Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duh lets kid die in industrial accident

Posted by cfdavep 
Duh lets kid die in industrial accident
March 05, 2021
https://old.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/lyb5pn/very_sad_tragedy_but_parents_should_not_let_their/

A duh allowed his daughter to use a dangerous industrial workplace which is private property as a playground. Kid went nuts and a heavy tire fell on her killing her. Duh tried to sue because the guy working there temporarily left the tire where sprogs could get to it. Even weepy DailyMail commenters are getting upvoted for calling the guy out. Only a few are blaming the worker for not getting that tire to a shed on the double in case a free range brat is on the loose

The days of demanding proper behavior on someone else's property and the concept of danger is not taught to kids anymore and this is why these things happen
Re: Duh lets kid die in industrial accident
March 06, 2021
cfdavep
https://old.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/lyb5pn/very_sad_tragedy_but_parents_should_not_let_their/

A duh allowed his daughter to use a dangerous industrial workplace which is private property as a playground. Kid went nuts and a heavy tire fell on her killing her. Duh tried to sue because the guy working there temporarily left the tire where sprogs could get to it. Even weepy DailyMail commenters are getting upvoted for calling the guy out. Only a few are blaming the worker for not getting that tire to a shed on the double in case a free range brat is on the loose

The days of demanding proper behavior on someone else's property and the concept of danger is not taught to kids anymore and this is why these things happen

I smell a PNA personally...

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
March 07, 2021
Litigious Father complaining about the court findings
'My beautiful little girl is gone forever and nobody is accountable,' a distraught Mr Dorrough told A Current Affair on Thursday.

Someone is absolutely accountable, and that would be whoever was supposed to be watching the child. Oh, wait, that would be her father who let her play in an industrial complex like it was a backyard playground. Honestly sounds less like a PNA to me and more like a man who feels like parenting his own child is "babysitting"...he couldn't be bothered to be a responsible parent, his kid paid the price, and now he's looking to throw blame around to make sure none of it lands on himself. And if he can make some cash in the process, even better!
March 07, 2021
I'm thinking PNA too, or at the very least negligence. The way they talk about the kid' mother, I'm guessing she and the Duh are separated or Duh has primary/sole custody because Moo's only comment was some generic canned response.

In any case, this guy's got some balls trying to sue someone else for his own poor parenting. He allowed his kids to play unsupervised around and on stuff that could easily hurt them.

'This was a seven-year-old girl, there was no reason for the wheels to be there, you've got a 160sqm shed that you're renting that you could easily put two wheels inside.

WTF, shut the fuck up. It's not the other guy's fault that the brain-dead asshole next door let his kids loose on the property. It goes to show how little he was minding his own kids when they were initially playing in his store and made it outside to mess with someone else's stuff. Maybe the wheels weren't stored because there wasn't space for them? Maybe the guy couldn't move them without help? Maybe they were needed soon after and there was no sense stuffing them in the shed? How does Duh know what could "easily" fit in the shed?

Duh had two separate investigations done because the first one didn't find the business owner at fault and Duh didn't like not getting "justice" (translation: a settlement). Even if there was no neglect involved, who sits down and thinks, "Hmmm perhaps I shouldn't put this (thing) right here because it might fall on a child?" It's the parents' job to be on the lookout for that shit. I highly doubt a truck tire just mysteriously toppled over on a passing child - the little shit was probably climbing all over it and gravity doing what it do, she pulled it down on herself.

It's sad it happened because it was one hundred percent preventable, but it isn't the other guy's fault. I blame Duh entirely because he couldn't be arsed to wrangle his own kids.

"I want Lily to know that I loved her and I'll never forgive this guy, never forget, and I'll do my best for my little princess," he said.

Oh sure, you loved her enough to ignore her while she played on someone else's dangerous stuff. I wonder how often he "did the best for his little princess" when she was alive. It's real easy to puff out your chest and be a papa bear when your kid is dead and you can do your best with zero effort. If anything, Duh should be charged with neglect/endangerment. The tire guy probably will get less business now because of Duh painting him as a monster in the media.

Maybe Duhddy ought to sue the manufacturer of the tire for making tires that can crush children so then all tires can be child-proofed and cost more. eye rolling smiley
March 07, 2021
Good Lard I watched the video. The kid is seven years old and she was running around like a feral ape, jumping on displays, etc. She is way too old to be acting like that. I would bet money she saw the tire and jumped over it like it was something on a playground and rolled it on herself.

Someone here said it, their natural instinct seems to be to terminate themselves. The process of civilization is under-rated. The reward to being a big meanie doo-doo head and making your child behave isn't just so that other people won't hate you---your kid is also less likely to run around Darwinizing itself.
March 07, 2021
The only two crimes here are that he is not in jail and is not sterilized. It is too late for his daughter but having him in jail would prevent him from doing something as stupid ever again. The sterilization part should be a given under these circumstances.
March 08, 2021
"I let my kid play around in an industrial meat grinder and now she's dead, who can I sue for attention and money?"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login