Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Missouri seeks to end medical care for etopic pregnancy

Posted by craftyzits 
Missouri seeks to end medical care for etopic pregnancy
March 12, 2022
This bill will forbid women from having surgery to end an ectopic pregnancy. Getting such treatment for this fatal condition would mean a 30-year term in prison. Their other option is to allow the woman to die when the Fallopian tube ruptures.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/597911-missouri-bill-seeks-to-ban-terminating-fatal-ectopic-pregnancies

I've been predicting the GOP would go down this path sense 2014.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Re: Missouri seeks to end medical care for etopic pregnancy
March 12, 2022
What the GOP won't or can't understand is that an ectopic pregnancy is a TIME BOMB. That misplaced womb parasite is gonna grow bigger and bigger, and in as little as 12 weeks' gestation, the fallopian tube will go bickety-bam, causing the woman to bleed to death. When that occurs, what the FUCK do they think will happen to the fetus they're trying so hard to protect?

This would be EXACTLY like telling a 65-year-old man that he can't have surgery to repair an abdominal aortic aneurysm, because "it's not God's plan!" If it ruptures, he will bleed to death—and it could have ALLLLLL been prevented.

Ergo, terminating an ectopic pregnancy would fall under SELF-DEFENSE. The most rabid of fetus-worshippers will indubitably say "it's different because BAYBEE!" It really isn't, because in the end, the clump will kill its mother.

It brings to mind the case of Sky Walker, the fat fuck autard who mindlessly beat his mother to death. When he was pounding on her because he didn't like what color shirt she was wearing (or other such tard shit), she would've been within her rights to defend herself with force (up to and including deadly force.) But she just sat there and took it, which is why she's dead.

Same principle, am I right?
March 13, 2022
Hello, nice to see you again.

You are 100% correct. I like the cut of your jib.

What the fuck is it with: 1. ignorant men with no knowledge of biology or much else. It's frightening they get elected anyway by similar mouth breathers. and 2. we know what the bottom line is: they do not care about women. They do not care if they die. If they die in the name of the Almighty Fetus, all the better.

Anyone who thinks all of this is nothing other than punishment for having sex is also a fool. Every now and then a staffer or an advisor to one of these numbskulls does not prevail and people like this show their true colors. (99.9% of the time it's a male.)

This is not about protecting Baybees. It's about denying women access to medical care and not intervening to save their very lives from a preventable death.

This should be a wake-up call to any woman with a uterus. But too many of them are bleating that "Feminism is about choices. If I want to stay home and live off my wallet and get all the respect that a mother deserves, that's still a valid choice.TM."
March 13, 2022
bell_flower

This should be a wake-up call to any woman with a uterus. But too many of them are bleating that "Feminism is about choices. If I want to stay home and live off my wallet and get all the respect that a mother deserves, that's still a valid choice.TM."

While it is their choice to stay at home and live off their men, that choice isn't feminist.

Feminism is about having the same opportunities for women as men. It's about freeing women from the house and nursery, where they can create and live their lives on their own terms.

Staying home, living off a man, and generally playing house all day is the opposite of feminism. You're empowering the man to be king of his house because you don't contribute to the family income. Money rules, and the person with the money is the boss.
March 13, 2022
The body kind of terminates ectopic pregnancy on its own once it gets too far along. It can also attempt to terminate the woman when it's not treated because it's usually a medical fucking emergency (apparently sometimes they can resolve on their own, which I did not know). Why am I not the least bit surprised it's a man pushing for this to be enacted? Funny how it's always politicians with penises who want these absurd laws about women's reproductive rights put into effect for health concerns they themselves will never have to deal with.

It sounds like the idiot's angle is he thinks that there is no way to tell if a pregnancy is ectopic because "They don't have the hospital machinery to tell if this is an ectopic pregnancy," and he simply wants to prevent women from attempting to abort what could be a perfectly viable pregnancy by just claiming it's ectopic and therefore unsalvageable. Funny how we have ultrasounds to diagnose ectopic pregnancies, but yeah no, we don't have the technology to diagnose them or anything and women just like to say they're ectopic because it's fun.

Seitz said that the bill would not prevent the legal use of ectopic pregnancy treatments, except in cases in which a woman was a victim of sex trafficking or was outside the care of a hospital or doctor, according to Newsweek.

