Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Murdering disabled siblings

Posted by cfdavep 
Murdering disabled siblings
February 24, 2021
https://www.yahoo.com/news/teen-accused-killing-disabled-sister-220346775.html

14 year old flips out and kills 19 year old disabled sister, stabbing her to death in her sleep. Wonder if there was a crap ton of her not existing according to moo because EVERYTHING for the messed up one. Not that I am saying this is any kind of solution, but when it hits the media that one finally flipped out and did it more tend to follow.
Re: Murdering disabled siblings
February 24, 2021
I saw this earlier in the week via Google News and I don't think they ever mentioned the victim was disabled. Maybe the story was too new at the time or they didn't feel it was a relevant detail.

It's entirely possible (and likely) that the girl was expected to help take care of her sibling along with her parents, which is completely unfair because she didn't choose to have a child, so her disabled sister should not be her responsibility. It's also possible her parents devoted all their efforts to the broken kid and completely neglected their normal daughter and all she wanted was her parents to give a shit about her. Or hell, maybe she saw her parents struggling to deal with her sister and wanted to relieve them of the burden she caused them permanently.

If she was a psychotic killer, I don't think she would have felt remorse, but she seemed to be upset over what she did. While I don't think the older sister deserved to die, I'd liken it to a mercy killing because what kind of quality of life did she have? It's not like she was going to get better and I have a feeling the younger sister saw the writing on the wall and didn't want to become her sibling's full-time caregiver when their parents died.
February 25, 2021
Some stories mention the disabled sister had cerebral palsy and was non-verbal.

My hunch is the parents had the younger girl in the first place to have a sibling to care for the older one. We have lots of threads about similar families.

Pennsylvania has charged the 14–year-old as an adult and she is being held without bail. A spokesman said homicide is not viewed there as a "delinquent act", so she's screwed. I don't view what she'll face as good or appropriate, but the authorities have their rules.

There are no winners here.
February 25, 2021
I'm with Cambion; the story I saw didn't mention the sister was disabled, and it was presented as a heinous act that came out of nowhere...well, whether it was heinous or not, if the sister was that severely disabled, it no longer "came out of nowhere." I agree that the likely story is that the younger sister was being parentified/used as a free caregiver for the older sister, and something snapped. I'm willing to bet the parents caused this, not the 14 year old, but the kid's the one who's going to pay for it.
February 25, 2021

I agree that the likely story is that the younger sister was being parentified/used as a free caregiver for the older sister, and something snapped. I'm willing to bet the parents caused this, not the 14 year old, but the kid's the one who's going to pay for it.

I'm having similar thoughts and I would bet there was already violence in the home.

The police and social services should be looking really hard at the parunts, but there is already the tone of them having "suffered enough." I also did not see a mention of any other children in the home.
February 25, 2021
For all we know the older sister could have been physically abusing her little sister and getting away with it. Mean vicious things could have happened to her and her parents may have told her to suck it up because your sister is disabled.

I suspect (whatever the circumstances were) it was likely too much for a 14 year old to handle rather than her being a psychopath or mentally ill in a way that would cause her to do this.
February 25, 2021
The 14 year old looks to have had a decent sized following on Tik Tok. It took a few days for the account to get removed, and in the interim people were going through it looking for clues that she may have been a psycho. It looks like she was an anime fan and was into posting they typical Gen Z type stuff. The Tik Toks have been removed, but from what remains on Twitter it looks like everyone is out for her blood. Lots of stuff about her being ableist and deserving whatever punishment she gets.

Considering she immediately called the cops, was hysterical on the phone, and then waited for them to get there, it wouldn’t surprise me if she had some kind of mental breakdown but immediately snapped back into reality when she realized what she had done. As many have mentioned here, the life of the normal sibling in families like this can be pretty messed up. I doubt the truth will ever come out, but I wonder if this was one of those situations where the parents ignored her 90% of the time, and spent the other 10% reminding her that the caring for the sibling was her responsibility.

Also, the older sister had cerebral palsy. It’s my understanding that cerebral palsy comes with chronic pain. A small part of me wonders if it could be possible that the older sister asked the younger for help with ending it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
February 25, 2021
LoveToLurk
The 14 year old looks to have had a decent sized following on Tik Tok. It took a few days for the account to get removed, and in the interim people were going through it looking for clues that she may have been a psycho. It looks like she was an anime fan and was into posting they typical Gen Z type stuff. The Tik Toks have been removed, but from what remains on Twitter it looks like everyone is out for her blood. Lots of stuff about her being ableist and deserving whatever punishment she gets.

Considering she immediately called the cops, was hysterical on the phone, and then waited for them to get there, it wouldn’t surprise me if she had some kind of mental breakdown but immediately snapped back into reality when she realized what she had done. As many have mentioned here, the life of the normal sibling in families like this can be pretty messed up. I doubt the truth will ever come out, but I wonder if this was one of those situations where the parents ignored her 90% of the time, and spent the other 10% reminding her that the caring for the sibling was her responsibility.

Also, the older sister had cerebral palsy. It’s my understanding that cerebral palsy comes with chronic pain. A small part of me wonders if it could be possible that the older sister asked the younger for help with ending it.

"Help with ending it" articles stated that she was nonverbal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login