Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Hand-Wringing, Pearl-Clutching and Rumination of the Modern Moo

Posted by bell_flower 
The Hand-Wringing, Pearl-Clutching and Rumination of the Modern Moo
April 29, 2022
This is an absolutely ridiculous article over at SheKnows.

It's about a mom who has a minor fight with her kid as she's taking her to school. Que the daylong Mooing and rumination that culminating in this article with the title: Morning Mom Guilt is the Absolute Worst.

First of all, the title. The worst? Worse than living in Ukraine? Worse than having cancer? You would think so, reading this drivel.

The summary version:
1. Moo and her tween daughter got in an argument on the way to school. Moo reports it wasn't a particularly vicious argument, or even a new argument. (Could it be that Moo has no spine and the daughter keeps pressing?)
2. According to moo, this was different because it was on the way to school. (?) And there was no resolution. The daughter got out "with an upset look on her face."

Moo ruminates about it the rest of the day, even while she's presumably being paid to do a job.

She feels "awful" +and "chastises" herself the entire day.
She actually refers to the "horrific realities of parenting in the 21st century"
She says "mom guilt" is enduring and at the "edge of a nightmare."

At the end of the day, she's "eager" to clear the air and apologize for how she handled things. It turns out, her daughter forgot the argument and it didn't affect her as it did Moo. Que the self-congratulations that she's raising a "secure" child and that "morning mom guilt" is not a reflection of her "parunting." (Gawd I hate that word.)

Seriously, WTF is it with these wimpy parunts who are terrified their kyds won't "like" them? Arguments are a reality of life. Maybe the kid was being a brat? I am confident in saying my parents and I may have argued in the car, and it didn't destroy either of us the rest of the day.

I don't get it. exploding face shrug
Re: The Hand-Wringing, Pearl-Clutching and Rumination of the Modern Moo
April 29, 2022
The moo seems less mature than the dotter. The moo sounds like a tween, perhaps it was a case of arrested development and she was a teen mahm? I don't think it is a legitimate case of baybee hormones because if she just sluiced again I doubt she'd have the energy to carry on like this. I'm guessing she doesn't have enough to do. She really needs to get a life and find other ways to occupy her day so she doesn't obsess over trivial things. I think the dotter would back me up on this. Just wait 'til your dotter becomes a teen, moo and the hormones flow! Oh, the melodrama! There will be two weirdly insecure, obsessed over nothing femails in the home.

And moos like to act like they are sooo deep solely because they sluiced and anyone who doesn't have brats is shallow by default. Having depth isn't a prerequisite to parunting. Here is the perfect example of a moo who is shallow and preoccupied by the most trivial things. At least she isn't claiming to be bizzy.
freya
The moo seems less mature than the dotter. The moo sounds like a tween, perhaps it was a case of arrested development and she was a teen mahm? I don't think it is a legitimate case of baybee hormones because if she just sluiced again I doubt she'd have the energy to carry on like this. I'm guessing she doesn't have enough to do. She really needs to get a life and find other ways to occupy her day so she doesn't obsess over trivial things. I think the dotter would back me up on this. Just wait 'til your dotter becomes a teen, moo and the hormones flow! Oh, the melodrama! There will be two weirdly insecure, obsessed over nothing femails in the home.

And moos like to act like they are sooo deep solely because they sluiced and anyone who doesn't have brats is shallow by default. Having depth isn't a prerequisite to parunting. Here is the perfect example of a moo who is shallow and preoccupied by the most trivial things. At least she isn't claiming to be bizzy.

This windsock needs to either discipline the brat or get on with her life.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login