As opposed to the illegal use of ectopic pregnancy treatments? I'm pretty sure the only way to get the necessary medications or surgery to deal with an ectopic pregnancy is to consult a physician. And of course women who probably got kidnapped and forcefully sold into sex slavery can just go die because they don't matter to him, even though I'd wager this asshat can only get any action if he pays for it.

You know what, let's just put everyone in jail. Because if every reproductive cell is a life, then any man who has ejaculated outside of a vagina and any woman who has had a period, a miscarriage, a tubal pregnancy or a stillbirth is a serial killer by pro-life standards. Good luck geting votes when we're all felons!
March 13, 2022

It sounds like the idiot's angle is he thinks that there is no way to tell if a pregnancy is ectopic because "They don't have the hospital machinery to tell if this is an ectopic pregnancy," and he simply wants to prevent women from attempting to abort what could be a perfectly viable pregnancy by just claiming it's ectopic and therefore unsalvageable. Funny how we have ultrasounds to diagnose ectopic pregnancies, but yeah no, we don't have the technology to diagnose them or anything and women just like to say they're ectopic because it's fun.

Other than killing women, this guy's position makes no sense. Because we absolutely have the tools to detect an ectopic pregnancy. Sometimes they are hard to detect and it requires DEDUCTIVE REASONING to treat women. It's a medical issue, not a political issue.

Bottom line: Every woman with a uterus who is sexually active needs to be aware of the dangers of ectopic pregnancy. Because you can die from them.

If the purpose of this bill is to stop an abortion, that makes no sense either because even if you are prevented from having an abortion, you WILL DIE from an ectopic pregnancy.

Here are some real life scenarios I am aware of because I've been alive a long time and they have happened to people I know or knew:

1. Woman wants to be pregnant. Woman gets pregnant. Woman has what she thinks is a miscarriage. Woman gets a D&C because the thought is the fetus died inside her. Note, many "pro-lie" women refuse D&Cs when their fetus dies because in their screwed-up heads they are having abortions. (Because they are brainwashed ignoramuses and what a shame that loafing does not require any IQ whatsoever.) I suppose that's their choice, but if I were in that situation I would rather go the medical route because: 1. you have something necrotic inside you and 2. it's essential the "products of conception" go to pathology so it can be VERIFIED they got the products of conception. One of my friends was fortunate enough to have a sharp doctor and pathologist and they realized the sperm-n-egg omelet was not in what they scraped out, so they started looking elsewhere and found it in the tube. The tube had to be cut out. (rendering her sterile on one side.) Note: an alternative method is to check the pregnancy hormones. If they are not falling after a D&C, that could be a sign the woman is still pregnant and it's outside the uterus.

2. Woman almost died with her first and only pregnancy. She was smart enough to get a tubal ligation. Later on, they divorced; woman went back to school and had low budget insurance where maternity coverage was optional. (Insurance companies used to be able to do this.) Because she was sterilized and had no desire for more kids, she elected the non-maternity option.

Woman ended up in the hospital with fainting due to extremely low blood pressure. Luckily, someone figured out what she had an ectopic pregnancy and they cut it out before she died. As a special bonus, her insurance denied all her costs because they said she was pregnant, even though she had been sterilized. I'm not sure how it turned out but she was a law student and I think she ultimately prevailed.

ETA: Once again these "pro lie" nut jobs are fucking up medicine and we should all be concerned. They have even stigmatized plain old D&C's to the point when brainwashed women elect not to have them, even though their feti are dead, and they can get infections, etc. It's insane.
March 13, 2022
Peace
Staying home, living off a man, and generally playing house all day is the opposite of feminism. You're empowering the man to be king of his house because you don't contribute to the family income. Money rules, and the person with the money is the boss.

I grew up in a house with this exact philosophy, except as a kid the rank was even lower than as a woman. Opinions weren't allowed from kids. Emotions (other than smiles and happiness) were also not allowed.

Peace
Feminism is about having the same opportunities for women as men. It's about freeing women from the house and nursery, where they can create and live their lives on their own terms.

Why is this concept so hard to grasp for so many women and men? And why are there so many women (some incredibly intelligent) who somehow think they can be feminists, have brats and not be completely exhausted all the time? Other than the incredibly wealthy most families cannot afford for both spouses to work, have lots of free time, someone to watch the brats and someone to keep the house clean plus all the other ridiculous expectations bizzy parents think of to overcompensate for brats: lavish vacations, private schools, someone else making their dinners, spa treatments, time at clubs, guys/girls night/weekends/out, vacation homes, etc. And once you introduce the wealth aspect typically the power leans towards one or the other of the spouses if there are brats. Even the least self-aware are aware of the power balance in their relationship. And having brats seems to be the surest way to guarantee there will be a power shift in the relationship.

