Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Grandma

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Grandma
December 13, 2005
I just read the wonderful post my grandma. Her story really moved me, as we need more of that in our society. Those statements about there being more to life than kids are often silenced by all the pronatalism in all arenas. We are more than baby makers, we have more to offer the over populated world than just another slaved to work in the global factory. I am sad at times that the world is not different, that all paths are not honored equally. We must have more women speaking the truth about children, separating them from the guilt of speaking against their own children, and understanding that they were a person with hopes dreams and ambitions before they had kids.
Where are all the voices like this grandmother? She brings a peace to the world, with her wisdom, but society is too worried about "having it all" to notice that they might not really want what "all" has to offer.
On top of stopping life to have kids and never offering anything to all the problems we hear on the news- or often don't hear. Thank you for sharing the story of a very rare and honest woman.
Re: Grandma
December 13, 2005
My mother is very honest about having children. Even though she had four children, she says it is not worth it! She applauds that I don't want kids and even tells people when they ask her when am I going to have children that I don't want them and thank God because she doesn't have to baby-sit! She is a very loving mother and treated us so well, but she honestly doesn't like kids! I agree with the comment posted by halen that we need to hear more women talk about the reality of having children and not all the bullshit about how "having children is worth it" and "you'll feel different when you have one".
mercurior 1
Re: Grandma
December 14, 2005
that sounds like my mum,
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.