Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Parunts go on strike

Posted by freya 
Parunts go on strike
February 27, 2021
Quote from article
Unhappy with remote learning and the toll it has taken on their students’ academic development Unhappy at being in the company of their kids 24x7, parents across the country are pulling out all the stops to pressure public schools into reopening.

second quote from article
Parents on Chicago’s West Side organized a protest, called distance learning a “hate crime......”

Let's define a hate crime:
definition of hate crime
The Hate Crime Statistics Act (28 U.S.C. § 534) defines hate crimes as “crimes that manifest evidence of prejudice based on race, gender or gender identity, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or ethnicity.”
source: https://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=tp&tid=37

article: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/parents-go-on-strike/ar-BB1e23hI?ocid=hplocalnews
Re: Parunts go on strike
February 27, 2021
I find it adorable that parents think they have any power or say in whether or not in-person school comes back. So they're going to teach teachers a lesson and force schools to re-open by intentionally denying their kids an education to try and prove a point. All the protests, blackouts and petition signing will do precisely fuck all because parental "pressure" in this regard can and will easily be disregarded.

Keeping their kids out of school in protest of remote learning is like customers who get pissed at a grocery store and threaten to never come back in an effort to punish the business. They don't get that their "punishment" will hurt them much more than it hurts the intended target. Only in this case, parents are choosing to harm their kids to make a point, which is far from unheard of.

Artlcle
A flyer for the protest said that parents would keep their children offline for as many days as it takes or until the city reaches a deal with the teachers union.

If parents are going to be using their kids' educations as a form of protest, then they need to be home-schooling. Otherwise it should be considered truancy and treated as such with fines, jail time, mandatory counseling, etc.

You hit the nail on the head, though. The parents aren't fighting tooth and nail because they care about their kids getting a proper education. They're fighting so hard because they don't want to deal with their own kids all day every day.
Re: Parunts go on strike
February 28, 2021
'they are going to keep their kids offline...' don't they think this may well exacerbate the problems they are having?
This is an example of the evolution of social interactions. A century ago, this never would have been an issue. Mostly because the f*** population was way less and kids could go outside, blow off steam, and not come into contact with another infected individual. They had chores to do at home.
However, as time has gone on, what we have today is the socialization they are used to, so to give the devil his due, they are suffering from it. Lack of ability to amuse themselves, inability to go outside sufficiently, so I will give them that.
My opinion, let the schools open, but make sure they avoid vulnerable family members.
Saw something the other day on some baby born, sick, and has 15,000 times the viral load of ccp virus afflicted adults. However, this is something I heard a while back. Kids have more of hte virus, spread it more efficiently. And knocked up cows can be infected easier as well.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login