And even among the wealthiest, read about Musk and his recent baby mama. Apparently he is incredibly cheap and had her eating peanut butter for eight days straight and a bunch of other near poverty habits. At least she is successful and can go back to whatever version of normal she prefers.
March 13, 2022
freya
Peace

I grew up in a house with this exact philosophy, except as a kid the rank was even lower than as a woman. Opinions weren't allowed from kids. Emotions (other than smiles and happiness) were also not allowed.

Peace

Why is this concept so hard to grasp for so many women and men? And why are there so many women (some incredibly intelligent) who somehow think they can be feminists, have brats and not be completely exhausted all the time?

I too grew up in a house that said father pays the bills, so his word is law. From the home rules, to discipline, to the choice of food in the fridge, he paid the bills so he made the decisions and everything was tailored to his comfort and choices. We were supposed to be seen and never heard. I hated every minute of it and swore I'd never willingly tether myself to such a man when grown up. Thankfully Mr. Peace is a good man and the opposite of what most men are.

Women have been sold a bill of goods. Women can't have it all. Ultimately she will have to choose: a career or children, unless she's in a high paying occupation that allows for paid childcare. While feminism has been good for women, in my opinion it failed in educating men to see women as equals in the home and workplace. While you may or may not agree on the male aspect of feminism I mentioned, you can't have full equality between the sexes unless men do their fair share of the emotional and home labor that women traditionally have done.

And let's face reality. Lots of men get off on being small, petty tyrants. They'll never be anything but working stiffs, but they can exercise power over their financially dependant wife and kids.
March 17, 2022
My aunt nearly died from an ectopic pregnancy. She was in horrific pain and the doctors didn't want to listen to her and the fetus died and was rotting inside of her. This was a few decades ago. After that she wasn't able to have any kids.

Denying women to basic medical care that would save their lives is equal to murder in my eyes. It's the same as watching a person in the desert dying of thirst and you're drinking a nice, big icy glass of water in front of them and not letting them have any.

Don't these assholes have daughters? How would they feel if one of their own kids had an ectopic pregnancy and died from it, knowing that they put into law what caused their death?
March 17, 2022
freya
Peace

Why is this concept so hard to grasp for so many women and men?.

I think because people have lost sight of the originally intended purpose of feminism, which is exactly what you described: equal rights/opportunities for men and women domestically, professionally, politically and so on. What feminism seems to have become is just women who want to hate men because they're men and blame everything on men that doesn't go their way. A lot of women now seem to only want to be feminists when it benefits them, but when they have to deal with the difficult consequences of gender equality, then all of a sudden they want to be meek little women and do "women's work." So they want equality, but only when it's convenient. Doesn't sound like equality to me - sounds like being a choosy beggar.

mumofsixbirds
Don't these assholes have daughters? How would they feel if one of their own kids had an ectopic pregnancy and died from it, knowing that they put into law what caused their death?

Oh but you see, that's different! The exception will always be their loved ones - any other woman who "murders" an ectopic pregnancy should rot in jail for three decades, but if the daughter/spouse/female loved one of one of these politicians pushing for this law had an ectopic pregnancy, then it would be okay for them to terminate. But only them, and only that time, unless it happens again to the same woman, in which case that's okay too. But not those other filthy sluts! eye rolling smiley
March 18, 2022
I don't understand the reason for legislation to prevent treatment for ectopic pregnancy. That's like legislation to prevent treating gangrene.

But it is Missouri, you know. And Missouri loves company (bad pun there).

Also, think about the bans some states briefly had on "nonessential" medical treatment after COVID hit in 2000 that hit even people undergoing chemotherapy for cancer. That set a precedent for this kind of nonsense.
March 20, 2022
When I was in high school I knew a girl who had an ectopic pregnancy. She wound up in the hospital, lost one of her fallopian tubes, and nearly died. But I guess that's not enough suffering for a 16 year old girl; certain people would rather she died.
March 24, 2022
I saw someone on reddit. someone who identifies as pro-choice, refer to the removal of an ectopic pregnasty as an "abortion."

