally a daily basis.
September 01, 2019
Did anyone see Hasan Minaj's latest Patriot Act? It seems like cruise ships are a great way to off people without facing charges, but those breeders are in for a disappointment if they think they will get compensation from the cruise line. There's always Go Fund Me, of course, for extending the modern grifter's reach.
September 01, 2019
Hasan Minaj's is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nCT8h8gO1g

Concerning cruiselines and how a lawyer could use Marine Law to ahem....get around things
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login