I tried to correct the person. It makes me want to scream how the pro-lie movement is succeeding in dragging everyone else down to the same level of ignorance where they are.

ETA for the obvious: It's not an "abortion" because the fetus is not in the womb! It would not survive if you left it alone. The only thing it would do is KILL THE HOST.
Do... they know ectopic pregnancies won't result in a baby? Ever, at all? That it's already "aborted" by definition? Or do they just want to see women suffer painfully & die because they hate us that bad?

Also: "pregnant person". Because apparently the word "woman" is taboo now. Never in my 38 years on this planet have I lived through such dark, dystopian times. It's Handmaid's Tale in 2022. We're being attacked from the left and right. May the odds be ever in your favor, ladies.
April 17, 2022
trance formation usa
Also: "pregnant person". Because apparently the word "woman" is taboo now. Never in my 38 years on this planet have I lived through such dark, dystopian times. It's Handmaid's Tale in 2022. We're being attacked from the left and right. May the odds be ever in your favor, ladies.

Women are the ones who made us use "pregnant person." These trans-Moos feel so entitled to both manhood and breeding that they want to be called "pregnant men" when they're using female organs to make their babies.
April 18, 2022
trance formation usa
Do... they know ectopic pregnancies won't result in a baby? Ever, at all? That it's already "aborted" by definition? Or do they just want to see women suffer painfully & die because they hate us that bad?

The Republicans want control. They want to enslave 75% or more of the American people, and the way to do that is to strip them of their rights. Any American who is not male, cis, and white will be part of the new Republican slave class. If they must butcher half of all American women and girls, they will gleefully do that.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 18, 2022

I don't think they know, or if they do, they don't care. I have heard more than one pro-lifer say they want to fight for the rights of ectopic pregnancies so the wayward embryos can be surgically removed from the woman's tube and re-implanted in her uterus to continue growing. Because that's how that works, just like transplanting flower bulbs. eye rolling smiley

Not to mention the fact that not allowing women to get medical treatment for ectopic pregnancies means they could easily wind up dying and killing the zygote anyway because the clump can't exactly survive when its host is dead. So WTF is even the point? It's not like forcing women to die is going to save the doomed clumps.

These motherfuckers need to quit making bullshit laws governing women's bodily autonomy when they don't even understand how women's anatomy works. Let's outlaw pooping while we're at it because when someone swallows semen, it means billions of potential fetuses get digested and expelled.
April 18, 2022
you can't transplant those goddamed ectopics... don't think it works that way

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
April 18, 2022
twocents
you can't transplant those goddamed ectopics... don't think it works that way

Nope, but you can kill lots of women and probably orphan the women's other children. That will make the Republicans cream themselves.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 19, 2022
Missouri is a pit.
April 19, 2022
by the same token, prostate cancer should not be treated because it might impact virility in a male. goes both ways

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
April 19, 2022
Well of course they don't want to give medical care to women with ectopic pregnancies! Stupid bitches don't even know where to put the fetus and must be punished for the idiotic whores that they are! /s

This is so disgusting I can't even think of much else to say, except Thank God I don't live in Missouri.
April 19, 2022
mumofsixbirds

This is so disgusting I can't even think of much else to say, except Thank God I don't live in Missouri.

I thank God I don't have a uterus or ovaries, so I don't risk a fetus anywhere under my epidermis.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 20, 2022
I was reading an article today where a Rethuglican admitted that they just wanted to live peacefully in ignorance, they literally admitted it. They really want to be stupid, because ignorance is bliss, a way to be a kid again and let "God-uhh do all the heavy lifting mentally. It was some fan of deSantis in Florida. deSantis is using Florida to get prepped to run for the presidency, to finish off what Trump started.
April 21, 2022
When I heard about that, I was so pissed. The whole anti-choice thing pisses me off, but that was the ugly cherry on top.

This is the desire to punish women. It's born of anti-woman malice, for not only will it punish the single, unwedded woman, it will punish married women. If for whatever reason a woman, married or unmarried, has had surgery done on the fallopian tubes, infection, or anything else that causes an increased risk of ectopic pregnancy, she could literally die from this 'law.' She could leave behind family, friends, pets, any other children, a husband, her mother, father, and siblings.

This law protects nobody. A corpse has more rights then a living woman with this law. She becomes all but property, her body not totally her own, but subject to the will and discretion of others.

This law is nothing more but rank barbarity. It has no place in a civilized country.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login